Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Fair enough. :D A huge source of heat in my garage in the summer is the residue heat from my car after I park it in there...hot frame from being out in the sun and hot air, and a hot engine.

I don't have one (that I know of), but have you considered a vent fan for your garage? You could install one with a thermal switch just like the ones they make for attics.
That's probably a good idea. It sounds like a lot more work than sticking a bunch of shiny foam to my garage door though :D Definitely something to keep in mind for the future. I'd also like to install a radiant barrier in my attic but there's not much room to work with up there.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If you've got a smartphone in your pocket, chances are you've got a digital assistant in there too (or you will very soon). For all her smarts, though, Siri can't help much when you hunker down in front of a UNIX shell, so former Google engineer Jeff Pickhardt set out to make the sort of digital assistant that could. "Her" name is Betty and (sadly) you can't verbally rattle off your Unix commands at her. No, she's all text-based, and more of an assistant than a transcriber anyway -- her raison d'etre is all about dutifully converting your typed whims from plain ol' English to the proper (and often arcane) command line syntax.

Betty helps you conquer the console by translating English to Unix commands

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I saw an interesting vacation place in an ad, I got a bit suspicious when I saw no prices advertized, but I sent them a request, and this is what I got back.....

Thank you very much for your email and interest in Necker Island. Hope you are well and had a good weekend?

Necker Island is in the beautiful British Virgin Islands and a stunning location for an idyllic holiday or getaway with 15 stunning rooms in total. There are 8 rooms in the Great House along with the amazing Master Suite which is on the first floor and also 6 Bali Houses situated in two separate locations. The island is mostly sold throughout the year for exclusive use basis for a minimum of 5 nights and the rates includes all meals, all drinks including champagne, water sports, island activities and return transfers from Tortola/Beef Island. Tortola is the nearest international airport to Necker Island (sadly we cannot book flights) and the boat transfer over to Necker Island takes 25 minutes. The rate for exclusive use in 2014 is from $62,000.00 + 2.5% BVI service charge per night for 30 guests in 15 rooms and for 2015 the nightly rate is $65,000 + service charge.

We also have a couple of weeks a year called Celebration Weeks where you can share the island with other guests and the rate for these start from $27,475.00.00 + 2.5% BVI service charge for 2 guests for 7 nights.

$65k per night is a bargain, and service charge is extra... and of course, we can bring 28 friends for free :p
Actually, service charge is $1600 per night.....

Safe to say it's not for us :D

Last edited by a moderator:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
My dad is not doing well. Lost my job for taking too much time off to care for him. He's in the hospital.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My dad is not doing well. Lost my job for taking too much time off to care for him. He's in the hospital.
Oh, man. I'm sorry to see that. :( I sure hope he gets better! I know how happy you were to get that job, too.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw an interesting vacation place in an ad, I got a bit suspicious when I saw no prices advertized, but I sent them a request, and this is what I got back.....

Thank you very much for your email and interest in Necker Island. Hope you are well and had a good weekend?

Necker Island is in the beautiful British Virgin Islands and a stunning location for an idyllic holiday or getaway with 15 stunning rooms in total. There are 8 rooms in the Great House along with the amazing Master Suite which is on the first floor and also 6 Bali Houses situated in two separate locations. The island is mostly sold throughout the year for exclusive use basis for a minimum of 5 nights and the rates includes all meals, all drinks including champagne, water sports, island activities and return transfers from Tortola/Beef Island. Tortola is the nearest international airport to Necker Island (sadly we cannot book flights) and the boat transfer over to Necker Island takes 25 minutes. The rate for exclusive use in 2014 is from $62,000.00 + 2.5% BVI service charge per night for 30 guests in 15 rooms and for 2015 the nightly rate is $65,000 + service charge.

We also have a couple of weeks a year called Celebration Weeks where you can share the island with other guests and the rate for these start from $27,475.00.00 + 2.5% BVI service charge for 2 guests for 7 nights.

$65k per night is a bargain, and service charge is extra... and of course, we can bring 28 friends for free :p

Here's what I have found - http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/general-av-discussions/86935-what-new-stuff-have-you-bought-if-you-care-share-thead-23.html#post1031693

PM me if you're interested in details :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

You can take a cruise of the entire south pacific for much less.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That sucks. I hope he gets better and I'm sorry your job was not very understanding of your situation :(

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Received my second red chicklet ever! And I wasn't even being that bad! LOL!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Received my second red chicklet ever! And I wasn't even being that bad! LOL!
Life is not fair, but from another point of view, there's worse things in life than getting a chicklet from a forum troll :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is what I) call a nice HT room :D

Source Endadget:
As much as we love Star Trek, we've never thought about modeling our home after the USS Enterprise. But then, we've never had $35 million in our back pocket, so what do we know? A mansion in Boca Raton has gone on sale for that eye-watering figure, boasting a bar and cinema based on the NCC 1701-D bridge, complete with security desk and pastel brown seats. The property is being sold by businessman Marc Bell, who decked the property out with a Star Wars-themed lounge and a Call of Duty-inspired games room. When you're done geeking out, of course, you can relax in the well-appointed gym, full-sized basketball court, or just relax with the home's 1,500-bottle strong wine cellar. Don't worry, we'll bring the corkscrew.

[Image credit: Andy Frame]

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The screen is way to small...
I was thinking the same thing. Plus, as much as I love these theater builds where everything is clean and seamless, I can't help but think that if I spent $35 million, I'd want to see the speakers in all their glory. The only part you wouldn't be able to see is the subwoofer because I'd definitely have a rotary sub.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Almost got a Sony blu-ray player from Vine yesterday, but I was milliseconds too slow. I would have liked to see if they fixed the issue with playing DTS-HD MKV files, but oh well. In the aftermath of that disappointment, I broke down and...like a moth to a flame...I picked another *smacks forehead* kitchen faucet. :eek: :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Almost got a Sony blu-ray player from Vine yesterday, but I was milliseconds too slow. I would have liked to see if they fixed the issue with playing DTS-HD MKV files, but oh well. In the aftermath of that disappointment, I broke down and...like a moth to a flame...I picked another *smacks forehead* kitchen faucet. :eek: :D
You need to branch out. Maybe try some bathroom faucets :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I was just reading that ~6 rotary subwoofers could very nearly recreate Niagara Falls and a rocket launch. My interest has been piqued :D:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis