RBH Sound Owner's Thread

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Get out of here bro this is a sign from the audio gods

I'm in San Antonio as well I'll PM you in a little while I don't know if I can pass this up

I have 2 SVS PB 4000s in the theater room I think by looking at the tests specs (I was going to buy a 3rd sub) I believe I can get all 3 to play together the third one will be set up more near field I was going to need a mini dsp anyway no matter what I bought the AVM 60 doesn't see multiple subs this one actually will be the near field sub

I had been leaning toward a 3rd PC 4000 but there like 40 Damn inches tall this could work out perfect I don't think I can turn a deal like this down

Do you have any objection if we begin dialoging if I were to come out and take a look at it?
That is too crazy! It is DEFINITELY fate we're both in SA. Hahaha. I've never A/B'd the RBH versus the SVS, but with PB4000's, you're no stranger to big output! I'm a HUGE fan of the SV-1212, but it is different than the SVS. I was an SVS dealer as well, so I'm a fan of both for sure, but they are definitely different beasts. I do think you'll get great results from bringing the RBH into the mix with your intended purposes in mind. That'll be one epic setup! Holy smokes!!! o_O

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That is too crazy! It is DEFINITELY fate we're both in SA. Hahaha. I've never A/B'd the RBH versus the SVS, but with PB4000's, you're no stranger to big output! I'm a HUGE fan of the SV-1212, but it is different than the SVS. I was an SVS dealer as well, so I'm a fan of both for sure, but they are definitely different beasts. I do think you'll get great results from bringing the RBH into the mix with your intended purposes in mind. That'll be one epic setup! Holy smokes!!! o_O
Yeah I'm super stoked I'm really looking forward to seeing and knowing a fellow audioholic in my town

And I'm really looking forward to your impressions and any advice on my theater room and feedback would be appreciated from a fellow member especially one who can see it in person!

Look forward to getting in touch with you!

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Yeah I'm super stoked I'm really looking forward to seeing and knowing a fellow audioholic in my town

And I'm really looking forward to your impressions and any advice on my theater room and feedback would be appreciated from a fellow member especially one who can see it in person!

Look forward to getting in touch with you!
Since you're in the same town and all, I'd say an in-home audition is in order! I'll gladly bring it over so you can check it out first and see what you think. We just better make sure your foundation and roof is still intact after a demo, though. lol. 2 x PB-4000s + an SV-1212P/R?! Hope your breaker has enough amps for that much powah!!!

Fellow forum members, be jealous. Be VERY jealous of Danzilla's future Godzilla combo.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Since you're in the same town and all, I'd say an in-home audition is in order! I'll gladly bring it over so you can check it out first and see what you think. We just better make sure your foundation and roof is still intact after a demo, though. lol. 2 x PB-4000s + an SV-1212P/R?! Hope your breaker has enough amps for that much powah!!!

Fellow forum members, be jealous. Be VERY jealous of Danzilla's future Godzilla combo.
That sounds great I need to pick up an xlr for cable since it only accepts xlr any suggestions on which to buy?

I'm off this weekend so if you want to set it up for this weekend I'm down. I also think it might be cool if we post on this thread and maybe a new thread some pictures and our experiences for the members

Dude I'm super stoked for this let me know if this weekend is good and if you need any help bringing it over I have a truck and I know its a beast Id be totally willing to drive over to your spot and help you bring it over here!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Oh and I got the breakers I had 4 dedicated 20 amp breakers installed one isn't being used that's the one this beast is plugging into!

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I have to wonder about the influence of print magazines vs and online magazine in terms of product exposure and increasing product sales. If I was a home audio equipment manufacturer, where is my advertising dollars best spent? Unless I were aiming at a 70+ year old audience, I don't think I would spend it on a print magazine. I know we are both really biased in our perspectives here, but honestly, as a would-be manufacturer, I would be advertising in publications that get top google search hits for reviews. That is very likely how people are deciding their purchases for audio equipment that they can't just buy on a whim. They are going to google that stuff and look at first page hit results, for better or worse.
You are correct. As for the large audio magazines, You get your product written up depending on the volume of advertising your paying.

I believe that this site is one of the most unbiased I’ve seen. I firmly believe that we’re a manufacturer to put forth an inferior product, they would be skinned alive. If you see a lot of positive reviews for any particular vendor, it’s because they put forth a solid product.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So, um...

Brother can you spare a dime? 50,000 dimes, maybe?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve owned and own dozens of RBH from 25 year old 816, TK series, MC, Classic, SV and SX. Most of this took place over the last two years or so. My current systems consist of SX-T2/R with other SX reference speakers for the other channels. My bedroom 5.2 is smaller SV61/R. I’ve got 40 years in this hobby. This is the most neutral and accurate speakers I’ve ever owned. For value, you get more bang for your buck with them.
That's awesome I built the theater and I think when I go with a speaker upgrade my heart has decided on JTR I love me some big dynamic sensitive horn loaded speakers for home theater and I think there what I'm looking for but I really am impressed with RBH

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
That's awesome I built the theater and I think when I go with a speaker upgrade my heart has decided on JTR I love me some big dynamic sensitive horn loaded speakers for home theater and I think there what I'm looking for but I really am impressed with RBH
I had the same issue. I was debating between JTR or RBH for next home theater build. I've settled on the RBH SI-831R's. I think i'm going to install 7 of them. Three behind the screen, two for sides and two for surrounds. Then just get four nice RBH Atmos speakers to finish the room off. I am thinking of getting a couple of JTR Captivator 4000 subwoofers to add to the build. I think two will get the job done.

I will be going to demo the SI-6100R here in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear what they sound like. I'm not sure I would get to listen to some JTR speakers since nobody in my neck of the woods has them. All I've seen over the internet in forums regarding them are all positive reviews.

Which JTR model would you go with for your upgrade?

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Is this not the greatest hobby out there? It’s like an ice cream shop with a few hundred thousand flavors. They are all a bit different, but each flavor is wonderful. But the cheap and shoddy taste like crap.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had the same issue. I was debating between JTR or RBH for next home theater build. I've settled on the RBH SI-831R's. I think i'm going to install 7 of them. Three behind the screen, two for sides and two for surrounds. Then just get four nice RBH Atmos speakers to finish the room off. I am thinking of getting a couple of JTR Captivator 4000 subwoofers to add to the build. I think two will get the job done.

I will be going to demo the SI-6100R here in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear what they sound like. I'm not sure I would get to listen to some JTR speakers since nobody in my neck of the woods has them. All I've seen over the internet in forums regarding them are all positive reviews.

Which JTR model would you go with for your upgrade?
3 Noesis 210RT towers for the front stage
4 Noesis 110HT for surrounds
2 Noesis 210RT Towers for rear surrounds
4 Noesis 110HT-SL for atmos on ceiling

That will be a long ways off I still have upgrades in the home theater itself to do starting off with purchasing a 3rd sub

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is this not the greatest hobby out there? It’s like an ice cream shop with a few hundred thousand flavors. They are all a bit different, but each flavor is wonderful. But the cheap and shoddy taste like crap.
Or like pizza like when I was a kid in Kansas and I thought pizza hut was the bomb until I got to try real pizza and could never go back!
This is absolutely the greatest hobby I'm a hopeless audioholic

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Or like pizza like when I was a kid in Kansas and I thought pizza hut was the bomb until I got to try real pizza and could never go back!
This is absolutely the greatest hobby I'm a hopeless audioholic
There is no cure LOL :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
3 Noesis 210RT towers for the front stage
4 Noesis 110HT for surrounds
2 Noesis 210RT Towers for rear surrounds
4 Noesis 110HT-SL for atmos on ceiling

That will be a long ways off I still have upgrades in the home theater itself to do starting off with purchasing a 3rd sub
That would be one hell of a setup. I suppose you would put a few Captivator 4000's in there for good measure?

I see JTR is bringing the height speakers back. Damn, now I'm really considering going down the JTR route.....

Hmmm, maybe two home theaters will have to happen. RBH theater and JTR theater. Not sure the wife will approve, but one can dream.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That would be one hell of a setup. I suppose you would put a few Captivator 4000's in there for good measure?

I see JTR is bringing the height speakers back. Damn, now I'm really considering going down the JTR route.....

Hmmm, maybe two home theaters will have to happen. RBH theater and JTR theater. Not sure the wife will approve, but one can dream.
Nothing wrong with dreaming I have 2 SVS PB 4000's and am undoubghtedly going to buy the RBH PR1212 that me and Montucky are going to hook up and try out in there this weekend

So for bass right now I'll be covered By the time I'm ready to roll with the JTR purchase who knows a couple JTR subs might well be in order

I've never experienced true 10hz extension would like to experience once in my lifetime Lol

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Nothing wrong with dreaming I have 2 SVS PB 4000's and am undoubghtedly going to buy the RBH PR1212 that me and Montucky are going to hook up and try out in there this weekend

So for bass right now I'll be covered By the time I'm ready to roll with the JTR purchase who knows a couple JTR subs might well be in order

I've never experienced true 10hz extension would like to experience once in my lifetime Lol
Watch out! My fear is that true 10 Hz could be the dreaded "brown note." Well, at least it could be for me if I ever hit that at reference in my home. And maybe my dog too.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Watch out! My fear is that true 10 Hz could be the dreaded "brown note." Well, at least it could be for me if I ever hit that at reference in my home. And maybe my dog too.
Only true audioholics would want so much bass we'd sh@$!t our pants! I love it!!! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis