Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How high of a bar is that? :) I can't remember what war movies have come out since then.
Black Hawk Down was a pretty good one. I thought both were well done. A few marine buddies of mine won't stop talking about this book/movie and my best friends Dad is an ex seal so I'm pretty interested to see how this tracks the book since that got me a little misty a few times.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm glad that I asked - my memory sucks. :eek: :D There have probably been a lot of good war movies out since then.

I really like Black Hawk Down. Outstanding movie. I saw it once, then bought it and watched it over and over for about a week. I haven seen Zero Dark Thirty, yet.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't know it was possible to drive this fast, I'm getting dizzy just by watching thin on the TV
From what I heard, the most powerful of the cars Senna driva was the turborcharged Mc Laren Honda MP4 monster with 1200 horsepower ..... geeeeezzzzzz

I heard today on a video about Senna that once he won the pole position in Monaco, with a margin of 1.5 second to the next.... Alain Prost, again ..... geeeeezzzzzz

Everyone else is fighting about hundredths of a second, or tenths of a second, and Senna blows them all away with 1,5 second margin, how is this even possible to comprehend......

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Should've asked for staples it would have looked more bada$$ :p Or just super glued yourself back together like a real man :D

Hope you're alright ya big poop hurling primate.
They covered the glue as an option but they figured I might wack it at work. :rolleyes: :D

Is that a boo boo or an ouchie?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
My brother called them Bo-Bose.

what no before pics?

C'mon Alex you know better than that...

I think I would have skipped the stitches just not to go to the hospital with this Flu BS going around...
This is healing better than anything I've had of comparable severity and I already had the flu. I'm going to have them remove the stitches too. Who knows? I might get more roach clips. :eek: :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The first time ever Ayrton Senna drove an F1 car was the Williams FW-08C at the Donnington park F1 track in England, he was driving the same car as Keke Rosberg drove to victory in Monaco the same year. So, after doing some rounds to mkake himself comfortable with the car..... he gout straight out and drove the car more than a second quicker than anyone managed to drive the car around this track..... drivinf an F1 car for the first time, wah :eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm glad that I asked - my memory sucks. :eek: :D There have probably been a lot of good war movies out since then.

I really like Black Hawk Down. Outstanding movie. I saw it once, then bought it and watched it over and over for about a week. I haven seen Zero Dark Thirty, yet.
I went to zero dark with low expectectations and ended up enjoying. IIRC they used some declassified intel which I found interesting. Lone survivor was good. Took a hard right turn from the book in the last half hour andglossed over seal training but overall it was well done. You could see Marcus's influence on the movie and how badly he wanted to convey how much those guys cared about each other and how tough the battle field decisions are.

Still, the book is worth a read if you want the whole story, which I easily think is more amazing and interesting than the movie. Could have easily have been a three hour movie, but I don't think Marcus would have wanted that anyways since it would have put more emphasis on him and taken it off of his team.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
so is the movie a go or wait for it to be on hbo?
I'd go and see it, but would also strongly encourage anybody who sees it to read the book as well. You don't get enough of a sense of what it takes to be a Seal, nor what the villagers truly did for Marcus in the movie, which are big parts of the story IMHO. One thing I'll give them a ton of credit for depicting really well (and they should have with Marcus Luttrell on set everyday) is the big battle scene. What those guys went through and what they managed to do shows why so few guys make it past Seal training.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After growing my hair out for a couple of months, I decided that it was time to go back to the 1/4" cut. Definitely more tidy.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So far I've loved everything about my phone and tablet. I've been as happy if not happier with it than the apple hardware except for possibly the aesthetic. The widget setup and the ability to customize things to my hearts content without voiding warranties had also been a pleasure.

However the Google play store and certain other Google related apps are so buggy and unreliable that I have half a mind to switch back to an iphone. The apple store gave me zero issues across multiple devices and a few years. It seems like I'm constantly dealing with play store app crashing or some or Google app crashing or freaking out, not to mention some apps that I really enjoyed that are apple only and one that has made another piece of hardware I use every day less convenient to use and for whatever reason the phone UI is better than the computer UI for this thing as well.

[/rant]

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
youtube is a funny place. Started off watching subwoofer videos which led to car videos which led to girls in cars videos which led to an actress of a very specific genre. It's like "6 degrees of..." except better. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
youtube is a funny place. Started off watching subwoofer videos which led to car videos which led to girls in cars videos which led to an actress of a very specific genre. It's like "6 degrees of..." except better. :D
haha agree, been there too

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis