Ray Super Remote Product Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In this digital age of convenience simplicity is a necessity, especially when it comes to A/V devices. Over 20 years ago there was a surge in remote controlled A/V devices that spawned the development of universal remotes. To this day universal remotes physical size remained pretty constant from generation to generation.

Enter the Ray Super Remote. A "smart" remote in a more civilized time of smart phones, iPods, and tablets. The Ray Super Remote promises the end-user the control of their devices, even their home security, with a simple touch or swipe of their finger.

Read: Ray Super Remote Product Preview

Are you tired of "universal" remote controls being so difficult to program or operate? Share your solutions to this quandary and let us know what you think about the Ray solution.

G

gehav

Audiophyte
I don't really understand the transition to touch screen remote controls. I am currently using a Logitech Harmony 900 which offers both tactile buttons and a small touch screen.

While I like the versatility of the touch screen I really need some of the buttons to be "normal" old school keys.

In a typical TV viewing situation I am very glad that I can control many of the functions on my remote without looking at it and couldn't imagine having to use a touch screen for them...

But maybe as a mid-thirties tech user I am already getting to old for today's tech world :)

B

bigd

Audiophyte
This device appears to have a 90 day warranty.
I thought 12 months was the minimum for electronic devices.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis