Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just out of curiosity, is there another plan out there that would have a 265 pound guy with 30% body fat eating more protein than 140 grams?

What's BJJ? Oh yeah, Google. I got the first Zone book that Sears put out and would suggest you get it, read it and then see what is possible. He does a pretty good job of selling the plan. You don't really need me for that part. Anything short of success with all the diet mumbo jumbo is just an academic exercise aka as yak. It's kind of like building speakers ... you have to first know stuff and then you have to do stuff. ;)
If you truly 185 have 185lbs of muscle that would be the target protein intake for an athlete, bodybuilder. For an average dude 140 is plenty. I suspect you probably don't have 185 unless you are like 6' 5".

fat should be around 92 grams the rest would be from carbs. Ultimately it's what works. If you are losing weight then keep doing what you are doing. I don't actually count calories anymore. Shrimp, chicken, turkey, lean beef.

I eat 2 meals a day. I've found it works for me and makes dealing with all the eating out easier.

BJJ is wrestling in Pajamas. Perfect for the twister lover. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If you truly 185 have 185lbs of muscle that would be the target protein intake for an athlete, bodybuilder. For an average dude 140 is plenty. I suspect you probably don't have 185 unless you are like 6' 5".

fat should be around 92 grams the rest would be from carbs. Ultimately it's what works. If you are losing weight then keep doing what you are doing. I don't actually count calories anymore. Shrimp, chicken, turkey, lean beef.

I eat 2 meals a day. I've found it works for me and makes dealing with all the eating out easier.

BJJ is wrestling in Pajamas. Perfect for the twister lover. :D
Alex is something like 6'4" if memory serves me right.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hello guys

There must be big champagne orders in Boeing today....

Norwegian airlines yesterday entered the biggest airplane order ever to come from Europe... in history, there is an order + options for a total of 372 airplanes from Being and Airbus,

so now Bjørn Kjos of Norwegian Airlines booked 100 Boeing 737 MAX8, 22 737-800, 100 Airbus A320 Neo and an option for many more planes.... you guys in Boeing will probably be quite busy in the following years

It's an order worth 122 Billion dollars for 222 airplanes :eek: + option for 150 extra planes....

Norwegian tar gigantjafs midt i krisen - Aftenposten

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hello guys

There must be big champagne orders in Boeing today....

Norwegian airlines yesterday entered the biggest airplane order ever to come from Europe... in history, there is an order + options for a total of 372 airplanes from Being and Airbus,

so now Bjørn Kjos of Norwegian Airlines booked 100 Boeing 737 MAX8, 22 737-800, 100 Airbus A320 Neo and an option for many more planes.... you guys in Boeing will probably be quite busy in the following years

It's an order worth 122 Billion dollars for 222 airplanes :eek: + option for 150 extra planes....

Norwegian tar gigantjafs midt i krisen - Aftenposten

Really? That's like one airplane for every Norwegian. Is everybody getting their own personal aircraft?:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
What for? That's a terrible language. Almost as bad as Chinese.:p
Yeah, when it comes to .NET and Windows Presentation Foundation is just a bunch of xml configurations, hardly any coding... but C# skills are sought after....

Perhaps I like c++ more, made a system once where lots of function calls were made via pointers :eek:, interesting bugs appeared whenever the addresses to the functions were incorrect, but this is real programming for real men :p

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
is there another plan out there that would have a 265 pound guy with 30% body fat eating more protein than 140 grams?
You could approach this question a couple different ways, with the same answer in the end. Any diet I put you on would probably consist of more protein. Ultimately it will help maintain the lean mass you have while you're shedding pounds, and its probably more beneficial to somebody losing weight than the other macros. I personally think that picking an 'ideal' weight and getting there without any resistance training can be detrimental over time. Having "too" much protein lessens this detriment.

Here's how I look at it. 140gr of protein would make up less than a third of your total calories per day. (4 cals per gram) A good split would be at least 40 percent. If you're eating less calories than that, do some research to dial in more closely how many you need- but I know you know that- and keep an eye on overall body composition- and I know you already know that.

A more direct answer would also be a Ketosis diet- almost exclusively fats and proteins. I wouldn't recommend it however.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
He is bigger than life....:D
...bigger than a baby's arm holding an apple. :eek:

Here's how I look at it. 140gr of protein would make up less than a third of your total calories per day. (4 cals per gram) A good split would be at least 40 percent. If you're eating less calories than that, do some research to dial in more closely how many you need- but I know you know that- and keep an eye on overall body composition- and I know you already know that.
It's about 30% of my caloric intake that comes from protein but I guess about half my calories come from my own fat being burned. That's the idea anyway. I don't really know much else about nutrition other than what's written in that first Zone Diet book which says to ignore calories but to focus on the absolute daily intake of macro nutrients and to watch the ratio per meal. So far it's working because I understand the plan and stick to it ... mostly stick to it. It's got a bit of a steep learning curve at first when you need to figure everything out about every meal. I usually make a few meals at once and divide them up as known quantities to be eaten every 4 hours or so. It's been working like a charm. The only time I get weak willed is when I go for more than 5 or 6 hours without food.

A more direct answer would also be a Ketosis diet- almost exclusively fats and proteins. I wouldn't recommend it however.
It wasn't really the kind of question that required an answer. For whatever reason I'm sold on this plan and it does allow for all kinds of foods so long as you factor them in to the overall composition of a meal. For instance one of those ice cream drumsticks with nuts on it comes in at 35 grams of carbs. Well it turns out that that's about a meals worth of carbs for me. I could go with that and stick to the plan and still lose weight but it would be a poor choice because of it's high glycemic index. Those kinds of food choices would leave me hungry before too long and that would make sticking to the plan tough.

My wrist shrank half an inch. :confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My wrist shrank half an inch. :confused:
That's going to make something else look bigger. :p

On a different note, while I can't see much actual use for this thing, I find myself drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Add a bottle opener to something, and now it's just cool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis