Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Got offered a chance to review some crotchless panties. Hmmm. Might be time to bring that waxing kit out of retirement for one last video review.
I hope you appreciate all that your dog puts up with. Just sayin'!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Starting work at half past five tomorrow.

I'd rather start the weekend early and stay home.

F^%&. :D
Well I'm working this afternoon and evening. With pneumonia no less. I've got the x ray to prove it. Good thing I can read em too. Still, I feel like crap. No mood for whiny ED docs expecting me to bail them out.o_O

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
School year in full swing, soccer season in full swing, speaker project added to the never to be finished pile.

Went to look at new cars just for fun. Sat in a Toyota Tundra that costs more than I make a year. very depressing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Went to look at new cars just for fun. Sat in a Toyota Tundra that costs more than I make a year. very depressing.
Depressing? Cheer up. I say look at it this way - you live in an era where you can actually buy a new vehicle that costs more than you make in a year. See? Glass half full, my friend.

Besides, if you build another sub, you're going be living in your vehicle when the GF kicks you out - so think of it more as a home purchase. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Depressing? Cheer up. I say look at it this way - you live in an era where you can actually buy a new vehicle that costs more than you make in a year. See? Glass half full, my friend.

Besides, if you build another sub, you're going be living in your vehicle when the GF kicks you out - so think of it more as a home purchase. :D
Somehow I don't feel better about the whole car/salary thing :p

Fair point. I'm convinced, I'll go back tomorrow and have the paperwork drawn up, because we both know that I'll never stop building subs.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Somehow I don't feel better about the whole car/salary thing :p

Fair point. I'm convinced, I'll go back tomorrow and have the paperwork drawn up, because we both know that I'll never stop building subs.
Best go ahead and get the premium sound package then...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
School year in full swing, soccer season in full swing, speaker project added to the never to be finished pile.

Do you feel comfortable enough yet asking to use the wood shop at the school?

You can get a a slightly used Tundra for a lot less than new. If you're patient, you should be able to find one at a good price. Shop at the end of the month. You'll get better pricing. Play the 'game'. Don't be afraid to say "No." or walk away to get the price you want. You could get a Camry or Corolla cheaper than a Tundra. You'll have a lot less maintenance with a car than a truck. Wow, sorry for the rant. :oops:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Shop at the end of the month. You'll get better pricing. Play the 'game'. Don't be afraid to say "No." or walk away to get the price you want.
That doesn't work around here with Toyota. Haggling with the dealer consists "Here is our price - take it or leave it". May have something to do with the fact that both dealerships in our area are owned by the same family.:rolleyes: They know they can sell for full price, so they'll wait for the customer who will pay it. That's why I bought a Nissan Frontier, instead of a Toyota Tacoma.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Best go ahead and get the premium sound package then...
What kind of peasant mobile do you think I was sitting in? :p Only the fully loaded Platinum for me :D

Do you feel comfortable enough yet asking to use the wood shop at the school?

You can get a a slightly used Tundra for a lot less than new. If you're patient, you should be able to find one at a good price. Shop at the end of the month. You'll get better pricing. Play the 'game'. Don't be afraid to say "No." or walk away to get the price you want. You could get a Camry or Corolla cheaper than a Tundra. You'll have a lot less maintenance with a car than a truck. Wow, sorry for the rant. :oops:
Yea, I could probably use the wood shop now and I wouldn't feel weird about it. The issue nowadays is that in order to get any material to and from the wood shop I'd have to either rent or borrow a truck. Hence looking at the Tundra.....well that and not wanting to deal with pumping anymore money into the Honda. Too bad because they have a nice big table saw with extra outfeed and side supports. Plus they also have a big panel saw. Pretty much perfect because that's my biggest need, being able to rip down into more manageable pieces that I can then take home and put together.

Yea, I know all the practical reasons I should go with a car or wagon, but I've wanted a truck since I was 5. So I'll be darned if the first vehicle I purchase completely on my own will be anything but. ;)

That doesn't work around here with Toyota. Haggling with the dealer consists "Here is our price - take it or leave it". May have something to do with the fact that both dealerships in our area are owned by the same family.:rolleyes: They know they can sell for full price, so they'll wait for the customer who will pay it. That's why I bought a Nissan Frontier, instead of a Toyota Tacoma.
Tell me about it. I'm not sure about negotiating, but the dealership nearest me is huge and they carry Toyota, Hyundai, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Nissan, Kia, Ram, Scion, and Subaru. They're huge so I'm curious to see what negotiating with them will be like. They list an e-price on their website and I'm skeptical that they will budge from that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if they have a discount for teachers. If you haven't asked already, it's worth a shot.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder if they have a discount for teachers. If you haven't asked already, it's worth a shot.
Definitely something to ask about when the time comes. Although right now I'm too broke to take on a monthly payment. Right now I'm trying to save up around $10K to put down on whatever it is I get. Might also be looking to buy a house this winter. A mortgage payment will be about half of what we're paying in rent right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis