Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I neither need, nor really even want, a pair of NHT 2.5i speakers. That said, I'm thinking about buying one. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You've nearly pulled the trigger on those before. While I would be much more excited if you bought that over the faucet or some body wax kit. I know in reality it will not happen.:eek::D;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You've nearly pulled the trigger on those before. While I would be much more excited if you bought that over the faucet or some body wax kit. I know in reality it will not happen.:eek::D;)
You're memory must be better than mine...but that's a low bar to hurdle these days. :) I've wanted a pair of 2.9's for a long time, and maybe that's what you're thinking of. The 2.5i's are the tower version of my 1.5's, so it would essentially just relieve the need for one set of stands as I use my subs for bass anyway. The more that I think about it, the more my interest is waning. I wouldn't want to put them as my front speakers because one of them would block the SB13-Ultra, which I realized as I was typing this out.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You're memory must be better than mine...but that's a low bar to hurdle these days. :) I've wanted a pair of 2.9's for a long time, and maybe that's what you're thinking of. The 2.5i's are the tower version of my 1.5's, so it would essentially just relieve the need for one set of stands as I use my subs for bass anyway. The more that I think about it, the more my interest is waning. I wouldn't want to put them as my front speakers because one of them would block the SB13-Ultra, which I realized as I was typing this out.
Ahh ok. Maybe that was the model. I thought I remember a while back you were emailing back and forth with someone about a pair of NHT towers. Search results offered no help.

These look nice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHT-2-5i-Floorstanding-Speakers-/231193410969?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item35d4337d99

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahh ok. Maybe that was the model. I thought I remember a while back you were emailing back and forth with someone about a pair of NHT towers. Search results offered no help.
Man, you do have a good memory! Yep, that was for a pair of 2.9s out of Vegas, I believe. A guy had a pair in excellent shape for something like $650 or maybe $800, but local pickup only. That was a steal for whoever got them.

I saw those, but I was looking at a different pair this morning. Checking eBay for 2.9's brought up some 2.5i's, which is what got me thinking about it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After a trip to Home Depot, the yard is now reseeded for summer. Scotts top soil quality wasn't very good this time, as there were a number of large sticks in each bag. Stuff wasn't decomposed very well. Hopefully the grass grows well, though.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
After a trip to Home Depot, the yard is now reseeded for summer. Scotts top soil quality wasn't very good this time, as there were a number of large sticks in each bag. Stuff wasn't decomposed very well. Hopefully the grass grows well, though.

Feed it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
No fair - Craig edited his post. :D Before, it just had a picture of a dude's face with the caption "Feed it!"

On an unrelated note, it's 98 degrees here. Yikes. It was actually pleasant the past week...but this is a little warm.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One of the four perches on my bird feeder came unscrewed. For the life of me, I can't find it. Looking for it, though, did help me realize just how deep the seed shells are getting out there. I'll probably look again tomorrow.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Found a tick on Niki this afternoon after getting back from the park. Eeeee. I'm not a fan. Luckily, it hadn't attached, yet. I didn't want to kill it and thought about putting it outside, but I'm not a good enough person to release a parasite.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, tick season has officially started out here in the woods. I really hate that tick and flea stuff, but it definitely helps. We need some guinea hens to keep the tick population under control. Plus they're funny.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We need some guinea hens to keep the tick population under control.
I'm not sure if I'd ever heard of those before. Cool. I probably won't get a flock for my backyard :D, but I like the idea. I think that Niki picked up the tick at the park, so they wouldn't help with that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure if I'd ever heard of those before. Cool. I probably won't get a flock for my backyard :D, but I like the idea. I think that Niki picked up the tick at the park, so they wouldn't help with that.
They're fairly large, about the size of a big chicken, but a bit uglier. They're funny because if you feed them and/or raise them from a chick they bond to you and follow you around like a dog. They even recognize your car and will come running when they see you pull in.

In other news, changed my oil today using this contraption. Worked pretty well, although takes a bit longer than simply unscrewing the plug, but it's worth it for less mess and struggle. On the downside, I spilled a bit of oil when refilling so now my car smokes when I turn it on. Hopefully it's just the manifold and the oil burning up a little.

Then came in and had this. 6 eggs and about 1/3lb of ham. Did I mention my weight is up from 180 to 190? :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis