Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While looking for another DVD, I came across "Gael Force," an Irish concert DVD that I hadn't watched in years. One of the songs that always gets to me is "City of Chicago" by Christy Moore about emigration during the great Irish famine. His accounting of food exports during a single day, exports to other countries when millions were starving at home, hits a chord. Maybe it's because of my Irish heritage, or because of my overwhelming wussiness, but I tear up every time.

Below is a fairly poor quality version (it sounds much better on disc), but it's all that I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I live.
I also crave bacon, prime rib, steak, and a Vienna Beef Chicago style hot dog after viewing some of what I've missed.

-pat

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I live.
I also crave bacon, prime rib, steak, and a Vienna Beef Chicago style hot dog after viewing some of what I've missed.

-pat
Hmmmmm, No mention of veggie corn dogs....:p

majorloser

majorloser

Hmmmmm, No mention of veggie corn dogs....:p
Speaking of corn dog...

Getting ready for my trip down the Hershey Highway this week. :eek:

Heading to Hershey, PA for the world's biggest recreational vehicle show. Looks like I actually going to be treated with a little taste of Fall weather while we're there.

Looks like my second home theater is going mobile. :cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like I actually going to be treated with a little taste of Fall weather while we're there.
One of the things I always liked about getting out of FLA was landscape: hills, trees, forests, roads with curves, rivers ... I'm not downplaying the natural beauty Florida has, it's just that seeing other stuff is great. Up here our mornings are in the 60's so dress warm. :)

majorloser

majorloser

One of the things I always liked about getting out of FLA was landscape: hills, trees, forests, roads with curves, rivers ... I'm not downplaying the natural beauty Florida has, it's just that seeing other stuff is great. Up here our mornings are in the 60's so dress warm. :)
Dude, I'm a native Floridian. There is no natural beauty. Flat lands and swamps. They've even screwed up the few beaches worth a crap.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Dude, I'm a native Floridian. There is no natural beauty. Flat lands and swamps. They've even screwed up the few beaches worth a crap.
I'm glad to see that you're not bitter. :rolleyes: :D

Try Boca right off Spanish River Blvd I believe ... they had a beach that you couldn't buy a coke at. Nobody wanted to go there except residents with parking passes and locals who could walk. Nice clean groomed ... Boca ... just being Boca. They did have showers off in the pay to park area ... that was a nice beach.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of corn dog...

Heading to Hershey, PA for the world's biggest recreational vehicle show. Looks like I actually going to be treated with a little taste of Fall weather while we're there.

Looks like my second home theater is going mobile. :cool:
Hmmm, that's the first time I've ever seen the name "Hershey Highway" where it had anything to do with a road....:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of corn dog...

Dave you're in luck, Troegs Brewery is a little west of Hershey. Looks to be about 12 miles west. If interested, I'll PM you a map with other breweries and brew pub locations.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Go to a beach. Look at all the half naked women. How can you say that there is no natual beauty?

majorloser

majorloser

I'm glad to see that you're not bitter. :rolleyes: :D

Try Boca right off Spanish River Blvd I believe ... they had a beach that you couldn't buy a coke at. Nobody wanted to go there except residents with parking passes and locals who could walk. Nice clean groomed ... Boca ... just being Boca. They did have showers off in the pay to park area ... that was a nice beach.
I moved to Central Florida from that area. You can keep the stuck up snobs.

Dave you're in luck, Troegs Brewery is a little west of Hershey. Looks to be about 12 miles west. If interested, I'll PM you a map with other breweries and brew pub locations.
Got it. This will be one of my first stops. :cool:

I know of three members that are now officially disappointed. :D:p
Doug's already thinking about stopping by one evening for a rendezvous :eek:

Go to a beach. Look at all the half naked women. How can you say that there is no natual beauty?
Just remember, most of the people on the beach are tourists. There's not many magazines that would want those images on their pages. :eek:

(well, maybe the magazines Alex buys)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Just remember, most of the people on the beach are tourists.
But they go there to strip down. Here they put on layer after layer.
There's not many magazines that would want those images on their pages. :eek:

(well, maybe the magazines Alex buys)
He pays for those? I know where he could download them fo free.

If you're in Hersey, then you're about 2 hours west of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis