N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
I am looking for a quality 5 ch power amp to replace my Parasound A52. I might keep t

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Can’t go wrong with the Moon by Simaudio Evolution MC8, Mark Levinson No.536 monoblocks, or the McIntosh MC205.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
I am looking at the Mcintosh MC 7205 or the Classe Ca 5100 both on ebay for around 2500 or I may use the Parasound for the rears and go 3 ch. Anyone familiar with Classe. It looks like audio art and .003thd

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Trying to use the amp for 2 channel as well

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
To be honest I'm leaning toward the Classe better specs the Mac and supposedly great for 2 channel as well Talk me out of it

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
What about the Monolith series or ATI? Or is this one of those pedigree matters kind of things? Only reason I ask is, I know a quite reputable electronics engineer, who has had a hand in some impressive products that we all have likely heard of, that would openly claim Class D tech to be as formidable as anything these days.

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
It's not so much pedigee as it is the product itself and resale is always something I try to consider and both classe and Mac have great reputations and resale

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
But I am open minded I will check out your recomendations. The price is right for what I am getting

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
To be honest I'm leaning toward the Classe better specs the Mac and supposedly great for 2 channel as well Talk me out of it
By the way, Classé no longer exists. B & W which recently bought it closed it down, most likely because they were not making any profit with it.
For a 5 channel amp, I would go for an ATI, a Monolith or one of the Outlaws.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
By the way, Classé no longer exists. B & W which recently bought it closed it down, most likely because they were not making any profit with it.
For a 5 channel amp, I would go for an ATI, a Monolith or one of the Outlaws.
That's almost like saying ATI, ATI or ATI :)

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
had no idea that B and W were closing down or had closed down Classe That gives me a little concern Although they still have authorized dealers I may have to look into it. Thanks They do just amplify but some look good while doing it ha ha ha I may rethink Mac now although the 7205 does not have balanced inputs nor the specs that classe has. By the way hopefully they all work

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
had no idea that B and W were closing down or had closed down Classe That gives me a little concern Although they still have authorized dealers I may have to look into it. Thanks They do just amplify but some look good while doing it ha ha ha I may rethink Mac now although the 7205 does not have balanced inputs nor the specs that classe has. By the way hopefully they all work
If you need an amp to look at the McIntosh does have pretty lights and meters (altho only 3 meters on the 7205 :) ).

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
I also would rather not have a big ugly box as the showcase of my home theater electronics looks has its merits. There are some amps that have both specs and sex appeal Both the Mac and the Classe have that

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Absolutely but you can sell them 10 years later for a decent price They do hold there value.

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
I was looking at the Classe SSP preamp as well They say you can upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0 But if they are out of business that's kind of difficult ha ha.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis