mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Take a look at SVS if your able

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
To Mazersteven

How does the SVS product compare to the DSP-3100 that I have heard, and the Defiance x12? Which would you choose of their product and why? Have you worked with Paradigm product?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's somewhat expensive for what it is IMO. Why Paradigm particularly? Are you in Canada?

ps Might note that there was someone who had real difficulties in ordering direct from Paradigm due the services they contract to for payment IIRC.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
A2AB70C8-2295-42DC-9B89-A0A2516BEE3E.jpeg
272EF8B5-0F27-4E85-8778-9F207F2F70E4.png
3DC2F0C6-DF99-4983-8A15-6680EA8D280A.jpeg

And the Rythmik is cheapest, you should get two just in case

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The defiance subs seem to be pretty solid. Where are you located?
There are a lot of very quality Subs available in the US, but getting them in Canada or overseas can be daunting!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
To Mazersteven

How does the SVS product compare to the DSP-3100 that I have heard and the Defiance x12?

Which would you choose of their product and why?

Have you worked with Paradigm product?
Compared to the DSP-3100 pound for pound it's like Mike Tyson vs. You. Kicks its Ass. The Defiance is a nice sub and if I wasn't able to get an SVS I would strongly consider it a player vs other Big Box store Subs like Polk, Klipsch, ect.

SVS started out as a Subwoofer company. They have grown into a Sub and Speaker company. Their Subs have been some of the Best for years. Outstanding Build Quality, Quality Components, Outstanding Performance, and Great Customer Service.

Yes I have owned Paradigm Studio's before. Still do somewhere in Storage

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
btw: Paradigm and SVS PB3000 measured at 2m by James, so for the Rhythmic chart look at the right column.
In addition to SVS and Rythmic, I'd add it's worth considering HSU, Monoprice THX, and PSA.
All much more capable subs than Paradigm.

Also, just in case - You absolutely don't need to worry about brand matching sub and speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
And the Rythmik is cheapest, you should get two just in case
The Rythmik is the most expensive, and its pricing will get much worse than the other two if the purchase is made in Canada.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Note that I own the DSP 3100 now. I like the clean audio that the Paradigm speakers have given me. I am also upgrading to new paradigm speakers as I noted in another thread. That one is in the noob section where I introduce myself. Note also I am a former broadcast engineer and am not up on the audiophile scene. And I also have a Paradigm dealer close to me.

I also demand due to hearing loss, that faithful replication not loudness be the requirement. I do not want to be on the ragged edge but have decent equipment that can play equally instrumental classical to modern rock equally well with movies and other stuff thrown in for good measure.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Note that I own the DSP 3100 now. I like the clean audio that the Paradigm speakers have given me. I am also upgrading to new paradigm speakers as I noted in another thread. That one is in the noob section where I introduce myself. Note also I am a former broadcast engineer and am not up on the audiophile scene. And I also have a Paradigm dealer close to me.

I also demand due to hearing loss, that faithful replication not loudness be the requirement. I do not want to be on the ragged edge but have decent equipment that can play equally instrumental classical to modern rock equally well with movies and other stuff thrown in for good measure.
You ask for recommendations and advise and then question the advise given.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
You ask for recommendations and advise and then question the advise given.
You have given that. What I need is comparisons. Money here should be an indication if I am willing to pay for a X12, and that case is a good size fit for that space I have. Given that as an example of budget/size, what else is out there of similar quality or better within the same budgetary limits. Personal experience here means a lot.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
It's somewhat expensive for what it is IMO. Why Paradigm particularly? Are you in Canada?

ps Might note that there was someone who had real difficulties in ordering direct from Paradigm due the services they contract to for payment IIRC.
I live in the USA but have a Paradigm dealer close to me. I am familiar with Paradigm having used their equipment before.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I live in the USA but have a Paradigm dealer close to me. I am familiar with Paradigm having used their equipment before.
There are better priced alternatives IMO. No reason to have same brand as speakers as was mentioned.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
what else is out there of similar quality or better within the same budgetary limits. Personal experience here means a lot.
If your in the US or Canada, IMO Nothing beats SVS for all the things I've mentioned. Movies/Music the Performance is hard to beat.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd go Hsu before SVS myself for the value thing, altho SVS does offer a very nice customer service package if you want/need that....but you do pay for it to an extent.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
If your in the US or Canada, IMO Nothing beats SVS for all the things I've mentioned. Movies/Music the Performance is hard to beat.
Do you own SVS subwoofers? What model? Have you owned others? What have you found in how it balances with other speakers? Do you use the subwoofer in a surround sound application or is it stereo + woofer? How many years have you owned the speaker? Have you heard others? How did it compare to what you have owned?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I'd go Hsu before SVS myself for the value thing, altho SVS does offer a very nice customer service package if you want/need that....but you do pay for it to an extent.
In like manner, like I have asked Mazer, I ask you the following

Do you own Hsu subwoofers? What model? Have you owned others? What have you found in how it balances with other speakers? Do you use the subwoofer in a surround sound application or is it stereo + woofer? How many years have you owned the speaker? Have you heard others? How did it compare to what you have owned?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis