Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, no farmers market today. I went out into the garage with Niki to get into the car and go, but she decided that she wanted to go for another walk instead. Seeing as how I was only getting eggs to make her happy, and she was happy going for a walk - we went for a walk. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, and hopefully I'll finally get around to replacing the batteries in the smoke detectors in the house.

None are beeping...yet, but one day quite a while back, I came home from work and one had been beeping for some unknown amount of time. When I opened the door to the house, Niki went straight into the garage and lay down in there shivering for about half an hour. She is terrified of any beeping noise like that. I just have to go into the garage and muffle the detector when I switch the battery, because (and I forgot this last time) it will start to beep once I remove the battery. Talk about backfiring on my plan to make it better for her last time - she went into one of her fortresses of solitude for a while last time after it beeped once before I got it outside.
Hi Adam, are they Firex smokes?
If so they have a few issues and a recall on certain models. Firex - Recall - Consumer FAQs

Mine go off every hot August nite around 2 or 3-AM they go off.
The company says to use compressed air and also vacuum they monthly.
I've also heard from other electricians that they don't like voltage fluctuations (summer brown outs)
They also should be replaced every 8 to 10 years.
I'm looking for another brand.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Rick. I'll have to check the brand, but I haven't had any problems with them except for the periodic need to replace the batteries. In over 11 years, I've probably replaced at most ten batteries in the five detectors in the house. I just figured that I'd actually try to be proactive and replace them before one started to beep.

Last edited:
D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Well, no farmers market today. I went out into the garage with Niki to get into the car and go, but she decided that she wanted to go for another walk instead. Seeing as how I was only getting eggs to make her happy, and she was happy going for a walk - we went for a walk. :)
Too bad they don't sell eggs at Amazon...you'd never have to leave the house again ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Too bad they don't sell eggs at Amazon...you'd never have to leave the house again ;)
You got that right. I was going to go to Target to get Niki some more Iams tartar treats, and then I thought to look on Amazon. I just signed up for Subscribe and Save on them this morning. :) Plus, Amazon sells the medium size that I wanted, but Target doesn't.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't want to be overly critical of my blender, as my expectations might be unrealistic. I'm not a blender expert. I must say, though, that the name of the appliance, and the "blend" label on one of the buttons, led me to believe that it would...well...blend things. I'm starting to think that those cooking shows are using some sort of camera magic.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Got a bottle of sake, along with four bottles of various Moscato wines, one bottle of non-alcoholic wine (that's just grape juice, right? :)), and two bottles of specialty beer that I'd never seen before.

I also got a loaf of whole wheat French bread, which was tasty when dipped in olive oil and Italian seasonings. Niki partook of our regular ham to her delight.

I also got some bananas and brown sugar to make some frozen banana dessert that I saw on TV today.

I decided to get some Egglands Best cage free eggs based on this:
Target carries Egglands Best cage free and organic eggs. Here they're $2.50 a dozen.
I just checked cornucopia.org, and that brand isn't rated well. No, man, I'm not blaming it on you. :) I admit that, even though I hadn't checked their rating yet, I kinda suspected as much since they are carried at Safeway.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A combination of alcohol and a Facebook post from an old friend got me thinking about a girl that I never talked to junior year of college...and now I'm depressed. It's true, I think - your biggest regrets are about what you don't do.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I don't want to be overly critical of my blender, as my expectations might be unrealistic. I'm not a blender expert. I must say, though, that the name of the appliance, and the "blend" label on one of the buttons, led me to believe that it would...well...blend things. I'm starting to think that those cooking shows are using some sort of camera magic.
I agree Adam. We have a blender that leaves chunks of banana and ice when my wife makes smoothies. We've since learned to check Consumer reports first.
When I was a kid my parents had a Vita Mix blender. High performance blenders from Vitamix Corporation.
It cranked so fast and hard that it could make hot soup from a handful of vegetables in 4 minutes.:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A combination of alcohol and a Facebook post from an old friend got me thinking about a girl that I never talked to junior year of college...and now I'm depressed. It's true, I think - your biggest regrets are about what you don't do.
Maybe you didn't talk to her then but you're stalking her now.
You can build on that. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When I was a kid my parents had a Vita Mix blender. High performance blenders from Vitamix Corporation.
It cranked so fast and hard that it could make hot soup from a handful of vegetables in 4 minutes.:eek:
I've read about those. They sure do look cool, but I can't see myself dropping $400 for a blender. :) My post was mostly joking, as I hadn't used my blender in years - and I've probably used it less than ten times since buying it around 2000. Of course, that might in part be because it sucks. :D I'll be trying it again today, though, to mix up a frozen banana dessert.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just made an omelette for Niki and I. Considering that I've never made one before and didn't read about how to make one, I'd say that it turned out pretty well.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I decided to get some Egglands Best cage free eggs based on this:

I just checked cornucopia.org, and that brand isn't rated well. No, man, I'm not blaming it on you. :) I admit that, even though I hadn't checked their rating yet, I kinda suspected as much since they are carried at Safeway.
Yep. Full Circle is also at the bottom of the list. I buy my eggs, when available, from a farm in Niles Michigan. This does not help you because they're not national. When I can't get my eggs locally, I think the best national companies are Egglands Best and full Circle.
The list is on Cornucopia is voluntary and I don't know why Eggland and Full Circle didn't participate. I still trust that the animals are better cared for than they are at other factory farm type facilities. One of the leading egg producers on the list, Schultz, had recent outbreak of Salmonella and as far as I know that has never happened at Eggland or Full Circle.

Again, try the eat wild website and maybe you can a better stocked supplier.

Eat Wild

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I agree Adam. We have a blender that leaves chunks of banana and ice when my wife makes smoothies. We've since learned to check Consumer reports first.
My parents had the same blender. It was a beast. It was so powerful it would whip water to like a thin/watery whipped cream.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I went to a wake and reception last night.
Somebody was talking about me on the other side of the room.
All I could make out was the word 'Audioholics'. :rolleyes:
Someone mentions Audioholics and right away you assume they are talking about you.:rolleyes::p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis