Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Is it our fault they don't know their @$$holes from their elbows? :confused: :eek: :D

How come nobody wants to hand out some sort of award to drywallers? :rolleyes:

Usually they're very fit, well tanned ... smart ...
alright, smart might be a bit of a stretch but they're exceptionally well tanned ...
and often short. :p
ALEX, I agree... It's Your fault !!!!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with much of what you are saying, but my sarcastic side could not pass this up.
Don't they call what doctors do, "practice?" Don't they "practice" medicine?:eek: Maybe they could practice playing doctor.
Flame suit on.;)
Haha, can't argue with that :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I don't really care how much athletes get paid. I've never paid for a professional sports ticket and I've never bought any of their apparel. I suppose that some portion of my money goes to the sports teams when I buy common retail products that are advertised during games. However, I don't watch the games so I don't know which products have sports advertising budgets built into the price.
I'd like to quote "Per Inge Torkildsen" who's a famous comedian over here and well known anti-sports promoter:
"Give kids a bottle of beer before they're caught by professional sports!"

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
When 20000+ people a night pay to go to a single class over and over again and the networks will pay to televise it also, a teacher will command those kind of salaries. It's nothing more than supply and demand.
Far be it from me to tell people how to spend their time and money. Still, it's a sad commentary on our society.

I would bet far more people (at least in the US) know who Peyton Manning is and what he does than have a clue who Stephen Hawking is and what he does. I will also bet that far more people in my age bracket and younger would rather watch a Jersey Shore marathon than read a book by John Maynard Keynes...and if you want to get scary, just think: we can vote.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Far be it from me to tell people how to spend their time and money. Still, it's a sad commentary on our society.

I would bet far more people (at least in the US) know who Peyton Manning is and what he does than have a clue who Stephen Hawking is and what he does. I will also bet that far more people in my age bracket and younger would rather watch a Jersey Shore marathon than read a book by John Maynard Keynes...and if you want to get scary, just think: we can vote.
That means it's better chances for us that have read: A Brief History of Time :p

I still don't understand Stephen B. Hawking's explanation that time will go in reverse if the Universe should start contracting instead of expanding, and then we will suddenly remember tomorrow instead of yesterday

Forces of gravity will supposedly be reversed too, if I remember correctly, which means things will fall up instead of down :eek:
Then we will have to hold on very hard !

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I will also bet that far more people in my age bracket and younger would rather watch a Jersey Shore marathon than read a book by John Maynard Keynes...
I hate to say it...but I might prefer that, too. :eek: Then again, I've never seen Jersey Shore. I just don't feel like reading an economics book. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I hate to say it...but I might prefer that, too. :eek: Then again, I've never seen Jersey Shore. I just don't feel like reading an economics book. :D
I can honestly say I need a break from books. After all of the forced reading throughout college and the lack of time for pleasure reading, I'm ready to sit down in front of a TV and waste away. Conversely I could better myself and start going to the gym again.

Decisions decisions........

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I can honestly say I need a break from books. After all of the forced reading throughout college and the lack of time for pleasure reading, I'm ready to sit down in front of a TV and waste away. Conversely I could better myself and start going to the gym again.

Decisions decisions........
Find some good audio books :p
like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Handbook-Acoustics-Alton-Everest/dp/0071603328/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351003973&sr=8-1&keywords=master+handbook+of+acoustics

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Find some good audio books :p
Joking aside, I've become a big fan of those. I listen to them on my commute to/from work. Much better than listening to the morning shows on the radio here.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Adam - Are you going to update your signature? You should add your new sub and cross out the POS's.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Joking aside, I've become a big fan of those. I listen to them on my commute to/from work. Much better than listening to the morning shows on the radio here.
I was actually thinking of written books on the subject of audio, not "audio books" ..... LOL

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Funny you should mention audio books. I actually really like them for long rides. I blame my old man for that :)
I'm getting into more reading now and have been recommended old white papers by late Paul W. Klipsch and old Bell Labs papers from the thirties.... trying to get hold of this now.....

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I still don't understand Stephen B. Hawking's explanation that time will go in reverse if the Universe should start contracting instead of expanding, and then we will suddenly remember tomorrow instead of yesterday
It's hard for me to wrap my head around a lot of the theories in the field of astrophysics. Quite a lot of it simply isn't intuitive and makes little sense as compared with our day to day experiences. Trying to ask what happened before the Big Bang/what caused the Big Bang is one such instance. The most basic accepted answer (last I checked at least; there are of course numerous theories abound) is, there was no "time" before the Big Bang, and therefore no cause. This of course is a completely alien concept: everything in this world has a cause. If an apple falls off a tree, we understand that the force of gravity exceeded the strength of the stem to keep the apple aloft. Fun stuff to say the least.

Still, there are more accessible subjects. I've spent countless hours trying to educate myself in the sciences behind audio reproduction. I do actually enjoy reading about economics (certainly a subject I enjoyed in school) as well as law (loads of fascinating cases to read about). All of these IMO beat killing brain cells watching shows like Jersey Shore.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Funny you should mention audio books. I actually really like them for long rides.
Ditto. Aside from the selection at your local library, Cracker Barrels usually have them for rental as well (not too expensive either).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis