N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Well I did ask you guys to talk me out of it. Be careful what you ask for

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Absolutely but you can sell them 10 years later for a decent price They do hold there value.
True for some of the brands but personally I never sell anything so what it may sell for later never is a consideration for me.

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Oh Well I cancelled the Classe deal was picking it up tomorrow and bought the Mac instead Will be here in about a week. :):) :)thanks for all your inputs guys There is a Classe 5100 available for 2700 on ebay listing says 3000 but I offered 2700 and was accepted It's an excellent amp for th:rolleyes:at price picked up the mac for 2350 I bought myself a Christmas present I know you guys look down on the higher end equipment and poke fun at people who waste their money reach a point of diminishing returns.. My Wilson Audio's are going to smile when they see what I am going to feed them. Now the pre amp I have a Marantz 7701 and thinking about the Mac 121 will loose some of the b

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Ow well I have to tT wait a bit before considering the mac mx 121 running out of money. Think I have to sell off some of the gear left over from the upgrades

If anyone is interested I have for sale
Parasound A52 pwr amp
Oppo bdp 93
Marantz 7701 pre/pro
JL Audio e110 sub
Focal chorus towers
Focal chorus center
Focal electra cc900 center
Focal wall surrounds
Focal monitors with stands
Focal 13 inch sub
Focal black diamond towers (drop dead gorgeous )
pioneer elite avr
pioneer avr
Dolby darbee video processor
audioquest cables
xlr cables
and all sorts of odds and ends

ALL MY GEAR IS WELL TAKEN CARE OF

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS MESSAGE ME FOR PRICES

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
had no idea that B and W were closing down or had closed down Classe That gives me a little concern Although they still have authorized dealers I may have to look into it. Thanks They do just amplify but some look good while doing it ha ha ha I may rethink Mac now although the 7205 does not have balanced inputs nor the specs that classe has. By the way hopefully they all work
The market for hi end electronics is not going along nearly as well as as the economy at large. At some point B&W decided to pull the plug on an under performing asset.

FWIW...I like the ATI option.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
By the way, Monoprice have an interesting discount on their Monolith amps, but that sale is for today only!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
By the way, Monoprice have an interesting discount on their Monolith amps, but that sale is for today only!
I just looked at the site, has the 7ch version for $1500 but out of stock, ETA of 7/19/2018! Guess sales are doing well....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh Well I cancelled the Classe deal was picking it up tomorrow and bought the Mac instead Will be here in about a week. :):) :)thanks for all your inputs guys There is a Classe 5100 available for 2700 on ebay listing says 3000 but I offered 2700 and was accepted It's an excellent amp for th:rolleyes:at price picked up the mac for 2350 I bought myself a Christmas present I know you guys look down on the higher end equipment and poke fun at people who waste their money reach a point of diminishing returns.. My Wilson Audio's are going to smile when they see what I am going to feed them. Now the pre amp I have a Marantz 7701 and thinking about the Mac 121 will loose some of the b
Funny how I just sold my ATI AT3002 amp to a local guy who just sold his McIntosh Amp because he thought it didn't power his 4 ohms speakers well enough. :D

You see, his McIntosh could only output 200W into 8 ohms and also 200W into 4 ohms. He wanted the ATI AT3002 because it could output over 500W into 4 ohms.

BTW, you do know that McIntosh, Denon, Marantz were all owned by the same Japanese company - D&M Holdings?

The McIntosh 121 pre-pro also has Audyssey XT, like the Denon and Marantz AVR and pre-pros.

For example, the Denon X2300 (on sale brand new for $415) also has Audyssey XT.

Now the new McIntosh MX-122 pre-pro has Audyssey XT32, which is also featured in the Denon X3300, which is on sale for $599 brand new.

BTW, nobody looks down on anyone who spends money. It's your money, your life.

Some of us have spent quite a bit of money over the years. We've been there, done it. :D

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Funny how I just sold my ATI AT3002 amp to a local guy who just sold his McIntosh Amp because he thought it didn't power his 4 ohms speakers well enough. :D

You see, his McIntosh could only output 200W into 8 ohms and also 200W into 4 ohms. He wanted the ATI AT3002 because it could output over 500W into 4 ohms.

BTW, you do know that McIntosh, Denon, Marantz were all owned by the same Japanese company - D&M Holdings?

The McIntosh 121 pre-pro also has Audyssey XT, like the Denon and Marantz AVR and pre-pros.

For example, the Denon X2300 (on sale brand new for $415) also has Audyssey XT.

Now the new McIntosh MX-122 pre-pro has Audyssey XT32, which is also featured in the Denon X3300, which is on sale for $599 brand new.

BTW, nobody looks down on anyone who spends money. It's your money, your life.

Some of us have spent quite a bit of money over the years. We've been there, done it. :D
McIntosh Group seems not to be owned by Sound United/D+M Group.....or is there something I'm missing?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
McIntosh Group seems not to be owned by Sound United/D+M Group.....or is there something I'm missing?
I think you’re correct. It was owned by DM only for a few years. But I think McIntosh bought back their company now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think you’re correct. It was owned by DM only for a few years. But I think McIntosh bought back their company now.
Yes see another article now in 2012 when it was sold by D&M Holdings/Bain Capital to an Italian outfit, Fine Sounds SpA (then they changed name to McIntosh group later).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes see another article now in 2012 when it was sold by D&M Holdings/Bain Capital to an Italian outfit, Fine Sounds SpA (then they changed name to McIntosh group later).
Can’t keep track of these companies these days. :D

J

jsrtheta

Enthusiast
Absolutely but you can sell them 10 years later for a decent price They do hold there value.
Maybe not the Classe. (In fact, I never understood why Classe, or Sim, for that matter, were so popular.) The Mac will hold its value. Though I myself would never spend that much on an amplifier that will sound the same as a much cheaper one.

If you want the aesthetics, though, the Mac certainly has them, and it's very well-built for sure. (It will outlive you and me, sad to say.) And I do appreciate pride of ownership.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis