RBH Sound Owner's Thread

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
RBH confirmed that center speaker listing on eBay is legit :) so that's one problem solved! Thanks all.

... and then they reached out again to say they have a B-stock rosewood cabinet they could build up for me! Will have to weigh the cost but their customer service is indeed excellent.
I'm glad we could be helpful. I have been a customer of them for a long time for a reason theyre products are some of the best at any price point and they treat they're customers like they are made of GOLD. They are indeed the best. Hopefully you can spring for the Rosewood cabinet a matching center from RBH would be awesome!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for those! Unfortunately my receiver only can do 4 ohms for the front speakers, 6 ohms for other speakers; the 661-SV in that listing says 4 ohms.
It may very well be fine, that's true. And it isn't a large room, no. The receiver is a Yamaha TSR-700, not that high-end maybe but it works great for me.
That’s a $700 Yamaha AVR, so although not mid- or high-end, should be fine with the SV661 center and 6500 towers.

Now all you need is a pair of the RBH SV-61 bookshelf for your surround and you’re set. :D

S

smozi

Enthusiast
Realized I never updated with what I ended up with - RBH was able to help me out and even though these speakers are discontinued they made me a center and surrounds from B-stock cabinets they had left over (very minor rippling in the finish, can hardly tell at all.) I got four MC-4-C speakers from eBay to use as heights and even though my room isn't acoustically perfect, shall we say, it all sounds great and even more so when I upgraded to an Anthem MRX 740 with ARC. Kind of feel like I leapfrogged right to the top in some regards... but to me the results have opened up a whole new world where I can re-experience my favorite music and hear new music in a state of increased appreciation and enjoyment.
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0795.jpg

This is not really RBH-specific, but there is a second sub not pictured behind me facing the main sub and without being able to easily and quickly take and compare measurements it would not have been possible to place it correctly. In my case I used ARC but I'm sure REW or other programs could do the same. It really is a game of inches between good and bad, and most of the places I thought would be good actually ended up making things worse than just have one sub. With ARC and the SVS app, I was able to first measure them individually to find the best placement (turns out for the main one it likes being right against the wall, for example) and apply some EQ in the app, then plug them both in and taking measurements properly set the delay on the closer one, then run ARC with it treating them as one combined sub, with great results. If you just take two subs and put them where you think it'll work and hope for the best... you're going to need a lot of luck.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dang, RBH using a Trinnov. How dare they use the best AV Processor on the market! hahahaha!! :p :p :p
Don’t know about “best”, but curious to see if RBH is partnering with Trinnov, which is supposed to be one of the best.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Don’t know about “best”, but curious to see if RBH is partnering with Trinnov.
If Trinnov partnered with RBH that would be huge for RBH. Trinnov is the #1 premier AV processor in the world. Is used by almost every major AV company, sound companies, speaker companies, the list goes on.
Just wait, Gene will be dumping his StormAudio for a Trinnov in the future. The temptation to have the best of the best will be too much. :p:D

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Yes they are. . I’m probably gonna be needing another ATI soon. ;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It sounded like Shane wants to use the Trinnov with the SVTRS system.

Probably too early, but I will ask Duane if RBH is working with Trinnov.
Todd Stewart (RBH president) told me that there isn't a partnership between RBH and Trinnov yet. :D

I told Todd that it is an excellent idea to show people how great RBH speakers sound with Trinnov and especially Dirac since Dirac is usually much more affordable.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I can’t wait to get the settings for the SVTRS with the Trinnov… probably will take the x-over out of my 831s…:oops:

You know this is a never ending story… ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can’t wait to get the settings for the SVTRS with the Trinnov… probably will take the x-over out of my 831s…:oops:

You know this is a never ending story… ;)
Taking the XO out by yourself?

I bet the improvement in sound will be 2% for the $20K investment. :D

You need to focus your energy on other things like a great Epson Pro 4K LASER PJ with 6,000 Lumen and other speakers in the house. ;)

And other things like 4K movie collection MKV files in your SSD + NVIDIA-Shield or HTPC.

And/or an even bigger room + 150-175" screen and the 6000-Lumen Epson 4K Laser Projector. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

You need to focus your energy on other things like a great Epson Pro 4K LASER PJ with 6,000 Lumen and other speakers in the house. ;)

And other things like 4K movie collection MKV files in your SSD + NVIDIA-Shield or HTPC.

And/or an even bigger room + 150-175" screen and the 6000-Lumen Epson 4K Laser Projector. :D
The Trinnov and their own room correction will most likely produce at a minimum 10% better performance compared to everything else on the market. So, worth the $20k+ investment. :p

You will need to pair a Lumagen or MadVR Pro with that Epson since the Epson isn't True 4k and doesn't have tone mapping capabilities. Just pumps light out. Stick with JVC or a new Sony. Way better picture. You don't want to have to wear sunglasses while you watch movies or TV like Acu does....hahaha!:cool:

I would also invest in a K-scape and grab yourself some Terra servers. Skip the ripping and burning or "illegal" downloading (which will be filled with spam) and just grab 2x88TB Terra's and you'll be set for 15-20 years worth of space for movies.

I too would suggest going with a bigger screen if you can. 150"+ is preferred. Add speakers if you can and some additional subwoofers. Can't ever go wrong with more speakers and subs! ;)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic

I’m remodeling the house so moving a few things around. That includes moving a certain receiver to run the Master bedroom, pool area and the family room. That‘s where the new speakers will come in, after adding 2 more to the theater room to make it a 7.6.4. ;)

Considering in the future moving the JVC to the family room but not sure how that will wore. Kind of a bright room…

I know that RBH was getting a Trinnov to use with the SVTRS. ;)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
The Trinnov and their own room correction will most likely produce at a minimum 10% better performance compared to everything else on the market. So, worth the $20k+ investment. :p

You will need to pair a Lumagen or MadVR Pro with that Epson since the Epson isn't True 4k and doesn't have tone mapping capabilities. Just pumps light out. Stick with JVC or a new Sony. Way better picture. You don't want to have to wear sunglasses while you watch movies or TV like Acu does....hahaha!:cool:

I would also invest in a K-scape and grab yourself some Terra servers. Skip the ripping and burning or "illegal" downloading (which will be filled with spam) and just grab 2x88TB Terra's and you'll be set for 15-20 years worth of space for movies.

I too would suggest going with a bigger screen if you can. 150"+ is preferred. Add speakers if you can and some additional subwoofers. Can't ever go wrong with more speakers and subs! ;)
I didn’t know ADTG watched tv with sunglasses!! He never mentioned it. :oops::)

I do like simple Plug and play. I like The K-scape. Lately I’ve been getting upset at having to pay to watch movies by renting even though I have subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. Always seems like what I want to watch I have to rent. Might as well buy it…

I don’t think i can fit more speakers let alone subs in my room. 6 RBH SV1212NR is good enough for me. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn’t know ADTG watched tv with sunglasses!! He never mentioned it. :oops::)

I do like simple Plug and play. I like The K-scape. Lately I’ve been getting upset at having to pay to watch movies by renting even though I have subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. Always seems like what I want to watch I have to rent. Might as well buy it…
I have active subscriptions (paying for) to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO Max. My wife and kids use them. But I don’t ever use them. Funny, isn’t it? :D

It’s because I am so cool like Cory Hart and I wear my sunglasses at night so I can... :cool:

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Considering in the future moving the JVC to the family room but not sure how that will wore. Kind of a bright room…
For brighter rooms you need one of those Epson pro 4K Laser projectors that are 6000-10,000 Lumen. They’re like the new Epson LS12000 PJ, except much brighter. :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m remodeling the house so moving a few things around. That includes moving a certain receiver to run the Master bedroom, pool area and the family room. That‘s where the new speakers will come in, after adding 2 more to the theater room to make it a 7.6.4. ;)

I know that RBH was getting a Trinnov to use with the SVTRS. ;)
Todd Stewart said they have a 16CH AVP loaner from Trinnov.

For 16CH, might as well be 9.6.6 and get another 2% improvement. :D

Never ends until you have spent way too damn much. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis