Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
You know how it is: you either love em or you hate em. Of course, I'm still aiming to hear some of their other flavors (Heritage and Palladium) one of these good days.
Paul Klipsch was one of the great pioneers of our time, some of his original designs are still being made to order, so it's still possible to get the original Klipschhorn.... Another price range than where you are but imagine a 5.2 system with 4 Klipschorns, La Scala II center and ...... Wait a minute, I don't think you need any subs if you have 4 klipschorns.... :eek:
How is a sub even getting close to follow the efficiency of the Klipschhorns ???????

Efficiency is 105 dB 1W/1M, and then you have a 15" woofer in each speaker...

I don't think you can talk about any kind of dynamic compression around here :p

Klipschorn Floorstanding Speaker

La Scala II Floorstanding Speaker (or how's this for a center speaker?)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Paul Klipsch was one of the great pioneers of our time, some of his original designs are still being made to order, so it's still possible to get the original Klipschhorn....
Indeed; as I pointed out on another thread, the first Klipschorns were rolling out of Hope before Steve Wozniak of Apple fame was even born. There was no such thing as CAD. T/S parameters didn't exist. No studies had been performed at the NRC. The fact that the man could design a loudspeaker under those conditions that is still relevant today is an astonishing feat.

Another price range than where you are but imagine a 5.2 system with 4 Klipschorns, La Scala II center and ...... Wait a minute, I don't think you need any subs if you have 4 klipschorns.... :eek:
How is a sub even getting close to follow the efficiency of the Klipschhorns ???????

Efficiency is 105 dB 1W/1M, and then you have a 15" woofer in each speaker...

I don't think you can talk about any kind of dynamic compression around here :p
Well you'd still want a sub; the Klipschorn will roll off pretty quickly below about 30Hz. Also, there are horn loaded subs, ie Danleys, JTR Orbit Shifters, THTs, etc. Of course, I'd also note that I'd probably be willing to give up 5.2 for 2.2, which makes affordability less of an issue. As such, a pair of La Scalas (no corners for Khorns) or P-17Bs is still very much on the table for me (some day) :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Indeed; as I pointed out on another thread, the first Klipschorns were rolling out of Hope before Steve Wozniak of Apple fame was even born. There was no such thing as CAD. T/S parameters didn't exist. No studies had been performed at the NRC. The fact that the man could design a loudspeaker under those conditions that is still relevant today is an astonishing feat.
The work of Paul Klipsch is very underrated I think, he wrote a bunchload of papers and there is so much to learn from this, still.... his work shows this, so I'm trying to get hold of many of the whitepapers he wrote :D

Well you'd still want a sub; the Klipschorn will roll off pretty quickly below about 30Hz. Also, there are horn loaded subs, ie Danleys, JTR Orbit Shifters, THTs, etc. Of course, I'd also note that I'd probably be willing to give up 5.2 for 2.2, which makes affordability less of an issue. As such, a pair of La Scalas (no corners for Khorns) or P-17Bs is still very much on the table for me (some day) :D
There are subwoofers that you can use that's even more than up to the speed and dynamics of the Klipschorns, look to the DanielHertz M2 subwoofers, they're passive, and with an 18" driver, and sensitivity is astonishing: 100dB/1W/1M

Well, cabinets is made by Petrov, that otherwise make grand pianos.....
This is out of my price range anyways......

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The work of Paul Klipsch is very underrated I think, he wrote a bunchload of papers and there is so much to learn from this, still.... his work shows this, so I'm trying to get hold of many of the whitepapers he wrote :D
I know a few of the guys have a bunch of the "Dope from Hope" stuff over at the Klipsch forums if you ask around. It makes for some interesting reading IMO.

There are subwoofers that you can use that's even more than up to the speed and dynamics of the Klipschorns, look to the DanielHertz M2 subwoofers, they're passive, and with an 18" driver, and sensitivity is astonishing: 100dB/1W/1M

Well, cabinets is made by Petrov, that otherwise make grand pianos.....
This is out of my price range anyways......
There's always Captivators and Submersives :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
There's a hope :)

Klipsch Signs New Distributing Partner for Norway
INDIANAPOLIS (Oct 11, 2012) — Klipsch, a leading global speaker manufacturer, today announces the addition of independent Norwegian distribution partner Mono AS. Effective today, Mono AS serves as an official distributor of the brand’s high-performance home theater speakers and subwoofers with a focus for impacting the country’s HiFi market.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet! The Klipsch empire expands its reach!
Klipsch has been around here for a long time, but perhaps they didn't have a powerful enough distributor, they're not as famous here as they could be .-)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
This is a big star:

VY Canis Majoris; a red hypergiant star in the Canis Major constellation, located about 5,000 light-years from Earth. University of Minnesota professor Roberta Humphreys recently calculated its upper size at more than 2,100 times the size of the Sun. Placed in our Solar System, its surface would extend out past the orbit of Saturn. Light takes more than 8 hours to cross its circumference!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Some of you guys sicken me. I'm away for two days, and now this thread is all about audio gear. WTF?!?

Hats off to all you fellas who tried to bring it back to innuendo and outright creepiness.

:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Some of you guys sicken me. I'm away for two days, and now this thread is all about audio gear. WTF?!?

Hats off to all you fellas who tried to bring it back to innuendo and outright creepiness.

:D
LOL......

It's one way to bring Adam back..... big stuff form the Universe :D

Adam is back so now this thread goes back to here it belongs, absolute empty discussions about complete nothingness....

George Constanza is Socrates compared to the discussions that will follow here now :p
Looking forward to what follows now :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
This is a big star:

VY Canis Majoris; a red hypergiant star in the Canis Major constellation, located about 5,000 light-years from Earth. University of Minnesota professor Roberta Humphreys recently calculated its upper size at more than 2,100 times the size of the Sun. Placed in our Solar System, its surface would extend out past the orbit of Saturn. Light takes more than 8 hours to cross its circumference!
If you look very very very very closely, you'll see me in the lower left corner.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What blows my mind are black holes. The most massive are measured in billions of solar masses and light had better not try to cross em :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis