Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Who do you think you are - Niki?

:D
I love it when my weight goals are to gain weight. Even better is that I gained 8-10lbs, but look better than at 180. All that gym time is paying off. Now I just need to keep myself healthy aka not hurt :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good to see the conversations are still sparkling
Let's see if I can keep it rolling.

I woke up this morning to a two-minute warning from my body that it was about to lose containment at one or more orifices. It wasn't exaggerating.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This Kickstarter project for flashlights has been a bit of a disappointment, to say the least. I backed them because I wanted to support a local company, and I'm not impressed at all in how they've handled this. Several months late, severely lacking communication with backers (especially considering the delays)...just a poorly run project.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's the one where you did the highest level with the company tour and everything, right? That stinks, seemed like pretty cool flashlights. So far, knock on wood, all the projects I've backed have been good about delivering on time and with an excellent project. Is there anything you can do about it, or is the money just in the wind if they can't get their act together?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's the one where you did the highest level with the company tour and everything, right? That stinks, seemed like pretty cool flashlights. So far, knock on wood, all the projects I've backed have been good about delivering on time and with an excellent project. Is there anything you can do about it, or is the money just in the wind if they can't get their act together?
I'm sure that there's stuff that I can do. I could just do down there because they are in town, but I don't think they've even started the titanium versions, yet. I want the stuff, so I'll give it some time, but they haven't handled the project well.

At least I have some hope of getting the stuff...unlike those vegan cookies. Darn drunken Kickstarter surfing. :eek: :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure that there's stuff that I can do. I could just do down there because they are in town, but I don't think they've even started the titanium versions, yet. I want the stuff, so I'll give it some time, but they haven't handled the project well.

At least I have some hope of getting the stuff...unlike those vegan cookies. Darn drunken Kickstarter surfing. :eek: :D
Well, at least they're in town. Maybe you can guilt them into a couple free lunches and tours :p

Vegan cookies? From kickstarter? Yikes :eek:

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Made a 2 day trip to attend a family function in NYC.

1) Hotel put a fake charge on my card (double room service bill)
2) Car rental service put a fake charge on my card (charge for not topping up tank, even though I did)
3) Airline put a fake charge on my card (in flight service charge applied when I checked my bag)

I was pleasant and courteous to all people in the three aforementioned situations. No reason they would have done this out of a desire to spite me.

Not a big deal to get all three charges reversed, just aggravation and time.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Made a 2 day trip to attend a family function in NYC.

1) Hotel put a fake charge on my card (double room service bill)
2) Car rental service put a fake charge on my card (charge for not topping up tank, even though I did)
3) Airline put a fake charge on my card (in flight service charge applied when I checked my bag)

I was pleasant and courteous to all people in the three aforementioned situations. No reason they would have done this out of a desire to spite me.

Not a big deal to get all three charges reversed, just aggravation and time.
As an official representative of NYC please accept my humble apologies for your inconvenience.
Here's a free comic strip which I hope will make you feel better about your experience

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
As an official representative of NYC please accept my humble apologies for your inconvenience.
Here's a free comic strip which I hope will make you feel better about your experience
Dude, you rock! I hope next time I'm there for longer and can buy you a beer for this post.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Feels too quiet these days. Alex is MIA, Rick & Doug haven't been posting much lately, even Bryce is leaving us...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You'd forgive me if I wont shed a tear over Bryce leaving...
On the more serious and important note - it's almost Friday (and I hope it would a short day)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Found a tick on Niki this afternoon after getting back from the park. Eeeee. I'm not a fan. Luckily, it hadn't attached, yet. I didn't want to kill it and thought about putting it outside, but I'm not a good enough person to release a parasite.
Yes, tick season has officially started out here in the woods. I really hate that tick and flea stuff, but it definitely helps. We need some guinea hens to keep the tick population under control. Plus they're funny.

Lyme-carrying ticks have spread up here over the last several years and are now in my area. :mad: Makes me paranoid about walking through the woods now...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I've been so busy the last few weeks, that I haven't had time to stop by. Anything new going on?

One of the things keeping me busy has been my wife's laptop. My daughter knocked it on the floor one too many times and one of the hinges and the screen bezel & cover broke. It's about 4 years old and not worth the expense to repair. So, I just bought her a new one. The hard drive in the old computer is still fine, so I picked up an external hard drive enclosure and installed the old hard drive in it. I was quite proud of my new-found geek skills, as the new laptop recognized the hard drive when I plugged it in. However, I couldn't open any of the folders on it. I think it has something to do with administrative access. I guess it's a case of one computer trying to access the hard drive of another computer. The folders on it were renamed with lengthy combinations of letters & numbers that I didn't recognize.

Anyway, we backed up all of the files & folders on a separate external hard drive, so I'm not concerned about losing data. Should I just reformat the old hard drive? It's 500GB, so I'd like to have that capacity available. If I reformat, I won't render it unusable, will I?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My plan: hit the bar, go visiting Dennis, see the Salk Exoticas, go back to the bar, see AJ, go back to the bar..etc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis