Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
We just had this absolutely horrible car accident this Friday

On a two lane road this small Citroen Berlingo is going off the road to the left, onto a side road.... to do this the car has to completely stop... because of oncoming traffic; somehow a big truck behind does not notice this and hits the car with great force throwing the car onto the opposite lane and turning the car 90 degreess, the berlingo is hit sideways by an oncoming car; Speed limit at the place is 45mph.

Both people in the berlingo was killed, a woman at 25 and a guy at 33 years. The whole city stopped after this for many hours due to traffic problems, as the road was blocked by police, but this minor inconvenience is unimportant. I spent 3.5 hours in queues getting home but that doesn't matter when people are getting killed like this.....

It's so scary to think about how quickly these things may happen and how important it is to follow rules and be attentive behind the steering wheel.

Both me and my better half has been very scared by this......

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Don't be so quick to judge. It's an awesome show and not really what you might expect from listening to their albums.:cool:
Well yeah I'm very open minded when it comes to music so I should have a listen.....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
We just had this absolutely horrible car accident this Friday

On a two lane road this small Citroen Berlingo is going off the road to the left, onto a side road.... to do this the car has to completely stop... because of oncoming traffic; somehow a big truck behind does not notice this and hits the car with great force throwing the car onto the opposite lane and turning the car 90 degreess, the berlingo is hit sideways by an oncoming car; Speed limit at the place is 45mph.

Both people in the berlingo was killed, a woman at 25 and a guy at 33 years. The whole city stopped after this for many hours due to traffic problems, as the road was blocked by police, but this minor inconvenience is unimportant. I spent 3.5 hours in queues getting home but that doesn't matter when people are getting killed like this.....

It's so scary to think about how quickly these things may happen and how important it is to follow rules and be attentive behind the steering wheel.

Both me and my better half has been very scared by this......
How are you posting this if you're dead?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This time your jokes ar just out of line, do you really think it's funny to make jokes about two people getting killed..........
Then it would be your solemn duty to report me ... again. :eek:

You know, the way you wrote that made me think it was you and your bride that got into a horrific accident until I got to the part about them being killed. I was thrilled when I realized that you were not in the accident ... but now ... not so much. :p

Put me on ignore, buy a convertible and drive fast with no seat belts. :mad:

... and stay away from your wife's sister.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Then it would be your solemn duty to report me ... again. :eek:

You know, the way you wrote that made me think it was you and your bride that got into a horrific accident until I got to the part about them being killed. I was thrilled when I realized that you were not in the accident ... but now ... not so much. :p

No I'm not gonna do that....... and she doesn't have a sister

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan

I will never put you on ignore. My wife picked up an '06 Mustang convertible three days ago but she always wears a seatbelt.

...but her sister is persona non grata at our house now, since she gave a lame excuse and didn't come to my son's wedding last weekend.:(

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I will never put you on ignore.
That' so sweet! :)

My wife picked up an '06 Mustang convertible three days ago but she always wears a seatbelt.
That's pretty cool. Big motor? How's your Vette? Pretty close to paid off, right? 'Bout 15,000 miles by now?

...but her sister is persona non grata at our house now, since she gave a lame excuse and didn't come to my son's wedding last weekend.:(
Some people's kids, huh? :rolleyes: What was the excuse? I like those the best because people have to get dirty delivering them. That kind of slimy behavior I find fascinating.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's pretty cool. Big motor? How's your Vette? Pretty close to paid off, right? 'Bout 15,000 miles by now?
The Mustang is just a V6. Inexpensive, over 100K's on it but it looks really, really good. The lease on the Vette is just about up but I haven't decided if I will buy it out. It's only got 22K kms on it now out 60K the lease allows. The buyout is super low, in my opinion, so I might buy it solely to take advantage of the value equation.

Some people's kids, huh? :rolleyes: What was the excuse? I like those the best because people have to get dirty delivering them. That kind of slimy behavior I find fascinating.
Last week, the excuse was that it was too hard to travel with their kids to go to the wedding. (They are out of town, near Toronto.) Yet this week, they are down here visiting other relatives on the brother in law's side, just because. Their real reason for not attending is that the sister and father had a falling out and she didn't want to be in the same room with him at the wedding. My wife and I are not involved in any of it in any way so....:rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My family is messed up too. It's going to take another death to bring us all together again ... or an act of God. I'll let you know which ... and yes, I am qualified to tell the difference.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It's going to take another death to bring us all together again ... or an act of God. I'll let you know which ... and yes, I am qualified to tell the difference.
You cannot bait me into this discussion now that the moderators have changed the rules.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No I'm not gonna do that...
Do what? Report me or get a convertible?

.... and she doesn't have a sister
Ahhh ... it must have been the wife beating stuff that set you off last time.

... well ... I'm still glad you're okay, just not as glad as before you sprouted a vagina ... again. :p

Yes, yes, yes ... my jokes ... too far, I know. The problem is that I don't care. :D
... and some people that I hold in high regard encourage me. :eek:

You cannot bait me into this discussion now that the moderators have changed the rules.:p
It's not a bad discussion when two otherwise rational people make note of their differences and treat it as the difference of say eye color and move along. But yeah, they (namely, Matt) have gone and pulled a Roberto Duran on that stuff ... No Mas. What's worth noting is that some of the people that I thought for sure would have men with big nets on their heels turned out to be soft spoken and thoughtful in their speech.

Today I am going to do some good ... and it involves taping. Later.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have got to start reading here on the weekends. What the h.ll did I miss this time?!:eek:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Yea, what happened?

I'm enjoying some homebrew coffee this morning. I also have the day off, although I've already done a 1.5 hour job interview.

Maybe I should apply to be a mod. I bet the pay is insane.

/randomthoughts

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
A fight between a monkey and a viking. It's the stuff legends are made of.
Shouldn't someone write a song about it then? I'm not much of a writer, but I'll be glad to name the song.

A Viking & His Monkey (in what the parrot saw).:p

Alternate title:

How to poke out my mind's eye?!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis