RE5 - lives up to the hype...mostly

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Toss the AK, IMO - The SIG is better. I don't even have any machine guns anymore. The handguns are powerful enough once upgraded. Pretty much all I ever carry is the rifle for some spot work, the shotgun for crowd pleasing and a handgun. For specific spots, the grenade launcher with situation specific ammo. Now that I have unlimited ammo unlocked for a few of the guns, I just use one of each for each character... You can conserve ammo by buying the Stun Stick - that thing is so much fun - one hit kill on most characters (not bosses), but you have to be up close and personal. Your accuracy goes through the roof.

Let me tell you about the unlockable guns:

M93 as mentioned previously - 3shot burst with a stalk and much more powerful than the M92, but only holds 30 bullets.

3 barrel shotgun called "Hydra" BANG. Not as focused as the M3, but a lot wider spray. I got a trophy with this one called "crowd control" :D

Chain gun - not accurate, but quantity over quality still gets the job done with this one - unlimited ammo.

Smith & Wesson M500 Magnum. It is almost twice as powerful as the other Mag when fully upgraded!! Blammo. :cool: Only 6 shots, but you don't need many to kill pretty much anything.

Bow & Arrow :eek: ?? I haven't bought this yet. Unlimited ammo but manual aiming (no laser, duh).

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I beat the single player in Resident Evil 5 on normal. I turns out to be a very fun game. The controls take some getting use to but as I got about half way through my concerns were put to rest. I had some problems on the final boss after running out of ammo and was not sure if I could still defeat him so while trying to knife him a context action became available which was cool. I`m going to play it again on the difficult setting as well a run through with a co-op partner which should be a very strong aspect to this game. I also unlocked mercanaries, is it good? In conclusion, the single player was solid, worth buying IMO.
So that's the trick?!?!

I got to what I guess is the end last weekend, (fighting Wesker in the lava, though how he survived falling from a frickin' plane is beyond me). I kept shooting him in the heart until, I ran out of ammo to and then I ran around wondering what the hell I was supposed to do. But the once or twice that I got close to him, he just knocked me off into the lava.

Guess I'll have to go look up a walkthrough.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Well this sucks. I just read a couple of walkthroughs and they both said to keep shooting Wesker until he dies. Well, I have next to no ammo and no money to buy any more. I guess I'll have to try transferring all of Sheva's ammo to Chris so she won't waste ammo that I need.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Well this sucks. I just read a couple of walkthroughs and they both said to keep shooting Wesker until he dies. Well, I have next to no ammo and no money to buy any more. I guess I'll have to try transferring all of Sheva's ammo to Chris so she won't waste ammo that I need.
You can kill him without using any ammo. Stand as close as possible to and constantly stay behind him. If you are really close to him and constantly moving around to stay behind him you don't have to worry about getting flinged into the lava. There are still a few moves you have to watch out for though. When he does a certain action (not sure if it is when extending or raising his arm) and if you are close enough behind him, a "restrain" context action becomes available. You then press the button it says on the screen and you restrain him.........I will leave it at that not to spoil it for you how it ends...its cool :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can also select previous levels by starting and choosing "select level" to get more ammo and money to buy upgrades. I had to do that and upgrade the magnum and get more ammo for it to beat him. There are specific times to shoot him - after he raises his arm and "spins", he is momentarily vulnerable - a few shots with the mag to the center of the chest did him in. Otherwise it takes a LOT of shots to kill him because the guns don't do as much damage when he is just walking around.

I bought the bow & arrow - one shot kill, but difficult to aim accurately on the first shot, and just a whole lot of fun to use :D It cost $50,000 though!! Most expensive weapon in the game that I've seen.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
You can kill him without using any ammo. Stand as close as possible to and constantly stay behind him. If you are really close to him and constantly moving around to stay behind him you don't have to worry about getting flinged into the lava. There are still a few moves you have to watch out for though. When he does a certain action (not sure if it is when extending or raising his arm) and if you are close enough behind him, a "restrain" context action becomes available. You then press the button it says on the screen and you restrain him.........I will leave it at that not to spoil it for you how it ends...its cool :D
I think I accidentally stumbled across this last night. I kept running out of ammo and had died about 10 times. I was getting so pissed that I just went Kamikaze and ran up to Wesker and started hacking at him with my machete. I got off about 10 swipes before he hit me, so I just kept getting back up and hacking away at him again. Then the "restrain" comment came up and I finished the game.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I went on Amazon to grab it, but the 53 bucks plus shipping stopped me. :/

If anyone wants to sell theirs when they are done, lemme know. (I have a bank verified, ID verified, PayPal account with 100% feedback) :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For those interested, RE5 Versus (add on) released this weekend for $5.00 download. I installed it, but haven't tried it yet. I've been playing online a lot, but most of the people I've connected with don't seem to be that good, even though some of them are playing on veteran :rolleyes: Too busy, will have to give Versus a try this weekend.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I gave versus a try last night and it was pretty fun. A little more lag than playing co-op, but not bad at all. Very fun playing against 4 people, but gets a little crazy when you haven't unlocked all the characters and they have...

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I finally picked it up.

So far my only comment is how could we have gotten three pages and not mentioned his partners *** and tits. They even have the motion down on those things.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, she is smoking hot. You haven't even seen her in the alternate costumes :eek:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
:eek:

I've just gotten started with the game, getting my *** kicked by the initial rush of a bunch of zombies on normal. Kind of annoying because once I run out of ammo I can only knife until someone gets behind me and eventually kills me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I've just gotten started with the game, getting my *** kicked by the initial rush of a bunch of zombies on normal. Kind of annoying because once I run out of ammo I can only knife until someone gets behind me and eventually kills me.
Yep, until you get some better weapons and upgrade your capacity, the first couple of levels are tough. More of a "make it through" than get top ranking, but then you can go back once you have at least a more powerful weapon or two and take care of business. Make sure you pick up the machine gun in the far right corner of the area - it will help out a lot until you get the shotgun. When you play the level again, you can pick it up again, so both of you can have one. I was dumb and tried to play on Veteran my first time out and died in a few minutes.

Last night I was able to complete acquiring the last figure and managed to survive a few levels (even got an S on one) on Professional difficulty. :cool:

Last edited:
Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
I still haven't played any more of this, still playing GOW2 with some online Horde, just too much fun for me.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
I finally picked it up.

So far my only comment is how could we have gotten three pages and not mentioned his partners *** and tits. They even have the motion down on those things.
My first post in this thread, post number 4, I mention it :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Is this the first battle where you start in the house? The key to beating this is to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. There are way to many enemies and with the lack of ammo you can't just camp because all the enemies will eventually rush you and it is way to overwhelming. First thing is to get out of that house and just keep on moving away from the packs of enemies. Once you starting running away you can manage to isolate and kill 1 or 2 enemies at a time and pick up some ammo before a pack or those big guys come to kill you...run away and continue to do the same thing. Just keep on doing this until you get the call from the helicopter and just keep on waiting it out till they come to the rescue.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is this the first battle where you start in the house? The key to beating this is to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. There are way to many enemies and with the lack of ammo you can't just camp because all the enemies will eventually rush you and it is way to overwhelming. First thing is to get out of that house and just keep on moving away from the packs of enemies. Once you starting running away you can manage to isolate and kill 1 or 2 enemies at a time and pick up some ammo before a pack or those big guys come to kill you...run away and continue to do the same thing. Just keep on doing this until you get the call from the helicopter and just keep on waiting it out till they come to the rescue.
Good strategy. Pretty much the same strategy I have to use on Professional difficulty. Practically one hit from anything and you are done. Even with unlimited ammo, it is tough.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Still playing RE5. I am stuck after you open the gate from the boat missions. I am lacking ammo and those huge enemies really mess me up because I am trying to kill the swarms of the smaller guys first. This is the most difficult part I have run into so far on the hardest setting.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have mostly been playing online. Duo on Mercenaries, Versus and if nothing good there, then some tag team on the main game. I need a lot of points to unlock the final Wesker for Versus.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis