Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, sorry that pillow didn't work out. The memory foam one that I have is in the shape of a regular pillow, but it's thicker than my other pillow. I use it sometimes and my normal one other times. Specifically - the memory foam one is thicker, so I use it when I sleep on the floor, versus using the thinner pillow when I sleep in the chair where my head is already elevated by the arm rests. Gotta say, growing up, that sleeping habit never occurred to me... :eek: :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You can sleep when you're dead. Who wants to spend 1/3 of their life willingly comatose? :p :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I mentioned last week that Moen sent me a whole new faucet to replace one that arrived damaged. Again, I'll say how impressed I am by that! Amazing customer service, as they even sent it overnight.

The replacement, unfortunately, also showed up damaged. I noticed that the plastic spout was damaged immediately upon opening the box as (just like the original) it has come out of the protective wrap and was moving around in the box with the metal undersink mounting plate. Also, the main body on this one has a surface defect that (IMO) was clearly present upon placing it in the box. I just got done contacting them. I told them (and meant it) that I don't expect them to send me another one. After all, I got it for free. However, I did want them to know of the issues to help them try to avoid them in the future. For a free faucet, I was disappointed. Had I paid the $400+ that Amazon is asking for it - I'd be p***ed...and I don't want them to run into that with a bunch of customers, as I like their company.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Ego, pride, selfishness, dishonesty, and lack of communication. And hormones, sometimes. But you're never allowed to address that one directly. Oh, and self-conscious paranoia is a big one.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I know I'm the one with the issue right now. The problem is, I don't know how to get past it. Poor communication on both sides has let it persist longer than it should have. Not to the point where things can't be fixed, but I don't know what to do at this point as it is recurring and that's where my issue seems to be.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know I'm the one with the issue right now. The problem is, I don't know how to get past it. Poor communication on both sides has let it persist longer than it should have. Not to the point where things can't be fixed, but I don't know what to do at this point as it is recurring and that's where my issue seems to be.
I have faith that you two will work it out. My advice: just let Rick know how you feel.

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, John - of course I'm just kidding. I do hope it all works out, whichever relationship you're talking about.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Five hours later, and no response from Moen. The string of two-hour responses has been broken.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if anyone has signed up for the e-books and members-only forum. I wonder that because there are zero posts or threads in the e-books section. You'd think that Gene would put something in there to at least make people curious. :)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I wonder if anyone has signed up for the e-books and members-only forum. I wonder that because there are zero posts or threads in the e-books section. You'd think that Gene would put something in there to at least make people curious. :)
You'll have to sign up to find out :p Who knows, there might be a few swimsuit models in there who desperately need advice from a seasoned Audioholic like yourself :D

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
An earnest apology is good to start. A bunch of flowers and chocolate never hurts. And let your s.o. know how important she is to you. Remember that you can't change her, only yourself. Don't demand or expect anything from her. But you can hope that, if you are as important to her as she is to you, she will want to improve herself for you without your suggestion. Beyond that, flirt. Send her random texts once or twice a day while you're at work and tell her you hope she's having a good day. Take her on a date. The hardest, most awkward step will be the first one, openly acknowledging things are weird and discussing it. We men aren't really built for that sort of sharing of feelings. But chicks dig that stuff. Resolve to do it, no matter how uncomfortable it is. Most of all, remind her how important she is to you.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Other random tips:

Hire a house keeper.

Do the dishes from time to time.

Never question each other's internet purchases.

Buy her random presents for no reason. Cost doesn't matter, as long as she knows you were thinking of her. Chicks dig presents, no matter how cheap.

Wash her car.

Burn her a mixtape cd. Not teenage sap though. Burn her booty shaking thug rap if that's what she likes.

Offer to hang out with her family.

Paint her toenails for her.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We're well into the discussion phase, but not getting to the "so what do we do" phase, and I'm the one hung up on what do *I* do, not her. I don't want to leave her in limbo like that either, because it will get to her and that's not fair. We were given much the same advise previously and it worked for years, but here we are again. I realize there's work involved because nothing it "maintenance" free. I just sort of got frustrated at the fact that the difficulties are the same. It follows the same pattern and neither of us recognize it until well past the point of where those little adjustments should have been made. You sort of start to ignore the little things that bother in the interest of not stirring the pot, but the pot eventually fills up and even the little things seem like big ones. Then they all come out at once.

Her family is 3/4 of the way across the country. I hung out with a house full of her friends last week that I basically don't know and she thanked me for that. I wash and maintain her car all the time; cars are my job LOL. Dishes I could be better on, but I do 95% of the cooking so the dishes weren't the "agreement", though I could do that too to mix it up. I'm actually pretty good about the random presents thing, just not lately. She's a barefooter and kind of a tomboy and doesn't really do her nails lol. I get where you're going with all that though and its appreciated.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Here's where I'm confused as a single guy. I thought buying Haagen-Dazs fixed everything. Well, for at least a minute or two...

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Probably cheapest and one of most effective tips:
Try to listen what she says
+1 on chicks love surprises - no matter how cheap. Wifey loved $20 bear toy I surprised her with more than expected $1000 diamond ring
Not sure about toe-nails and mixtapes - but shoulder rubs and in general any physical contacts are highly suggested

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
As others have already stated talking is the best way to sort through the rough time. But also letting each other know you're there for one another also helps. Gifts help even a shoulder rub from time to time,
The up keep on a relationship is a pain in the *** I've been in you're situation a couple of times if it wasnt for the members on the fourm I'd be single for sure.

Sent from my iPhone 5

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
With all due respect to Gene...

I'd rather spend my time and money reading: Master handbook of acoustics, Sound Reproduction by Floyd E Toole and Mastering Audio, by Bob Katz....
You can go to some of the linkedin groups where you can meet: Tim de Paravicini, Jim Salk, John Curl, Mark Levinson, possibly even Floyd Toole, and also many self proclaimed experts. Chances are there that you may get into first hand dialog with industry veterans that spent 30+ years building hi-end equipment.....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis