Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I've found another pair of NHT 2.9s for sale online, but they are for local pickup like the last pair. They seem to be in great shape except for one of the foam diffraction strips. NHT is looking into if they have any of the shipping boxes left for me.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I'm taking today off myself, and I got speaker stands for my "new" NHT 1.5s (my third pair) yesterday, and I just might get them set up to try 7.1 in my system.
That sounds better than my powerpoint slide showing how my department would look if we were muppets. I got to be Fozzy Bear. Fridays...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Papa John's apparently jacked up their prices recently (a large went from $12 to $15), and no coupon codes are working for me. So, Dominos it is...since I'd already talked myself into pizza. Should be here soon. :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Papa John's apparently jacked up their prices recently (a large went from $12 to $15), and no coupon codes are working for me. So, Dominos it is...since I'd already talked myself into pizza. Should be here soon. :)
I'm pretty sure all food prices are up the drought is pretty bad in our main food areas.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm pretty sure all food prices are up the drought is pretty bad in our main food areas.
Yeah, the drought isn't going to make things any better.

Luckily, Domino's brought back their $5.99 (when you buy two) medium, two-topping pizzas. They were delicious. I shouldn't have eaten six slices (I think it was six...maybe it was seven), but for some reason, I wasn't getting full (and no...it's not because I was eating really fast :p). I'm full now, though. Good golly, I'm full.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ugggg. My friend's wife posted pictures of a 3D sonogram on Facebook. I almost lost my lunch. The face is freaky.

I wonder if I should start showing 3D sonograms. "See, look...you can make out the crust over there. No, no...not that. Right there. See?"

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I shouldn't have eaten six slices (I think it was six...maybe it was seven), but for some reason, I wasn't getting full (and no...it's not because I was eating really fast :p). I'm full now, though. Good golly, I'm full.
Yikes. I ate about six hours ago, and I'm still uncomfortably full.

Ahhh, the joys of having a day off. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Abridged version of a conversation I had on AVS

Me: Audyssey is great, but has its limitations. I think I want to try something so I can do RC myself.

Guy 1: AUDYSSEY IS GREAT I DO THIS AND THIS AND TURN OFF THIS AND THIS AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: I really think that if you do RC yourself with something like mini-dsp + REW or something else you might be able to do better. I'd at least like to try. Also just turning off settings blah blah and blah isn't somehow magically making audyssey perfect.

Guy 2: THEN WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING OH GREAT ONE. IF WHAT I AM DOING AND TURNING OFF THESE SETTINGS ISN'T MAKING THINGS PERFECT THEN WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING IN YOUR OPINION???!!!?!?!/

Guy 1: DITTO PLUS ANYTHING THAT IS SO CALLED BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE IS HIGHLY HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A FREQUENCY RESPONSE GRAPH IS OR WHAT AUDYSSEY ACTUALLY DOES.

Me: I give up.

and these are two guys who don't even know how to read the manual of the receiver I've been helping them use. Just can't win with some people :rolleyes::D At least I got told I know what I'm doing.....even if it was sarcastically :cool:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, people are sarcastic with me all of the time.

"Adam, you're a douche."

People are so funny.

:D
Gotta love subtlety :D

I'll never understand how people in one breathe can ask for help and then two seconds later tell the person who just helped them that they're wrong.

How do I work audyssey?

No no, what you're saying about audyssey is wrong. Doing RC yourself is stupid.

It's like trying to teach adolescents. Oh wait.....I do that too. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment :D

PS Adam you're a douche :p

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, people are sarcastic with me all of the time.

"Adam, you're a douche."

People are so funny.

Well Adan you too could have been a true douche if you really wanted I mean why not live up to the hype, join us over at the D-Bags Fantasy Lover err I mean Football League , we play twister at halftime, what more can guys want.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's what she said....

You reminded me of an exchange on FB that I saw from a high school friend:

Girl: "Laughing so hard and long that my cheeks hurt!!!"

Guy's response: "Repeat without the word 'laughing' and add 'That's what she said!' to the end."

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis