Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I moved my 50" plasma by myself this morning. That muscle in my lower back that I forgot about? Yeah, there it is. Trying to walk tomorrow should be fun.

Of course, if the new Sammy arrives in good shape, I won't need to walk tomorrow. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I moved my 50" plasma by myself this morning. That muscle in my lower back that I forgot about? Yeah, there it is. Trying to walk tomorrow should be fun.

Of course, if the new Sammy arrives in good shape, I won't need to walk tomorrow. :D
The feel flux should be delivered to my parents house sometime soon. Just in time for me to get it when I visit for Holidays. However it's going to be a huge pain trying to get back for the TV delivery now that they've rescheduled.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but...you could ask them to deliver it later. :eek: :D
Later in the day? For whatever reason they didn't have an evening option. As for the day, it was the only day they had open before I go back to work.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Later in the day? For whatever reason they didn't have an evening option. As for the day, it was the only day they had open before I go back to work.
Bummer. I meant another day. Hopefully mine shows up this afternoon. I called the delivery company on Saturday, and they said everything was on track. I got a call this morning from somebody local that I don't know, but I didn't get to the phone in time. No message, so I don't know if it was them.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Order a foam roller it looks like a mid-evil torture device but it does wonders for the lower back.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Initial reaction - amazing!

Second reaction - enormous disappointment. This thing buzzes INCREDIBLY loudly if I'm actually sitting in front of it...which seems like the normal place people sit relative to a TV. That, and the *&%$ing screen filter makes off-axis viewing worse than almost any LCD screen I've seen. Odds are high that this will get returned, with the buzz being my claim of it being defective because I think it is.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Second reaction - enormous disappointment. This thing buzzes INCREDIBLY loudly if I'm actually sitting in front of it...which seems like the normal place people sit relative to a TV. That, and the *&%$ing screen filter makes off-axis viewing worse than almost any LCD screen I've seen. Odds are high that this will get returned, with the buzz being my claim of it being defective because I think it is.
That's too bad, I know the reviews had said that Samsung had figured out the buzzing with the 8500. What screen filter is that? Is it a digital filter or one that's on the screen?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Oh that sucks.
I remember reading about that in earlier models (as Fuzz mentioned)
It will be interesting to see if yours is defective, or they all do it.
Interesting to see how Rob and Fuzz make out...... I don't actually mean that they'll make out.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I was talking about the impressions of their new 8500's.
... But if they did decide to, it would be their conscious free choice as adults in our free country.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, guys! I'll have to check if that's a digital filter. That's new technology to me. :) The buzz is kind of like my Panasonic except right in front (and my couch is about 12 feet away) where it's really loud. Might be reflections? I'm going to put a towel or something on the back wall and glass table to check.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Reflection off of the glass doesn't seem to be the issue. This thing sounds like a big CRT from the days of yore. I found ferrite cores in the accessory pack and put one on the power cord - didn't change anything.

I've played around with the picture settings some, and at least I can get it so that it doesn't look like a jittery soap opera. Pretty happy with that.

Still looking to see if there's some sort of digital filter. I don't even know what that is...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Reflection off of the glass doesn't seem to be the issue. This thing sounds like a big CRT from the days of yore. I found ferrite cores in the accessory pack and put one on the power cord - didn't change anything.

I've played around with the picture settings some, and at least I can get it so that it doesn't look like a jittery soap opera. Pretty happy with that.

Still looking to see if there's some sort of digital filter. I don't even know what that is...
I only mention that because I read in one of the reviews that there was some filter or setting that you definitely want off and not on. I don't even remember if it would solve your problem or what it did fix, but maybe it would help. Here's hoping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis