Prepurchase advice?

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
SVS is probably our best bet up here. You can get Monolith on Amazon.ca but, who knows what happens should you need warranty and the pricing isn't great. Other options of course are Paradigm, Martin Logan, Totem Acoustics, and Funk. There may be more...

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
To throw into the mix, apparently now Paradigm, Martin Logan, and Anthem are held by the same holding company.....

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
To throw into the mix, apparently now Paradigm, Martin Logan, and Anthem are held by the same holding company.....
Yep, Para, Martin, and Anthem are built in the same Mississauga factory.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
Is it sufficient on its own, tho?
Depends on sub placement and your room I suppose. It probably works best in conjunction with another RC in an AVR. I am just getting started with REW and the new system(just got my mic a few days ago and barely know how to use REW). Here is a measurement from yesterday with my sub gain boosted 8db I believe from what XT32 set it at. That's running ARC first and then Audyssey. The three lines are the X12's DSP's(Movie/Music/Night)...

Sorry about the derail OP but, now you have a measurement of the X12's DSP's.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Depends I suppose. It probably works best in conjunction with another RC in an AVR. I am just getting started with REW and the new system(just got my mic a few days ago and barely know how to use REW). Here is a measurement from yesterday with my sub gain boosted 8db I believe from what XT32 set it at. That's running ARC first and then Audyssey. The three lines are the X12's DSP's(Movie/Music/Night)...
Not much to go on.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
Not much to go on.
If I remember I can get before and after measurements with and without ARC.

I would say it's correction is limited overall and most would be better served with a MiniDSP 2x4 HD(especially just to have full control). Mind you, I have not seen if ARC Generis adds any functionality. Either way, it definitely knocks down some peaks and nulls and is very easy to use with its included mic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I remember I can get before and after measurements with and without ARC.

I would say it's correction is limited overall and most would be better served with a MiniDSP 2x4 HD(especially just to have full control). Mind you, I have not seen if ARC Generis adds any functionality. Either way, it definitely knocks down some peaks and nulls and is very easy to use with its included mic.
I doubt you're getting actual post-dsp measurements, more likely a target but don't have Anthem Room Correction either so not sure. I'd think using a miniDSP unit prior to running ARC could yield improvements, tho.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
I doubt you're getting actual post-dsp measurements, more likely a target but don't have Anthem Room Correction either so not sure. I'd think using a miniDSP unit prior to running ARC could yield improvements, tho.
That is a screen caption from REW and the measurement was taken with my new Cross Spectrum Labs calibrated MiniDSP UMIK-1(definitely an actual measurement).

Yep, that's how I think it is best used(although I am not sure what order). I don't have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD yet but, have been running ARC on the individual subs then XT32. It's nice now as I can take measurements between each step and see what is going on.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
OP would like to see a little bit more on track with the original ideas. However the discussion is in scope of experience with a subwoofer. Given this I am happy to see how the subwoofer integrated with the setup it is used for. This is helping me with my decision.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is a screen caption from REW and the measurement was taken with my new Cross Spectrum Labs calibrated MiniDSP UMIK-1(definitely an actual measurement).

Yep, that's how I think it is best used(although I am not sure what order). I don't have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD yet but, have been running ARC on the individual subs then XT32. It's nice now as I can take measurements between each step and see what is going on.
Could be the best you can do with the tools at hand....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Given this I am happy to see how the subwoofer integrated with the setup it is used for. This is helping me with my decision.
Subs don't have to Timbre Match

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
OP would like to see a little bit more on track with the original ideas. However the discussion is in scope of experience with a subwoofer. Given this I am happy to see how the subwoofer integrated with the setup it is used for. This is helping me with my decision.
Sorry OP, feel free to ask whatever questions you'd like as I have 2 x X12's and a very similar Paradigm system to the one you talking about upgrading to(Premier).

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
Could be the best you can do with the tools at hand....
What the measurements? I should definitely be able to get them better as that was only 2 sessions working on it since I got the mic a few days ago and I haven't even messed with sub placement yet. It's pretty positive to see such a smooth response already though with so little work consider how bad the room is I am working with.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What the measurements? I should definitely be able to get them better as that was only 2 sessions working on it since I got the mic a few days ago and I haven't even messed with sub placement yet. It's pretty positive to see such a smooth response already though with so little work consider how bad the room is I am working with.
Keep going....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They used to be owned by a private equity firm, but they were purchased by their original owner earlier last year so they are privately held entities at the moment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis