D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Just reading online. Most said to go to the first reflection points. I used a mirror as suggested.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I only placed them based on theories online. Of where they should go based on first reflections points. Also the room I maybe be too large to pressurize. I’m off center in the room. It very open design with kitchen side room and hallway and foyer.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I only placed them based on theories online. Of where they should go based on first reflections points. Also the room I maybe be too large to pressurize. I’m off center in the room. It very open design with kitchen side room and hallway and foyer.
what do you have at first point of refection ? those mattress looking thingies ?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just reading online. Most said to go to the first reflection points. I used a mirror as suggested.
I would not attempt any kind of treatments without detailed measurements with a calibrated mic and consulting an acoustician or company. Anything less is just shooting in the dark and often can make things worse. I've seen many, many cases where folks will even over do it and near turn the room into an anechoic chamber, which is bad for sq.

I know you don't want to hear this after all of your work, but you might want to start over with the treatments. I'd pull them out and get some baseline measurements, then at least have a conversation with a pro. Some companies who do room treatments won't attempt anything until you send them detailed measurements so you can determine what's even going on in your room. It's hard to tell what those treatments have done to your fr without some sweeps.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Yes. It was easiest to adjust still I know we’re they go. Also windows and doors. So can’t really permenatley change those. The Mobil walls are 6in thick

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in agreement with Pogre and if the pic you provided is of your setup you aren't even close with respect to first point of reflection.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I have 2 inch ones too. The walls were made for boomy base originally not first refections. But it’s hard to mount the other ones.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes. It was easiest to adjust still I know we’re they go. Also windows and doors. So can’t really permenatley change those. The Mobil walls are 6in thick
Okay, here's my suggestion. Get a UMIK mic and learn to use REW. It's clear you're at least as anal as I am and want to make real improvements. I totally relate. The one thing that has helped the most was getting a mic and learning to use REW. Once you have some accurate measurements you can really dig in and do some honest troubleshooting without the guesswork. I've made leaps and bounds once I got it down.

Totally worth the investment if you're after great sound, imo.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have 2 inch ones too. The walls were made for boomy base originally not first refections. But it’s hard to mount the other ones.
Without any measurements it's hard to tell what that did tho. Maybe you went from boomy to none at all. No clue. No idea where your boomy issue was to start with or what frequencies needed tamed.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I know I’m frustrated. Iv put a lot of work and time into figuring this out. I appreciate the help. I’m going to do more research on REW

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I just posted one a few posts ago. But I’ll make a new reading anyways. Things changed a little

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis