problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's quite clear that the GOP are the hardliners on immigration - legal or illegal. There's a very simple way to drastically curtail the influx of undocumented workers - make it illegal to employ them, with penalties sufficient stiff to discourage taking that risk. However, employers like cheap labour and major employers have more political influence than the general populace. So, it won't happen. The hypocrisy breathtaking. And, I doubt it's just the GOP playing both sides of the question.
It's already illegal to employ people who aren't here legally and who don't haven't registered with Social Security, but it happens all of the time. Employers are sometimes arrested, usually fined.

Once again, people violate laws that already exist.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's already to employ people who aren't here legally and who don't haven't registered with Social Security, but it happens all of the time. Employers are sometimes arrested, usually fined.

Once again, people violate laws that already exist. Don't be so sure it's only Republicans.
Like another poster you failed to read @GO-NAD! last sentence in the post you quoted (bold added, etc): "And, I doubt it's just the GOP playing both sides of the question."

highfigh

highfigh

You do like to deflect and make straw men.

The article from July 2017 you linked to have nothing to do with a state sending immigrants unannounced to another part of the country for political points.

A lite tidbit for you: About 25% off the Swedish population is born outside Sweden or have parents born outside Sweden. Most of this increase to this level has been in the last twenty years our so.
Ooh- 2.5 million- that's less than the population of Chicago- Los Angeles County has about 9.8 million people and the link shows that the US has more undocumented people than the entire population of Sweden.

It's amazing that so many think the US sucks, but people from just about every country on the planet want to come here.

highfigh

highfigh

hey Joey, how's your 'Inflation Reduction Act' working out ??

I saw a sign with 'Low Price' above a shelf with Fritos- the bag was small and the price was $4.29.

Yeah, inflation is in the past, alright. Someone needs to hold a rear view mirror with 'Objects in the mirror are closer than they seem'.

highfigh

highfigh

Southern states lying to immigrants and sending them to northern states of similar to what was done in the sixties with “Reverse Freedom Rides” of Black people. I’m sure some posters here would condone that where it to occur today.

>>>The relocation of about 50 migrants from Texas to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, initiated this week by Florida's governor, has revived memories of strikingly similar tactics employed by southern segregationists 60 years ago.

In 1962, a group of conservatives, intent on retaliating against desegregation efforts during the civil rights movement, funded one-way trips to the north for Black citizens, in what they called "Reverse Freedom Rides."

Hundreds of Black Americans were transported to cities such as New York, Philadelphia and Chicago, recruited by members of a segregationist group called the White Citizens' Council, with false promises of jobs and housing.

One of the targeted destination points was Hyannis Port -- a village on the Cape Cod peninsula -- where the largest group of riders arrived in the spring of 1962 before they were provided temporary housing at Camp Edwards near Otis Air National Guard Base. …<<<

Are you going to look into all of the Southern Black people who went North on their own, looking for a way to escape what they had to suffer through? In the '50s and into the mid-'70s, manufacturing was in full swing in many cities and jobs were very often filled by these people.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Are you going to look into all of the Southern Black people who went North on their own, looking for a way to escape what they had to suffer through? In the '50s and into the mid-'70s, manufacturing was in full swing in many cities and jobs were very often filled by these people.
You really missed the racism part behind the “Reverse Freedom Rides”.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
NY and CA already have a larger population percentage wise than both FL and TX and way more than AZ. Sending people this way is no problem, but treat them like human beings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once again you want them go ahead and step up. Try to handle what we deal with here since Biden created this poop show. Until I see Northern States doing it they can shut up about it. If these states are so HUMANE then you should be happy with them being shipped to you. Its the humane thing to do.

Its like climate control. Democrat politicians preach and preach and preach. But offer no practical solutions. Until they do just shut up about it.

If Biden and Northern States care so much about our so called lack of humane treatment of dealing with these individuals then step up with the right policies and start taking them in. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Anybody watch Sleepy Joe's '60 Minutes' interview last night ?

here's a little conservative diatribe for the 'Dudes' viewing pleasure .............

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Here's the hilarious part on all this. In this thread I've heard NY and California have higher illegals then anywhere else we should send them there but treat them like human beings?

Man you can't even take care of your own constituents in these states. You can't even solve your homeless issues and your housing crises for even your middle class. And you sure as hell won't protect them with law and order

Our so called INHUMANE red States have to deal with your citizens running to us in droves since sh$t hit the fan in 2020? If we're so inhumane why are they moving here?

I'm actually not being an ahole with this I'm simply driving the point home that America is already stretched to the brink as it is. When you can't take care of your own you can't keep taking care of everyone coming in illegally.

Humane? the human thing is to enforce our borders and send them back. Send a message of deterence so that families don't waste they're entire life savings on some coyote that will take it all and dump them over here illegally with nothing. If he gets them across alive at all.

Here in San Antonio we just had an entire truckload of people found dead in the back. And the land to get here is filled with the skeletons of so many that have tried. That's not compassion to keep encouraging them to keep doing that. That's not humane at all. What is humane is to step up and enforce your borders.

No one is helping these individuals by encouraging them to break the law in coming over here

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Anybody watch Sleepy Joe's '60 Minutes' interview last night ?

here's a little conservative diatribe for the 'Dudes' viewing pleasure .............

I did note that President Biden's warning to Putin to not use nuclear or chemical in Ukraine was not one of the takeaways.

I, like so many other people not living in USA, are so very very lucky that the Putin loving Trump did not get re-elected. We and you got lucky as well in that the Trump coup failed, but unlucky as the MAGA fascists are in control of the Republican party.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is the biggest crock of sh$t the media is spinning right now Lovin. There are no issues registering to vote in Texas no restrictions. Nobody is running around going I can't vote.
Heck San Antonio, Austin, Houston, are all run by democrats right now.
So Senate Bill 7 didn't pass?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I did note that President Biden's warning to Putin to not use nuclear or chemical in Ukraine was not one of the takeaways.

I, like so many other people not living in USA, are so very very lucky that the Putin loving Trump did not get re-elected. We and you got lucky as well in that the Trump coup failed, but unlucky as the MAGA fascists are in control of the Republican party.
agreed but I remain hopeful that the radical side of the GOP will not prevail. Only time will tell.........

and again the Presidents office needed to do a little 'backpedaling' on this (again) ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Funny how a poster that regularly denigrates foreign members for living in USA as they "don't have boots on the ground" is so ignorant voting in his own state. Me, I'm just a dude living in Sweden and knows more than him. Go figure.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Here's the biggest takeaways I've gotten from this thread. Are the Republicans having issues. Oh yeah. Big time. Would have been interesting to see a rational discussion of those shortcomings and ideas to fix them.

But all I've seen is a bunch of liberals jumping on this thread and just circle jerking themselves about how dumb the right is and how stupid and hypocritical they are. But I never hear them holding there own party accountable for theyre own issues. And the Democratic party has GIGANTIC issues right now.

There is a reason you don't see threads talking about how great your policies are. I don't see threads pumping up the SAFE T act or The Inflation Reduction Act. I see radio silence. I don't see anyone on your side holding Biden and Harris accountable for they're bullcrap and there's plenty. Because deep down inside you KNOW these policies are crap.

You all are so scared of Trump possibly running again you'll go along with anything the established elite of your party cooks up as long as you can keep that scenario from happening. It doesn't matter how much some of these policies Biden and the established come up with damage the country. As long as that is kept from happening. You'll cut your nose off to spite your face.

Biden is YOUR Trump. You think Republicans really wanted Trump? Except for the MAGAS the rest of us got stuck with what we got. Nobody in your party wanted Biden. Hell Harris DESTROYED him in the debates for the presidency until she got DESTROYED by Tulsi herself.

You all got stuck with the default. A WHITE previously racist (keep them in the jungle) anybody remember that Biden? I sure do. That old established RHINO of your party like Pelosi. Who is the epitome of the white supremacist culture you maintain exists that you hate so much and want eradicated.

Man here's another peeve of of mine. Solution to college. Just forgive the debt. And make the rest of us pay for it. Instead of FIXING the problems that created that debt in the first place. And dont give me that jive that it's Republicans only. Democrats have had plenty of times in office with majorities to do something about that over the years. Your elites were just happy to go along with the staus quo as long as they're pockets got lined just like Republicans did.

So don't sit here and just bash on Republicans till I see you do the same to fix your own party's GLARING ISSUES. quit telling me how bad Trump is and how all Republicans must be racist MAGA supporters who don't love they're country while you try to convince me how great your party is when really your politicians are just the same crap on the other side

Quit p$ssing down my back and telling me it's raining.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
agreed but I remain hopeful that the radical side of the GOP will not prevail. Only time will tell.........
Agreed. They are really scary as an authoritarian USA would be so very damaging to liberal democracy all over the world.

and again the Presidents office needed to do a little 'backpedaling' on this (again) ;)
By now I'm thinking that his "gaffes" are intentional and planned.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I like those changes. They do secure election legitimacy. And they are not going to stop people from voting.

That way if Republicans get they're a$$es handed to them on stupid policy they'll have to look at what they're doing wrong instead of crying about rigged elections. That bill swings both ways Lovin. If Republicans lose they lost on bills passed on they're own policies. No excuses then.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like those changes. They do secure election legitimacy. And they are not going to stop people from voting.

That way if Republicans get they're a$$es handed to them on stupid policy they'll have to look at what they're doing wrong instead of crying about rigged elections. That bill swings both ways Lovin. If Republicans lose they lost on bills passed on they're own policies. No excuses then.
I said limiting, which it does. Secure legitmacy more than the current system? Meh. It hopefully will piss off the people they're trying to throw roadblocks to and vote the numbnuts out of office that helped pass this piece of poop bill. Figures you and John would think it's great, tho.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
o_O I know you're Canadian but 'sympathy for illegal entry' ?
That is a different statement from "sympathy for people who are desperate enough to try to get to the US by any possible means". They have two different meanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis