problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I said limiting, which it does. Secure legitmacy more than the current system? Meh. It hopefully will piss off the people they're trying to throw roadblocks to and vote the numbnuts out of office that helped pass this piece of poop bill. Figures you and John would think it's great, tho.
So, who, exactly, is it limiting?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
It's amazing that so many think the US sucks, but people from just about every country on the planet want to come here.
The largest chunks of folks immigrating to the U.S. come from the Americas and Asia, hardly the whole planet. U.S. has its good points, but not everyone is interested.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That is a different statement from "sympathy for people who are desperate enough to try to get to the US by any possible means". They have two different meanings.
Man, people steadfastly refuse to read what you wrote when they quote you.:D

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, I have, several times as this is thread is not my first go 'round on the actual contents of the bill (it's kind of old news ). Did you? The actual bill, that is, not someone's skewed translation of it. So, if you have indeed read it and can point to specific restrictions to any voters based racial or economic demographics (as is the usual critique and I am assuming you are coming at it from the same angle) I would certainly like to hear it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, I have, several times as this is thread is not my first go 'round on the actual contents of the bill (it's kind of old news ). Did you? The actual bill, that is, not someone's skewed translation of it. So, if you have indeed read it and can point to specific restrictions to any voters based racial or economic demographics (as is the usual critique and I am assuming you are coming at it from the same angle) I would certainly like to hear it.
I didn't say racial or economic demographics, altho that's in play. It simply limits voting efforts and likely needlessly except as a knee jerk (concentrated on jerk) reaction to the republican election lies....

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't say racial or economic demographics, altho that's in play. It simply limits voting efforts and likely needlessly except as a knee jerk (concentrated on jerk) reaction to the republican election lies....
K.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You really missed the racism part behind the “Reverse Freedom Rides”.
No, I was trying to point out that not all transport of Southern Blacks was due to racism- most came here because the area had opportunities that didn't exist in the South.

highfigh

highfigh

Once again you want them go ahead and step up. Try to handle what we deal with here since Biden created this poop show. Until I see Northern States doing it they can shut up about it. If these states are so HUMANE then you should be happy with them being shipped to you. Its the humane thing to do.

Its like climate control. Democrat politicians preach and preach and preach. But offer no practical solutions. Until they do just shut up about it.

If Biden and Northern States care so much about our so called lack of humane treatment of dealing with these individuals then step up with the right policies and start taking them in. But I'll believe it when I see it.
The migrants go wherever they can, where they have friends and family or opportunity. We have lots of them in MKE & Wisconsin and they come for all kinds of reasons and in fact, the Hispanic population is more than four times what it was in 2010-

The state population is growing very slowly, as a whole. People are leaving in large numbers, in large part because of the high property tax and the COA isn't helping. Also, people are moving to other parts of the country, in order to retire in a place that's NOT called 'Winter Wonderland' and the 65+ age bracket has grown the most since 2010 but it would be interesting to see the difference between old pharts who left vs old pharts who stayed . Personally, I'll be hap-hap-happy to never need to shovel snow.

highfigh

highfigh

That is a different statement from "sympathy for people who are desperate enough to try to get to the US by any possible means". They have two different meanings.
What, in your opinion, are some of the main reasons that the countries people leave in order to seek asylum haven't tried to help their own population? Dictatorships, I understand but most of Central & South America has some kinds of natural resources that can be sold to other countries in order to bring in money, although I would bet the working conditions suck. I know the US buys a lot of produce from countries in Central America and a large amount of lumber comes from South America.

highfigh

highfigh

The largest chunks of folks immigrating to the U.S. come from the Americas and Asia, hardly the whole planet. U.S. has its good points, but not everyone is interested.
I don't know what you have been reading, but the number coming from the Middle East, Africa, South America and Eastern Europe may be higher than you think.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
How about voting "options" in Texas in general? Seems a lot of bullshit limiting of those trying to vote....
Did you mean Georgia? There was news quite a while back on reducing voting boxes, specifically black demographics since they overwhelmingly vote democrat. I thought it was claimed 'to restore voter confidence' but think it's to make it more difficult for democrats to vote.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
>>>A Texas county sheriff is opening a criminal investigation into flights that carried dozens of migrants to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, from Texas last week, an act that Florida's Republican governor took credit for and which the White House dubbed a political stunt.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said at a news conference on Monday that around 50 migrants were "lured under false pretences" on the streets of San Antonio, put up in a hotel, bused to planes and "stranded unceremoniously in Martha's Vineyard," a wealthy vacation island, "for nothing other than a photo op."<<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
>>>A Texas county sheriff is opening a criminal investigation into flights that carried dozens of migrants to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, from Texas last week, an act that Florida's Republican governor took credit for and which the White House dubbed a political stunt.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said at a news conference on Monday that around 50 migrants were "lured under false pretences" on the streets of San Antonio, put up in a hotel, bused to planes and "stranded unceremoniously in Martha's Vineyard," a wealthy vacation island, "for nothing other than a photo op."<<<

Republicans love that bully stuff, tho. They'll still score with their idiot adherents of wannabe tough guys even tho most are just such major wusses....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Some Republican candidates have a democratic problem.

>>>A dozen Republican candidates in competitive races for governor and Senate have declined to say whether they would accept the results of their contests, raising the prospect of fresh post-election chaos two years after Donald Trump refused to concede the presidency.

In a survey by The Washington Post of 19 of the most closely watched statewide races in the country, the contrast between Republican and Democratic candidates was stark. While seven GOP nominees committed to accepting the outcomes in their contests, 12 either refused to commit or declined to respond. On the Democratic side,all 19 nominees contacted by The Post said they would accept the outcome.<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis