Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Silver lining, stomach lining...I'll be seeing at least one tonight.
Well you could always become a vegan.

Or be like me and be what I call a "semi-vegan". That's where you drink vanilla flavored soy milk because you happen to think it tastes 10x better than regular milk, but still eat a nice ribeye because well...they're tasty too.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
On that note, I've got to hit the hay.

In about 6 hours, I've got to down a Red Bull and try to run a mile or two. Yay.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No substitute teaching = 8 months of no sickness

6 days of subbing = instant cold/flu like symptoms

Little bastards :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well you could always become a vegan.

Or be like me and be what I call a "semi-vegan". That's where you drink vanilla flavored soy milk because you happen to think it tastes 10x better than regular milk, but still eat a nice ribeye because well...they're tasty too.
Odd how we think alike. :) I gave up dairy for a little over a year, and I just started drinking milk again about a month before you started your membership here. I gave it up because I have issues with how animals are treated in factory farms (I gave up eggs, too), and I started off first with vanilla soy milk, and then switched to vanilla almond milk. I like the almond milk a lot better, but unfortunately it doesn't have nearly as much protein. I've been feeling a bit off (can't really say how, just...off), though, and I wondered if it was the almond milk doing it. After drinking milk again for about three months, it's not the almond milk. Probably just age, after all. Well, and lack of exercise. Oh, yeah, and the beer...

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Don't know how you guys do it, that alternative milk (soy/almond) is nasty! I usually give those a shot when they provide the free samples at the store but now I just steer clear. If you're worried about the animals, or soy beans/almonds for that matter ;), don't they have free range alternatives?

Well, I'm off to A&W for breakfast followed by an hour or two at the dog park.

Steve

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know how you guys do it, that alternative milk (soy/almond) is nasty! I usually give those a shot when they provide the free samples at the store but now I just steer clear. If you're worried about the animals, or soy beans/almonds for that matter ;), don't they have free range alternatives?

Well, I'm off to A&W for breakfast followed by an hour or two at the dog park.

Steve
Enjoy the dog park!

There are some seriously nasty soy/almond milks out there - and there are some that aren't half bad. The unsweetened ones are tough to get down for me, but the vanilla almond milk from Silk is tasty (as is the chocolate, but it has more calories).

There aren't any certified-humane dairy farms that I've found near me. Arizona really isn't the dairy hub of America. :) "Free range," "cage free," and such are practically meaningless because the definitions are so liberal, so I look for farms that are certified by organizations that I trust. I'm buying organic milk from Safeway, and it's not an organic brand that I know to be inhumane, but it's one that there's isn't much information on...so I'll likely stop again.

As for the soybeans/almonds, my life is going to get a lot more difficult when/if I truly become aware that plants experience pain. Landscaping would become a real challenge...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Odd how we think alike. :)
Well, if great minds can think alike, why not us?

I gave up dairy for a little over a year, and I just started drinking milk again about a month before you started your membership here. I gave it up because I have issues with how animals are treated in factory farms (I gave up eggs, too), and I started off first with vanilla soy milk, and then switched to vanilla almond milk. I like the almond milk a lot better, but unfortunately it doesn't have nearly as much protein.
I switched partly for health, partly for the sweet taste, and partly for altruistic reasons. My breakfast consists of a cup of soy milk and a cup of calcium and vitamin D fortified OJ mixed with a bit of carrot juice, so I get the bulk of my vitamins and in a two minute shot in the morning along with enough a reasonable shot of protein (which is why I wrote off almond milk). Actually my lunches during the week are usually a PB&J; that's mostly just to be cheap :D but it also happens to be vegan as well. I also gave up burgers for a long time too, eating Morningstar spicy black bean burgers, which are actually pretty tasty IMO. How did it all pay off when I went in for my physical at 30 yo (after a hiatus of like 5 years...)??? Cholesterol and triglycerides through the roof. Fu--... So they put me on medication. And now I can eat like **** and still have low cholesterol. Yay.

Probably just age, after all. Well, and lack of exercise. Oh, yeah, and the beer...
That might have something to do with it :p

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Beer did someone say Beer ^ ^
I am just about to Ice up a cooler full of Stella Artois for the Eagles game and some BBQ this afternoon.
My my how nice is it outside right now the temps are in the low 60's to 70 today, just perfect for Football Sunday.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki's back leg has been bothering her off and on for a little over a month, so she won't jump up onto one of her beds anymore. Okay, it's the queen-sized bed in the master bedroom. :) I'm embarrassed that it took me about three weeks to finally get around to it (although, in my defense, there was a decent amount of prep work to get to it), but today I finally removed the bed frame to lower it about six inches. It looks like she should be able to get up on the bed without any trouble now. The frame, on the other hand, is one more thing that I'm going to have to find a place for...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Niki's back leg has been bothering her off and on for a little over a month, so she won't jump up onto one of her beds anymore. Okay, it's the queen-sized bed in the master bedroom. :) I'm embarrassed that it took me about three weeks to finally get around to it (although, in my defense, there was a decent amount of prep work to get to it), but today I finally removed the bed frame to lower it about six inches. It looks like she should be able to get up on the bed without any trouble now. The frame, on the other hand, is one more thing that I'm going to have to find a place for...
If you really loved her you would stagger the mattresses so she has a step up built right in...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If you really loved her you would stagger the mattresses so she has a step up built right in...
You're one to talk about love, Mr. I'll Call. :rolleyes: :D

It was actually seeing a product listing for one of those dog steps for beds that made me realize that I could just lower it. It's well within her range now, I think. Plus, I have an ergonomic foam dog bed next to the main bed for her to elevate herself before jumping on it, and to cushion herself when she jumps off of it. That's been there for a long time. So...there. :p

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i just saw this on facebook...

looks like im not getting any sleep tonight...
reminds me of the facehuggers from the alien series though....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm seriously considering ordering The Avengers on blu-ray. If I order it today, it will be delivered on release day (Tuesday). Hmmmm...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I finally gave in and bought reading glasses yesterday. When I saw my optometrist a few months ago, she told me that I'd probably be needing them soon. I didn't realize how much I needed them until I got them.:( But then, I'm 47 and had perfect vision until recently. That's pretty good, considering both of my parents and all of my sisters have been wearing prescription glasses since they were kids.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm seriously considering ordering The Avengers on blu-ray. If I order it today, it will be delivered on release day (Tuesday). Hmmmm...
Okay, I'm going to treat myself and buy it. Now, I just need to decide between the $20 two-disc pack and the $25 four-disc pack (that has the 3D version...but I don't have a 3D TV or 3D player...and the digital copy). Decisions, decisions.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis