Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The AVR is at 72 volume (not dB). I’m sure it producing more than 5 watts. Why I’m i only getting 75dB of actual volume ?
Your volume dial setting has little to do with whatever actual spl you're listening at, but I can say that 72 on my dial isn't very loud and I'll be shocked if you're using more than 5 watts in most cases.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Equipment wise. What makes better sound. Speakers, acoustics you we have mentioned.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Your volume dial setting has little to do with whatever actual spl you're listening at, but I can say that 72 on my dial isn't very loud and I'll be shocked if you're using more than 5 watts in most cases.
I take that back. 72 is a pretty lively volume, but I still doubt you're using more than 5 watts-ish. I miscalculated how loud that setting is on my avr because I use the other scale.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Equipment wise. What makes better sound. Speakers, acoustics you we have mentioned.
Speakers and acoustics. Including subwoofage. If I were you, I'd work on the acoustics first, before spending anything. That's an area a lot of folks underestimate when it comes to sound quality. Plus it's free!

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
No problem. I’m just looking for improvements where I can get them. I can’t change the room much more. I have ceiling and wall treatments. Some bass traps in corners. I want to work with these speakers. They are my second pair of 2000$ speakers.
whatcan I do to get the most of them.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
The other speakers were too forward and pitchy for me. These are smooth and sweet but need to create a little more pressure. The other speakers were the SVS ultra towers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No problem. I’m just looking for improvements where I can get them. I can’t change the room much more. I have ceiling and wall treatments. Some bass traps in corners. I want to work with these speakers. They are my second pair of 2000$ speakers.
whatcan I do to get the most of them.
How did you go about determining what you needed for room treatments? There's a lot that goes into that and I wouldn't attempt anything without taking detailed measurements (with a calibrated mic) and consulting a pro, like an acoustician to help figure out problem areas.

I think you have some pretty nice speakers and don't necessarily think they need replaced. I'll bet you have some opportunities with positioning tho, and unless you went about it methodically and scientifically there's a chance your room treatments may have made things worse.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
The Rhythmik subs helped some on the lowest end. They are actually crossed below 50. Above that to mess with the sound of the main speakers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The other speakers were too forward and pitchy for me. These are smooth and sweet but need to create a little more pressure. The other speakers were the SVS ultra towers
I loved my Ultra towers! A little fussy with placement tho. I had issues dialing my bass in with them and had to use a higher crossover than I wanted to.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I tried REW. Don’t think I know what to do with it correctly. I probably don’t have treatments correct. I just moved them till it sounded best to me so far.
i did Post a thread about finding a local person to work on it. I got a lot of ideas to fix it but no suggestions on a person to contact. I have had little success in the “yellow pages”

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Iv tried for days on the crossover. It overpowers too fast. I think the sounds I’m missing are above the sub range. Probably mids

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Iv spent so many hours moving speakers over the last few months. I have a good clean image now. I’m just missing more presence I think.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Iv spent so many hours moving speakers over the last few months. I have a good clean image now. I’m just missing more presence I think.
Did you see my questions about your room treatments? How did you determine what and where to place them?

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
No I gave up on that. I just trying to find improvements I can do.
but thanks for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis