RBH Sound Owner's Thread

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Are you going to return it and get the Reference for $50 more? :D
I just looked at the dimensions. It's a bit to tall so I'll just keep the smaller one. I am looking forward to getting the whole new system up and running in the next week.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just looked at the dimensions. It's a bit to tall so I'll just keep the smaller one. I am looking forward to getting the whole new system up and running in the next week.
What's the whole new system? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Its for a small den. HT set up. Marantz AVR. Oppo UDP-203. RBH towers and center. Martin Logan sub.
3.1 set up for TV and movies. May get the rear speakers later on.
So 1 for HT and 1 for 2Ch music.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
So 1 for HT and 1 for 2Ch music.
The music system has been moved to my bedroom. It's a rather large room that has good acoustics. I will most likely use the HT set up in the den for music too since it's a really nice room like a cave. We bought an older home and fixed it up so I have a lot of different rooms I could use.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Picture of ParadigmDawg's new RBH SI-1010/P ($2,286 MSRP) 500-watts DSP Powered In-Ceiling Subwoofer with the A/C Vent cover.

I wish the air vents in my house had SI-1010/P subs up there. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The music system has been moved to my bedroom. It's a rather large room that has good acoustics. I will most likely use the HT set up in the den for music too since it's a really nice room like a cave. We bought an older home and fixed it up so I have a lot of different rooms I could use.
Plenty of good excuses to buy new toys. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I need to take some pictures of my RBH in-ceiling speakers (6 pairs of 8" speakers, A-815 & VA-815) and outdoor speakers (MC-6AW).

I finally go around to hooking them up.

The MC-6AW is in the Rear Porch. It is hooked up to the Second Zone Amp of the Denon AVR-X3100. I can stream music from my iPad to the AirPlay to the Second Zone and Main Zone, or different sources for each zone.

Played Eagles' Hotel California (Hell Freezes Over) and cranked up the Volume. Hope the neighbors didn't mind (these are 1.33 acre lots). :D

I have to admit. I always heard that in-walls, in-ceilings, and especially OUTDOOR speakers are not very good.

But Hotel California and Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Moricone sounded fantastic!:D

The midrange and treble were very clear, which was expected. But I was really surprised how good the BASS sounded from 6.5" Outdoor speakers!!!! :D

SI-1010/P subwoofer would have been awesome for my rear porch ceiling, but I can live with the bass output of the MC-6AW.

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Hey guys.
So I got my entire new AVR system up and running. To be honest this system with DVD audio is the best sounding audio I have ever heard. I never had a player in the past that would play DVD Audio. It's something else. With that said movies are a little different. I ran all the calibrations and I am having trouble hearing the voices out of the center channel. The surround is just too dynamic and loud compared to voice. Is this just normal with how they mix the sound on BD? It's not so bad with DVD but still an issue. With some Blue rays disc it's just bad. Surround is huge and voice is quiet. I have to keep my hand on the remote and turn it up and down depending on the scene. Any help or suggestions/

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey guys.
So I got my entire new AVR system up and running. To be honest this system with DVD audio is the best sounding audio I have ever heard. I never had a player in the past that would play DVD Audio. It's something else. With that said movies are a little different. I ran all the calibrations and I am having trouble hearing the voices out of the center channel. The surround is just too dynamic and loud compared to voice. Is this just normal with how they mix the sound on BD? It's not so bad with DVD but still an issue. With some Blue rays disc it's just bad. Surround is huge and voice is quiet. I have to keep my hand on the remote and turn it up and down depending on the scene. Any help or suggestions/
Even after you run Audyssey, I would still Increase the Center Speaker Channel Level by 3 or 4 dB.

If the surround sound is overpowering, I would cut the Surround Speaker Channel Levels by 1 to 3 dB.

This is one reason I do not like having too many surround speakers. The CENTER is salient for dialogue, not the surround speakers. Can you imagine having 8 surround speakers? :D

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Even after you run Audyssey, I would still Increase the Center Speaker Channel Level by 3 or 4 dB.

If the surround sound is overpowering, I would cut the Surround Speaker Channel Levels by 1 to 3 dB.

This is one reason I do not like having too many surround speakers. The CENTER is salient for dialogue, not the surround speakers. Can you imagine having 8 surround speakers? :D
Right
So I checked last night. I can adjust speaker distance but couldn't find volume level on this Marantz. Strange. Is there maybe no adjustment with this Marantz?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Right
So I checked last night. I can adjust speaker distance but couldn't find volume level on this Marantz. Strange. Is there maybe no adjustment with this Marantz?
No Speaker Channel Level adjustments?

I've only owned Denon, but I would think Marantz AVR are the same.

Even the bottom of the line Denon AVR has Speaker Channel Level adjustments.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah there in there. I've used a 7005 and you have to know where to look. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Oh yeah, what avr?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Marantz NR1506 AVR

Audio -- Dialogue Level -- Adjustment -- On -- from -12.0 to +12.0.

LandonD

LandonD

Audiophyte
Picked up a pair of towers for my upstairs living room and a sub for the theater in the basement a while ago. The new SV-6500/R are pretty impressive with some power behind them. The AMT tweeter definitely has a different character than the 9500's in my theater system. I'd be curious to demo them with some MA Platinums to hear the difference between the highs.
The SV-1212N/R on the other hand, is a monster... I'm running it bridged on a Crown XLS-2502 and I can run the amp into clipping before the sub really shows any signs of distortion. Its 100 lbs of fun, for sure!
IMG_1242.JPG.jpeg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up a pair of towers for my upstairs living room and a sub for the theater in the basement a while ago. The new SV-6500/R are pretty impressive with some power behind them. The AMT tweeter definitely has a different character than the 9500's in my theater system. I'd be curious to demo them with some MA Platinums to hear the difference between the highs.
The SV-1212N/R on the other hand, is a monster... I'm running it bridged on a Crown XLS-2502 and I can run the amp into clipping before the sub really shows any signs of distortion. Its 100 lbs of fun, for sure!
View attachment 20529
Nice. Congrats!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got my new RBH SVT towers in my 22'x23'x13' living room.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Wow!!! Those look great. How do the new Ribbons sound on these??

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice. I love the way they're in separate modules. I'd love to give them a listen.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow!!! Those look great. How do the new Ribbons sound on these??
I used to own the Phil3 for a couple of years, so I have heard the RAAL tweeter.

I was a little nervous about the AMT tweeter. But as soon as it played the music, any worries were put to rest. The details were amazing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis