RBH Sound 21" Monster 4kwatt Sub First to Meet our Maximus Bassaholic Rating!

A

AMLOR

Audiophyte
Link to the recommended external amp:

DA-2602DSP | RBH Sound

It's 2,600 watts RMS (4,000 peak). Recommend JL revise to limit the marketing. Not sure how the external amp is line powered (no picture and not in spec)? Guessing (2) C14 or (2) C20 inputs on the back? If it only has a single C20, it can't really do 2,600 watts RMS on a standard 120 VAC line, regardless of the size of the (2) Class D modules. You'd need a special 240V circuit and cord: L6-20P to C19 to get the input power for 2,600 watts.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Link to the recommended external amp:

DA-2602DSP | RBH Sound

It's 2,600 watts RMS (4,000 peak). Recommend JL revise to limit the marketing. Not sure how the external amp is line powered (no picture and not in spec)? Guessing (2) C14 or (2) C20 inputs on the back? If it only has a single C20, it can't really do 2,600 watts RMS on a standard 120 VAC line, regardless of the size of the (2) Class D modules. You'd need a special 240V circuit and cord: L6-20P to C19 to get the input power for 2,600 watts.
Actually I measured the DA2602 on a 120V/20A dedicated line and got 1.1 kwatt x 2, 8 ohms and 2.2 kwatt at 4 ohms. It likely will deliver 4kwatt into 4 ohms on 220V.

DA2602-8ohm.jpg

DA2602-4ohm.jpg

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Thus thread is a wild ride of great discussion mixed with some hilarious concerns :D feeling your eyeballs vibrate from bass is awesome and I'll die young to experience it!

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
Is that like saying "If you buy a $110K Lexus, you're stupid because you could have gotten a much cheaper vehicle"?

And people who buy $20K+ speakers are also stupid because they should have gotten $2K speakers?

And you think you are smarter than they are since you are calling them stupid?

I mean, personally, I think 21" and 330 LBS is too much for me. But there is a system for everyone.

@Shane Rich, do you have any plans for an 18" Sub (18N-SF/R) that weighs 100 LBS ? :D
This sub is ridiculous from every perspective. Sorry you can’t comprehend that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This sub is ridiculous from every perspective. Sorry you can’t comprehend that.
Oh, I completely understand that the RBH 21” sub is ridiculously utterly OVERKILL performance.

As I’ve said before, I don’t NEED this sub.

But at the same time, I also UNDERSTAND that some guys welcome ridiculously utterly OVERKILL.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not easy to move an 151 kg subwoofer around. :oops:
Just rent a forklift for the day :D

On a more serious note, since RBH operates through more traditional retail channels, I would imagine that would be the dealer’s problem to get everything installed and set up properly. No point getting a 10k subwoofer to half-ass it. Let the pros do their jobs, and enjoy the results.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't believe you. :)
I mean that I can’t move 330 pounds all by myself unless it comes with wheels.:D

Hey, maybe RBH can include a custom made stand with wheels for this 21” 330 lbs sub. Roll this monster out of the wooden crate and into my HT room. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I mean that I can’t move 330 pounds all by myself unless it comes with wheels.:D

Hey, maybe RBH can include a custom made stand with wheels for this 21” 330 lbs sub. Roll this monster out of the wooden crate and into my HT room. ;)
You get three crates delivered...
One is the Sub, the other two come with Vito and Mutombo who will position the Sub for you, break down the crates, then go home.
From what I understand, shipping three 300+ lb crates can be a little prohibitive.

Also, Vito is said to have a slight body odor issue after traveling freight for a few days. So there's that to consider... *shrugs

o_O :p

:cool:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How about dual JTR 4000ULF vs this one?
Strangely, I have seen many folk "move on" from JTR, looking for something else. I've not experienced them and will not guess to motivation. It does raise an interesting question, however. *shrugs

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Strangely, I have seen many folk "move on" from JTR, looking for something else. I've not experienced them and will not guess to motivation. It does raise an interesting question, however. *shrugs
I just had a guy sell 2 here in San Antonio he has bought 4 of the JTR. The number one reason Ive heard from a lot of the guys that are selling them other then how huge they are is they just are too much for their room. They work too well

N

Nondemo01

Junior Audioholic
Awesome review! Thanks Gene. BTW, you've ruined me. Just when I think I find someone on YouTube that reviews audio/video equipment, they say something dumb like "cables CAN alter the sound of your system". Yikes. I fall victim to marketing like everyone can but cables "sounding different" is a stretch. Also, how am I gonna get you off BMW to Lexus and Shane from Rolex to Grand Seiko? Lol. First world problems!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Awesome review! Thanks Gene. BTW, you've ruined me. Just when I think I find someone on YouTube that reviews audio/video equipment, they say something dumb like "cables CAN alter the sound of your system". Yikes. I fall victim to marketing like everyone can but cables "sounding different" is a stretch. Also, how am I gonna get you off BMW to Lexus and Shane from Rolex to Grand Seiko? Lol. First world problems!
I had a Lexus IS350F before I got my M240i. While I love the comfort of the Lexus, the BMW just drives so much sportier. I also just got an X5 for the family SUV and I prefer how it rides compared to the Lexus RX350. I don't see another Lexus in my near future.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis