Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Davemcc,

What happened in your case was WRONG WRONG. The scout leader was wrong and should have been disciplined or removed. You should have been counselled and helped. Seriously, I am very sorry you had an experience like that.

Peace and Good Will and Good Sound to All,

Forest Man,

P.S. - By the way you are great audioholic and great guy!
No, it wasn't like that. He made a joke and touched me on the shoulder but I didn't like the guy so I let him have it. I didn't have to show the policeman where the bad man touched me.:D

But then again, I got thrown out of church too.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No, it wasn't like that. He made a joke and touched me on the shoulder but I didn't like the guy so I let him have it. I didn't have to show the policeman where the bad man touched me.:D
This level of denial usually indicates enjoyment on the part of the victim.

Further acting out is quite normal as it presents an opportunity for some alone time with Father Phil MaCrackin. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm so lame. I don't recall being kicked or thrown out of any organization.

Shunned and excluded, sure. But never kicked out.

[Please don't ban me to make me feel cool. :)]

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

I find this all so very hard to believe.:rolleyes::D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm in Wichita for the next couple of days... fun fun... it was weird, driving out here through Missouri I noticed all of the trees seemed to lean a little bit to the left. I bet thats because Chris (mperfct) here in Kansas sucks so much.

EDIT... Well damn... looks like Chris actually lives in Missouri. Tough break...
Well, you're incorrect on both counts. 1) I live in Kansas and 2) the trees lean to the left in Missouri because you are gay.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, you're incorrect on both counts. 1) I live in Kansas and 2) the trees lean to the left in Missouri because you are gay.
My outburst of laughter would have gotten me busted for not working in any type of office environment.

Way to deliver a kick straight to the nuts. :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
This level of denial usually indicates enjoyment on the part of the victim.

Further acting out is quite normal as it presents an opportunity for some alone time with Father Phil MaCrackin. :D
You want the whole story, do ya?:D

Back in the really early 70's when I became a Cub Scout, guess who didn't want to become a Cub Scout. That's right...ME. Guess who was my Cub Scout leader....BZZZZ. Wrong. It was my mother. A real freakin' pioneer in Women's equality back then, she was. Making inroads into the male dominated clubs of the day. Then, when I was forced into Scouts, guess who became my Scout leader? Right, my mother. Perhaps she didn't notice that I hated camping, hated crafts, pretty much hated everything that Scouts do.

As I got older, I made it my mission to become such an offensive little ***tard that I could finally escape. As you may have guessed, my story in my previous post was my successful escape plan. (P.S. The Scout leader in question in the previous post was not my mother.:p)

As for getting kicked out of church, there's classes you have to take before you can formally become a member of the church. During those classes, I asked the Minister a lot of questions, some repeatedly, simply trying to make sense of the whole concept of religion. Well, the Minister simply could not explain away the obvious logical inconsistencies of Christendom to my 16yo self, so he asked my parents to take me away and not come back.:rolleyes:

By the age of 16, my missions had been accomplished. I was free of Scouts and free of the church. Even today, I unabashedly sleep in on Sunday mornings and my version of camping is when I'm stuck staying at an Econolodge instead of a Radisson.

Mommy issues??? Please discuss.:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You want the whole story, do ya?:D

Back in the really early 70's when I became a Cub Scout, guess who didn't want to become a Cub Scout. That's right...ME. Guess who was my Cub Scout leader....BZZZZ. Wrong. It was my mother. A real freakin' pioneer in Women's equality back then, she was. Making inroads into the male dominated clubs of the day. Then, when I was forced into Scouts, guess who became my Scout leader? Right, my mother. Perhaps she didn't notice that I hated camping, hated crafts, pretty much hated everything that Scouts do.

As I got older, I made it my mission to become such an offensive little ***tard that I could finally escape. As you may have guessed, my story in my previous post was my successful escape plan. (P.S. The Scout leader in question in the previous post was not my mother.:p)

As for getting kicked out of church, there's classes you have to take before you can formally become a member of the church. During those classes, I asked the Minister a lot of questions, some repeatedly, simply trying to make sense of the whole concept of religion. Well, the Minister simply could not explain away the obvious logical inconsistencies of Christendom to my 16yo self, so he asked my parents to take me away and not come back.:rolleyes:

By the age of 16, my missions had been accomplished. I was free of Scouts and free of the church. Even today, I unabashedly sleep in on Sunday mornings and my version of camping is when I'm stuck staying at an Econolodge instead of a Radisson.

Mommy issues??? Please discuss.:D
I hear about that kind of stuff from people a lot. It's truly sad how many ministers don't take the time to discuss the questions. The lack of a basic theology being discussed is tragic in itself. Should a person have to go to seminary to understand the basic theology and history of their faith. OK rant over.

Camping is fun for 1 night, but get me some AC after the 2nd night.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Same here.
I got slapped in the face by the priest in grammar school for asking the wrong questions.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am now on pseudo-vacation. I had already been approved to take vacation for the rest of the year, but there's still some work to do. So, I'm being allowed to work from home. No complaints - I'm happy to help out, I'm getting paid, and I don't have to drive two hours to/from the office to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis