Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Still snowing in Cape May, we are measuring over ten inches of snow so far and this thing has stalled out and just keeps snowing, flakes the size of nickels :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Still snowing in Cape May, we are measuring over ten inches of snow so far and this thing has stalled out and just keeps snowing, flakes the size of nickels :eek:
We've been pretty fortunate in that we haven't had any snowfall for the past 2-3 weeks. And, with a few mild and rainy days during that period, almost all of the snow is gone.:) Overall though, it has been one colllddddd winter.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just got off the phone with my second screening interview. I think it went pretty well, well enough to get invited down to meet with some principals. I was told they hire about 20-30 new teachers every year down there so hopefully they need a lot of math teachers next year. The best (or worst) part is that they let people know by about the end of May if they have a job or not.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We didn't get around to playing the game, but I opened them up and read the instructions. LOL. Someone has too much time on their hands.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just got off the phone with my second screening interview. I think it went pretty well, well enough to get invited down to meet with some principals.
Congrats! Now you just have to decide - how eager or hard to get are you going to play it when they bring out the paddle.

I was told they hire about 20-30 new teachers every year down there so hopefully they need a lot of math teachers next year.
How big of a district is it? You mentioned principals (plural). Hopefully there's a number of schools. As a math teacher, you've probably figured out that they only need to hire that many if they either lose or fire that many every year. Well, or their population/funding is increasing.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats! Now you just have to decide - how eager or hard to get are you going to play it when they bring out the paddle.

How big of a district is it? You mentioned principals (plural). Hopefully there's a number of schools. As a math teacher, you've probably figured out that they only need to hire that many if they either lose or fire that many every year. Well, or their population/funding is increasing.
Well you know how it goes. If there's more than one paddle, then you gotta play it hard to get. If there's only one paddle, then you gotta hop in there before somebody else steals it.

There's 10 high schools and 9 middle schools and I know there are at least a few other people making trips there over their spring breaks to try and land some jobs. Plus anybody within the state that's vying for a position. The lady I spoke with, who is head of the math department was playing it close to the vest about how many of those positions might be math for the upcoming year. The good part (or bad part) is that I'll know by the end of May whether I've got a job or not with them. Unlike NY where I could find out as late as September assuming I make it through the 350 other applications and staff recommendations for one or two open positions.

All I know is that if I don't have a job for next year I'll probably end up doing something else besides subbing since I'm all subbed out. Plus my insurance runs out in September so I gotta get something soon.

On a brighter note my other sub driver is en route and I'm about to put a deposit in on a new toy. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahhh, so not much turnover per school, then.

Best wishes, man. It can be a trip trying to find out what you want to do in life. That would be a big step, wouldn't it - moving away from family? Is your GF on board with moving states?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ahhh, so not much turnover per school, then.

Best wishes, man. It can be a trip trying to find out what you want to do in life. That would be a big step, wouldn't it - moving away from family? Is your GF on board with moving states?
Thanks and yea that's what it's looking like. I'm thinking about applying to another county, but if she has to fill out another application she might freak because we've filled out well over 100 this past year.

Yea, it would be interesting. Especially since my Mom's a teacher, my Dad owns a local business and heck, we live on a road named after our family. So moving would definitely be a new experience where nobody knows me. She's in, if for no other reason than we're both 25 now and don't want to hit 30 before we get a real job. Most people talk about working until social security to get extra money. At this rate we'll be working to that age just because we won't be eligible. :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Btw, Fuzz, do you ever sleep? :eek: It's about 1:15am there, right?
Not really :D During high school I probably slept about 2 hours per night Mon-Fri. College was worse because I didn't have a regular sleep schedule....at all. My GF thinks I have insomnia. I just claim there are too many interesting things I'd be missing out on if I was sleeping.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
During high school I probably slept about 2 hours per night Mon-Fri. College was worse because I didn't have a regular sleep schedule....at all.
Holy $*&#, dude! I couldn't survive like that. I don't remember what I got in college, but it wasn't too horrible. I always set it up so that I didn't have any classes before 9am. I'd normally workout around 10pm to midnight my first couple of years, so maybe seven hours a night. That's around what I get nowadays, too.

I can't imagine being awake 22 hours a day. :eek: I can't afford that much alcohol. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Holy $*&#, dude! I couldn't survive like that. I don't remember what I got in college, but it wasn't too horrible. I always set it up so that I didn't have any classes before 9am. I'd normally workout around 10pm to midnight my first couple of years, so maybe seven hours a night. That's around what I get nowadays, too.

I can't imagine being awake 22 hours a day. :eek: I can't afford that much alcohol. :D
I don't even mean to he up that late. It just sort if happens. I start if planning on going to bed then I start looking at speakers and amps or I start tinkering with something and the next thing you know its 1:36am :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On a different topic...the Trader Joe's by me got their dog mint bones back in stock! Utterly irrelevant to everyone else, I know :), but Niki's been out of them for almost exactly a month now (and she normally gets one a day). We ate dinner (ham and turkey), then I put out her regular food. She was eating it, then she heard me grab a pack, and her ears perked up and she just stared at me. I walked out with one in my pocket, and even though her dinner wasn't finished, she came right over. She was pretty darn happy to get one again.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished breakfast. Time to get ready and take Niki out for a walk.

Completely unexciting, so it belongs here...my video review of a set of Wahl hair clippers that I submitted on Sunday got posted last night. Btw, if any of you clipper cut hair (perhaps your own, as I do), I totally recommend the Oster clippers that I show in that video.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Completely unexciting, so it belongs here...my video review of a set of Wahl hair clippers that I submitted on Sunday got posted last night. Btw, if any of you clipper cut hair (perhaps your own, as I do), I totally recommend the Oster clippers that I show in that video.
Already afternoon here, workday almost over :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

I love oster clippers. If them woman we take our dog to didn't do such a good job including the gland milking thing she does I'd consider getting a pair of clippers for the dog.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis