RBH Sound Owner's Thread

C

CoryW

Audioholic
3 Noesis 210RT towers for the front stage
4 Noesis 110HT for surrounds
2 Noesis 210RT Towers for rear surrounds
4 Noesis 110HT-SL for atmos on ceiling

That will be a long ways off I still have upgrades in the home theater itself to do starting off with purchasing a 3rd sub

That will be a long ways off I still have upgrades in the home theater itself to do starting off with purchasing a 3rd sub

I had the same issue. I was debating between JTR or RBH for next home theater build. I've settled on the RBH SI-831R's. I think i'm going to install 7 of them. Three behind the screen, two for sides and two for surrounds. Then just get four nice RBH Atmos speakers to finish the room off. I am thinking of getting a couple of JTR Captivator 4000 subwoofers to add to the build. I think two will get the job done.

I will be going to demo the SI-6100R here in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear what they sound like. I'm not sure I would get to listen to some JTR speakers since nobody in my neck of the woods has them. All I've seen over the internet in forums regarding them are all positive reviews.

Which JTR model would you go with for your upgrade?
I had the same issue. I was debating between JTR or RBH for next home theater build. I've settled on the RBH SI-831R's. I think i'm going to install 7 of them. Three behind the screen, two for sides and two for surrounds. Then just get four nice RBH Atmos speakers to finish the room off. I am thinking of getting a couple of JTR Captivator 4000 subwoofers to add to the build. I think two will get the job done.

I will be going to demo the SI-6100R here in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear what they sound like. I'm not sure I would get to listen to some JTR speakers since nobody in my neck of the woods has them. All I've seen over the internet in forums regarding them are all positive reviews.

Which JTR model would you go with for your upgrade?
I am excited for you. Your go to love the 831. I would have them, but they had a T1 pair far to cheap to pass up. I already had the subs so it made sense.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Hahaha. You guys crack me up. Gonna hang out with Danzilla this weekend to play with his beastly SVS subs paired with my mighty RBH SV-1212P/R. Will report back whether or not we were able to induce any pants pooping vis a vis this epic subwoofer showdown.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hahaha. You guys crack me up. Gonna hang out with Danzilla this weekend to play with his beastly SVS subs paired with my mighty RBH SV-1212P/R. Will report back whether or not we were able to induce any pants pooping vis a vis this epic subwoofer showdown.

This is like if Marvel and DC were to join forces for the ultimate epic super hero team!!!! o_O :eek:o_Oo_O:eek::D

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I think I just peed a little by the thought of this battle. My bet is on the RBH. I’ve got two stacks of their little 10” reference monsters. Big badda Boooom.

all hale woofer
While I'm partial to RBH subs, I don't know if it's going to so much of a competition but perhaps more of a tag-team super combo. Kind of like a real life Infinity War! If weak bass is the enemy, RBH and SVS shall combine their powers of good to overcome all inferior audio.

I think all the Bose Lifestyles systems in the neighborhood are all about to short-circuit themselves as they sense the raw power of Dan's system overwhelm them. I better give the local utility company a heads up that there may be a brief brownout if we queue up Edge of Tomorrow, Transformers, or San Andreas.

Hench4Life

Hench4Life

Junior Audioholic
Hi, first post from longtime lurker - but hope to be a periodic nuisance.

I'll be asking about opinions speakers elsewhere, but I've been looking recently. RBH has always piqued my interest, although it's been several years since I've heard them but always liked what I heard. Anyway - today I noticed they've just discontinued a huge swath of their line.

Does anyone know what gives? Some of those models weren't very old at all. I had been looking at the SV6500R I believe. Doesn't give me the warm and squishies about their stability. Or are they updating their site and missed a bunch of product?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I'll be asking about opinions speakers elsewhere, but I've been looking recently. RBH has always piqued my interest, although it's been several years since I've heard them but always liked what I heard. Anyway - today I noticed they've just discontinued a huge swath of their line.

Does anyone know what gives? Some of those models weren't very old at all. I had been looking at the SV6500R I believe. Doesn't give me the warm and squishies about their stability. Or are they updating their site and missed a bunch of product?
Hench4Life welcome to the Thunder Dome! to answer your question about RBH speakers, I believe they are just going in a different direction with their signature line and potential other speaker lineups. I do believe the last time Gene (from Audioholics) spoke with their main rep he said they have more new models coming this year. As we can see the SVTR series is being added and more to come with that line. I don't have any specifics, just what I see or hear from youtubes and other posts.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

RBH is coming out with a new line to replace the SV line, which replaced the SX line a few years ago, which replaced another older line, etc.

It seems like all companies feel like they have to come out with new lines every few years.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic

I've been working with them for half a decade now. Let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about. While there are lots of moving pieces they have to work with (ie technology advancements, supply chain stuff, logistics, etc.), they are by and far the best company I've dealt with when it comes to support. You can seriously ask them questions about an ancient speaker of theirs and they'll be there for you. Heck, they might even be able to help you replace a driver for said old speaker.

Their product line does change with some frequency, but that's par for the course. If you saw the "laboratory" over there at their HQ, you'd see how they're always striving for perfection. BTW, they are super awesome to visitors and you can meet all the crew over there.

NOTHING like working with some of my other partners, cough cough... Sony... cough cough... where you're lucky to ever get any answers about anything.

Now, the above examples of great customer service are also true for MANY of our favorite smaller loudspeaker companies, but it's also why I've come to love RBH so much. Great outfit and are still my go-to for most my loudspeaker needs personally.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think I just peed a little by the thought of this battle. My bet is on the RBH. I’ve got two stacks of their little 10” reference monsters. Big badda Boooom.

all hale woofer
Hah hah definetly not going to battle were going to integrate them and see what happens when all 3 are blasting away at that room!!!! Super stoked!!!!! We will post pics and giv you guys our impressions and experiences on this thread!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I better give the local utility company a heads up that there may be a brief brown-out if we queue up Edge of Tomorrow, Transformers, or San Andreas.
Not sure what the local utility has to do with it!
I'm thinking picking up some Depends is more the order of the day!
... but whatever works for you.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what the local utility has to do with it!
I'm thinking picking up some Depends is more the order of the day!
... but whatever works for you.
Check it out KEW were going to give the utility workers depends as well as our neighbors and well everyone for when we set this party off!

It's going to be one big brownie of a day!

Hench4Life

Hench4Life

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the update! I figured you'd have a better finger on the pulse of RBH than I would. At the moment I've moved to a new place (again), and am hoping to get all of my gear/software back from Satan my ex in the next month or so. Currently I have Thiels, but I think they're going to need some serious TLC after 25 years, and not sure they're going to work in the new space even if firing on all cylinders.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Damn @Montucky why is tommorow so far away? This is going to be the longest day at work of my LIFE!!!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What movie scenes are you going to try with the additional sub?
Blade runner 2049 Alita Battle Angel Man of steel more for the 30hz punch and above on that one there's a couple more I want to try

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Blade runner 2049 Alita Battle Angel Man of steel more for the 30hz punch and above on that one there's a couple more I want to try
Have to do chapter 4 on DVD version(NOT 30hz Filtered BD) of master and commander. Have to! This is still one if the best. It will send shudders through the studs in your walls.

Hacksaw ridge(can’t remember chapter) goes super low, and had an amazing Atmos track.

Midway. Damn! This is mostly a 30hz track but does go deeper. It’s loud AF and has action from stem to stern.

Of course Mad max fury road is a bass fest.

Aquaman is crazy. Godzilla king of monsterS,not super deep but super well done bass.

The first TMNT has a lot of nicely textured bass and a pretty good Atmos track.

A few of the top of my head.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Have to do chapter 4 on DVD version(NOT 30hz Filtered BD) of master and commander. Have to! This is still one if the best. It will send shudders through the studs in your walls.

Hacksaw ridge(can’t remember chapter) goes super low, and had an amazing Atmos track.

Midway. Damn! This is mostly a 30hz track but does go deeper. It’s loud AF and has action from stem to stern.

Of course Mad max fury road is a bass fest.

Aquaman is crazy. Godzilla king of monsterS,not super deep but super well done bass.

The first TMNT has a lot of nicely textured bass and a pretty good Atmos track.

A few of the top of my head.
Thanks!!!! if any of you other fellas have suggestions I'm taking them lol

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Thanks!!!! if any of you other fellas have suggestions I'm taking them lol

Don't forget about the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow. The opening sequence of Spectre is good. Just a couple to add to the list.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis