Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If it's going to end anyway you might want to make a pass at her hot sister.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
47% of Unemployed Americans Have Completely Given Up Looking For A Job

The sample size is a little small at only 1500, but based on intuition alone I'd guess that they're probably not too far off a larger sample size. I know as part of the unemployed masses, I've got one leg in this boat. I'd also assume, I say again, assume that a fair number of those who have given up are those who were employed, got laid off and don't want to take a step or 10 back just to be employed. The same could probably be said for college students who don't wish to be under-employed after spending all that money on a fancy degree.

47% Unemployed Have “Completely Given Up†on the Job Hunt - TIME

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
47% of Unemployed Americans Have Completely Given Up Looking For A Job
Well...not quite. :) I know that's what the article title is saying, but the statistics don't really back that up. And, that doesn't really line up with the statement that 91% agreed that they were hopeful that they'd find a job they really want in six month.

That article reminded me of this. Not a cut against you, Fuzz...I just find it funny. :D

*WARNING: Adult Language*

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Not only have I given up on looking I was kind of hoping that they'd stop calling me back. I'm too busy for a job.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll have to watch the video after school because youtube is blocked here.

I was thinking today, if AH gets a lot of money from ad dollars, but many people use adblockplus, then how does this work?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Now you can rent one of Ronaldinho's home for Soccer World Cup in Brazil this summer.... at $15,500 / night :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I was thinking today, if AH gets a lot of money from ad dollars, but many people use adblockplus, then how does this work?
I don't know that ad blockers have really changed the face of online advertising. People who use AdBlock+ are generally people that would ignore banner ads anyway. Of course, I think its fair to say that banner ads aren't exactly the main value in advertising here. I would think the exposure generated by a review, as well as the third party confirmation that a given product actually functions properly / performs well, are of far greater benefit.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
As others have already stated talking is the best way to sort through the rough time. But also letting each other know you're there for one another also helps. Gifts help even a shoulder rub from time to time,
The up keep on a relationship is a pain in the *** I've been in you're situation a couple of times if it wasnt for the members on the fourm I'd be single for sure.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Who the hell are you and what have you done with Bryce!?

:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've seen that Bill Burr standup before and he's hilarious. I don't disagree with what he's saying either :D

Funny you should post that. I just saw that on despair.com the other day and knew about 150+ teachers who would love to have it, including myself :p :D

Well...not quite. :) I know that's what the article title is saying, but the statistics don't really back that up. And, that doesn't really line up with the statement that 91% agreed that they were hopeful that they'd find a job they really want in six month.

That article reminded me of this. Not a cut against you, Fuzz...I just find it funny. :D

*WARNING: Adult Language*
For Fuzz:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know that ad blockers have really changed the face of online advertising. People who use AdBlock+ are generally people that would ignore banner ads anyway. Of course, I think its fair to say that banner ads aren't exactly the main value in advertising here. I would think the exposure generated by a re-view, as well as the third party confirmation that a given product actually functions properly / performs well, are of far greater benefit.
I'm sure you're right, since I know I was lured here by the information and the reviews and not the banner ads. I just can't get over how in your face they are whenever I log onto a computer at the school, but that's probably just because I'm not used to seeing them at all since I have adblock installed. Then again, as soon as I see them I immediately install adblock plus on whatever I'm using ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just can't get over how in your face they are whenever I log onto a computer at the school...
Same goes with me on my iPad. Here's an idea - if you want to sell memberships, make one of the perks to be that ads are disabled (by member's choice) by account. So, no matter what computer you log on to, they aren't there if you don't want them to be.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Same goes with me on my iPad. Here's an idea - if you want to sell memberships, make one of the perks to be that ads are disabled (by member's choice) by account. So, no matter what computer you log on to, they aren't there if you don't want them to be.
Now that I'd be on board for. I'm not sure if Safari has it, but I know on my android stuff I can install adblockplus on it and it even blocks the ads on tapatalk which is cool.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Wouldn't be a bad idea to post that in the site suggestions/feedback section to see how much traction it gets. I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement, but at least Gene might be able to address it one way or the other if a bunch of the regulars throw their weight behind the idea.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wouldn't be a bad idea to post that in the site suggestions/feedback section to see how much traction it gets.
I threw it out here for a reason...I'll let you fight that battle. :D

Then again, it would get me one post closer to 30k. Hmmm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis