Prepurchase advice?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Okay, I have done a little more research on what I have. Apparently both the Paradigm DSP 3100 and the Pinnacle subwoofer I have are both mid 2000's design, and in addition were not the most expensive back in the day to boot. For what I was using, and the purchase in 2008 for the Paradigm, and the Pinnacle in 2009, both speakers did what I needed and were fine for what they are in the day. I did not realize that they were so old. I can get today from Best Buy the SB 2000 locally. To get anything else I would need to order directly from SVS itself. I have the sense that things have significantly changed and I was not aware of that. Some of the resistance I have is the old adage, if it works, don't try to fix it. I still have the same mentality, but with the failure of the DSP 3100 it would cost me as much to repair as buying a new SVS sub from Best Buy.

Note the price is the same I paid for the DSP 3100 in 2008!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's not particularly old and sub drivers/amps haven't changed particularly in the meantime. Some sub brands/models have seen improvements over the years in terms of using better drivers perhaps, tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I have done a little more research on what I have. Apparently both the Paradigm DSP 3100 and the Pinnacle subwoofer I have are both mid 2000's design, and in addition were not the most expensive back in the day to boot. For what I was using, and the purchase in 2008 for the Paradigm, and the Pinnacle in 2009, both speakers did what I needed and were fine for what they are in the day. I did not realize that they were so old. I can get today from Best Buy the SB 2000 locally. To get anything else I would need to order directly from SVS itself. I have the sense that things have significantly changed and I was not aware of that. Some of the resistance I have is the old adage, if it works, don't try to fix it. I still have the same mentality, but with the failure of the DSP 3100 it would cost me as much to repair as buying a new SVS sub from Best Buy.

Note the price is the same I paid for the DSP 3100 in 2008!
Can't go wrong with SVS, tho depending on your room size I would want at minimum 2 of those. Are you in the US? Bang for buck I think HSU is about as good as it gets. They make legit, clean powerful subs that sound great with music and HT.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis