Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Going to the optometrist on Tuesday and thinking about trying contacts again. I haven't worn contacts since I was 16 and I'll be 40 this year.:(
Anyone switched from glasses to contacts recently?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I know, right?

On an unrelated note, my order for a 24" x 18" teak cutting board was cancelled because Amazon couldn't get any. So, tonight, I ordered a different board.

:rolleyes: :D
What kind of board can they get?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That's just so wrong. :D Oh, wait. Bird seed. Right - I was. :)

I got the "Ironwood Gourmet Acacia Wood Large" from Amazon. I wanted a 24x18, but there weren't really any options that had universally good reviews, and this one (which did have good reviews and is end grain) is probably plenty big at 20x14.

Nice board. I love those. I was looking to buy one similar to that, but Wifey talked me into a custom built one. Now she won't let me use it. Can't scratch up our 'work of art.' I end up using one of the several plastic boards in the house. I feel SO cheep.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm, strangest? I might have to do some looking. :D

One that probably falls into the "was it even worth it for them to ship it to me" category was a $2 box of 50 packets of sweetener.
I have ordered condoms. Not to go back on my word, but the link that said, "save, buy used" grossed me out that day.:eek:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
the store is actually not too far away, basically right across the ny/nj line
so driving to it and punching someone in the face is not entirely out list of my possible actions..

I really don't want to get refund and start from scratch, I going to give them one last chance and this time I f-n expect a free white-glove service.
Got in touch with both store and shipper (Manna) today (the actual shipper was sub-contracted by shipping company)
sent both
We'll see what happens next

Photos of the damage :

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Apparently your employer feels the same way about you watching videos as you do about working. :rolleyes: :p

... you should have seen that coming.
Should I feel slightly guilty? since we have same web blocking system in-place, deployed and maintained by yours truly :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Can't view it. Blocked at work. Maybe the word 'women' is taboo.
Michael: Here is the short version : a truly blond girl goes over 10 minutes of describing her thought process at this complex task: If you traveling in a car at 80mph - How long will it take to travel 80 miles?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Michael: Here is the short version : a truly blond girl goes over 10 minutes of describing her thought process at this complex task: If you traveling in a car at 80mph - How long will it take to travel 80 miles?
3 days/72 right?:confused:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Should I feel slightly guilty? since we have same web blocking system in-place, deployed and maintained by yours truly :rolleyes:;)
Nope. Because there are too many employees who would do nothing but surf all day if they could. Even if their work wasn't finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis