Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I put it off for a while, but I figure that they already track what I buy, so it shouldn't make any difference.

"Adam likes grapes, and he's buying more lettuce. We have him now."
... not even any fight left in him. :(

Consumerism wins. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not mentioning organic bananas was a good choice, after all. :D

Of course, now you can quote that. After all, you guys would never change a quote. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, it's really pouring here. Nice to have the monsoons not pass us by.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just saw a Ragu commerical that more or less showed a young kid walking into his parents room and saw them:

Naked?

Having sex?

Doing something else sketchy?

it leaves a lot for interpretation, but the innuendo is clear. However you should then give him some pasta with ragu sauce to help heal his scarred psyche. It's almost like those old time commercials telling women (more or less) to get in the kitchen and spank your wife if she didn't buy the right bread. Funny, but probably going to come under some fire in this day and age.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You just had to make me look that up, didn't you? :eek: :D

That is one amazingly bizarre pasta sauce commercial. Bizarre. Last year, it was about getting kids to eat their veggies. When I was younger, it was "That's Italian!" Now...

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha don't lie, you had nothing better to do. Besides, now you know how messed up ragu is apparently :eek::D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That's like when the parents asked their kid what he wanted for his birthday and he said "I want a watch"

...so they let him.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure how people eat Ragu it's disgusting.
Growing up my Mom made spaghetti once a week with Ragu. I hated it. Took me years to eat spaghetti with real sauce ("Gravy" if you're from South Philly:D) on it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I have that Outlaw 755 I've been using. I was doing a little speaker shifting trying to A/B two centers I have for Alex :p and I had an amp channel stop working. This is the second amp channel I've had stop working in the thing, not a big deal because I only use three channels anyways, but annoying nonetheless. The first time it happened I emailed Outlaw explained my problem and told them I thought it was possible I had shorted the connection because I opened the lid and the fuse was blown. I still to this day have no idea how that would have happened with the first channel but thought it must've been a possibility because of the blown fuse. I replace the blown fuse and it still doesn't work. I assume there must be something else wrong and ask them what they think the problem might be, that I opened the lid and replaced one blown fuse and ask if they'll sell me a new module and that I can install it. They say they can't help and that I have to ship it back to them and that I have to buy their packing materials or they won't accept shipment. I say no thanks, but in my head there is a lot more colorful language going on.

This time (tonight) I got clumsy and impatient and even though I shut off the amp first, it still plays if it has a signal as the caps drain. I didn't wait for the caps to drain so I'm pretty POSITIVE I shorted it this time. I open it up and sure enough theres a blown fuse. This time I say, well I've got some time lemme go ahead and take the modules out and really take a look at them. Now I'm not claiming to have fixed it since I have yet to reassemble, but I take the first module out and I'm looking it over seeing if I can find anyplace it might've arced or to see if something had blown and I don't see anything. Suddenly I notice a blown fuse. I stare confusedly at this blown fuse because I could've sworn not two minutes ago I took the blown fuse out? Why would I put a blown fuse back in. I turn the module over and come to find that buried on the other side of the module where you clearly can't see just by taking the lid off theres a second fuse on each module. WHY WOULD OUTLAW NOT SIMPLY MENTION THIS WHEN I TOLD THEM I BLEW A FUSE???!?!?!?!?!

So now, even without testing, I'm convinced if I replace BOTH blown fuses in the two modules all 5 channels will again work.

Outlaw Audio, you greedy money grabbing son's of b!tches you can kiss the darkest part of my a$$. Thanks for nothing. I love my current amp and I just bought an outlaw 970 for my computer setup. However, these will most likely be the last pieces of outlaw equipment I will ever own. Now I'm like Adam with emotiva, albeit he got it worse than I did from emo, what outlaw tried to do to me was just plain stupid. How hard would it have really been to ask if I had changed both fuses? In my entire explanation to them it was painfully obvious that I had only changed a single fuse.

IRRITATED

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was about to make fun of you for posting that in this thread, but then you mentioned me... :D

Sorry about the stress, but hopefully you've found the solution. I hate the idea of shipping things back and forth, let alone really heavy things, just to fix something simple. Please let us know if the fuses fix it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I know how ATI always says "Oh well our modular system blah blah blah" yeah yeah I get it. If a channel explodes you can just replace the module instead of the whole amp. Boy are these things not happy when you take them out and put them back together.

Anyways I tested the blown modules and both work fine now after changing BOTH blown fuses.

So pumped I have a 5 channel amp again :D:D

So pissed/relieved Outlaw tried/didn't take me for about $300 plus shipping both ways plus buying their packaging. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis