Post Your Home Theater Here!

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Quite a nice basement set-up mfabien.
However LOL, you should have started your own thread.
I am assuming from the other post the SVS works good for you?
I am sure you feel the sub, heck you can even rest your arm on it.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
One of two cats!

During the playback of the "Flight of the Phoenix", which has a lot of LFE, the other cat investigated the sub by clibing on the seat and making a tour around the top of the sub.

My wife's condition for keeping the sub was that it did not scare the cats. And it doesn't.

This is Lulu:

Last edited:
M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
brian32672 said:
Quite a nice basement set-up mfabien.
However LOL, you should have started your own thread.
I am assuming from the other post the SVS works good for you?
I am sure you feel the sub, heck you can even rest your arm on it.
Nobody sits at the position next to the sub because of the angle to the display screen.

Frequencies coming from the sub are always thought to come from the Front speakers. The result is an overall musical rendition with deep sounds for bass and, in the case of movies, a sense of being in a big Cinema. Nobody looks at the sub during play.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
mfabien said:
This is Loulou:

LouLou looks very pretty. I use to volunteer about 25 hours a week at the Humane Society. And was always a dog lover, but since my fall and shattered wrists, I could not handle the dogs. So I had to work with the cats, and became a cat lover as well. Not saying I didn't love animals all the same, but I had always leaned more towards dogs. Until I was forced to love the cats (and kittens). (No Force was really needed) :)

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Here is my stuff,
Sony STR-DE475 A/V reciever
LG DV-7942 DVD player
Technics SB-LX70 front speakers
Sony SS-CN550 center channel
Coral Monitors surround
Pyle sub woofer
Sharp 32" TV
This in my "listening room" which actually is my son's bedroom.
This HT system in this room sounds so good that it is very hard to change any of the components (I want Yamahas NS-555 fronts)

LG LH-T250 HTiB
Toshiba 32" TV
In my bedroom

Pictures to be sent later
D

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
maximoiglesias said:
Here is my stuff,
Sony STR-DE475 A/V reciever
LG DV-7942 DVD player
Technics SB-LX70 front speakers
Sony SS-CN550 center channel
Coral Monitors surround
Pyle sub woofer
Sharp 32" TV
This in my "listening room" which actually is my son's bedroom.
This HT system in this room sounds so good that it is very hard to change any of the components (I want Yamahas NS-555 fronts)

LG LH-T250 HTiB
Toshiba 32" TV
In my bedroom

Pictures to be sent later
D
Sounds like a good little system, but you know its tempting to upgrade :)

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Tempting yes.
Thats why I am thinking on the Yamahas.
Maybe another reciever on christmas...................

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
My system

Reciever Sony STR-DE475
CD player Sony CDP-211
DVD player LG DVD-7911N
VHS Panasonic PV-9400
XBox
Front Technics SB-LX70
Center Sony SS-CN550
Surround Coral EX-101 monitors
Sub Pyle passive 10" (home made)

T

Tubes4Life

Junior Audioholic
You cannot beat Tubes. Period.

The MC-30 amps came from my grandpa, all original telefunkens in the preamp circuitry, but I replaced the outputs with J&J's. These fantastic beauties sound better than any setup I have heard. Quite amazing for being 50+ years old with no restoration except for some tubes! A fine picture I might add...

Below is the throne on which they sit in all their glory!

Speakers I designed and built myself. The pyramid shape eliminates standing waves that cause "boominess" found in square enclosures. As you can see they are not finished; I will be putting a finish on them soon. 8" two-way bass reflex.

In the cabinet I have but a Yamaha CD changer. I will be getting an SACD player soon as well as a preamp (likely a marantz or a NAD) This isnt really a home theatre per say, but I dont know where else to put it.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Very awesome! I love old vintage gear, and old McIntosh is some of the best (THE best if you ask some). You must've gotten them with low hours, or the pre-section tubes were well made. I'm surprised you haven't had to replace them yet.

I like the speakers too. Just need a veneer now...

What kind of output are those amps rated at, just out of curiosity?

T

Tubes4Life

Junior Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Very awesome! I love old vintage gear, and old McIntosh is some of the best (THE best if you ask some). You must've gotten them with low hours, or the pre-section tubes were well made. I'm surprised you haven't had to replace them yet.

I like the speakers too. Just need a veneer now...

What kind of output are those amps rated at, just out of curiosity?
They are 30 watts each, and both statements are true; my grandpa bought them in the late 50's, used them for a while, and then for some odd reason put them away. Telefunken (germany) at the time made some of the the highest quality tubes available, but today they specialize in radio broadcast devices and no longer produce tubes. Fortunately I have a box of spares, all telefunken.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome. What a great heirloom.

Here's a question....does Dark Side of the Moon sound especially good through your speakers? :D

T

Tubes4Life

Junior Audioholic
You have no idea... ;) But really, after listening to albums like those I notice little things in the music that I have never noticed before. Like it's breathing new life into the music I listen too. A good example is when I was listening to Wynton Marsalis, everything up to the most minute nuance was clear and present, as if he was performing in the room for me. The only other speakers I know of that are capable of such articulation in sound are Bowers & Wilkins (IMO they sound better than these, but hey, my speakers cost me $120 to build).

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Memories..

Tubes4Life said:
The MC-30 amps came from my grandpa, all original telefunkens in the preamp circuitry, but I replaced the outputs with J&J's. These fantastic beauties sound better than any setup I have heard. Quite amazing for being 50+ years old with no restoration except for some tubes! A fine picture I might add...

Below is the throne on which they sit in all their glory!

Speakers I designed and built myself. The pyramid shape eliminates standing waves that cause "boominess" found in square enclosures. As you can see they are not finished; I will be putting a finish on them soon. 8" two-way bass reflex.

In the cabinet I have but a Yamaha CD changer. I will be getting an SACD player soon as well as a preamp (likely a marantz or a NAD) This isnt really a home theatre per say, but I dont know where else to put it.
Reminds me of one of my first audio systems.

Leak 10 power amp (10 watts p/ch) Tubes
Leak 10 pre amp Tubes
Altec Voice of the Theater speakers in the Valencia box/furniture
Thorens turntable w Shure XV-15 and Audio Technica cartridges
Pioneer cassette deck

This system sounded so natural!!!

I could not find replacement tubes for the amps in my country so I gave it
away

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Ups

mrnomas said:
Denon 3805
Sony something-or-another DVD
Axiom m22ti(x2) VP100, QS4(x2), QS8(x2), EP500 .
POS JVC TV (like 10 years old)
DIY absorption panels
DIY component stand
Hey Nomas, congrats on the reviewing gig. Nice to see that obsessive compulsiveness can actually get you a job!

Is that an APC UPS beside the equipment rack?

Even though you took Mr. Loft's advice and downsized your original Axiom purchase, that's still alot of speaker there! An Epic 80 set up would have been serious overkill!

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
mfabien said:
Here are photos of my HT:

Starting with front shots:

...and other shots, some for details:

Good God that SV sub is huge! And that's a big room! Any reason for letting the Energy's breathe so much, or just using the space you've got?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis