Polk LSiM 707 are reduced to $1600/pair. Are they worth it?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, they are very good speakers. Probably OK at that price, not so much at MSRP. (Link is to a 3rd party site FYI).

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
This seems like a great price, but I've never heard this speaker. Any Polk LSiM 707 owners out there, could you please advise on quality issues? Thanks so much!
Well, you've gotten some input on those 707's your interested in. Next I would recommend researching, looking up reviews on them let us know if you get a pair.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The link goes to Adorama via Facebook.
Yep, was mentioning it for others who may not want to click through.

I was not a big fan of the LSis but the LSi-Ms improved on them quite a bit. The issue is the MSRP price they're asking for them, since it puts them in a category where I think they'll be outperformed by others. At half price though, they're worth a listen.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, was mentioning it for others who may not want to click through.

I was not a big fan of the LSis but the LSi-Ms improved on them quite a bit. The issue is the MSRP price they're asking for them since it puts them in a category where I think they'll be outperformed by others. At the half price though, they're worth a listen.
from 4k MSRP for pair to $1200 for the pair (in black) I think these demand attention.
at this price point, the competition is less common:
Polk LSiM tower will be better than SVS Prime tower,
RBH/EMPTek R-55 - not sure about that one, liked its predecessor, but I haven't heard this one nor I believe it would be as accurate as LSIM on an axis:
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-polk-audio-lsim-speaker-system-page-3

Ascend Siera Tower will likely be a better speaker but at 2k

Honestly, the only way I know of to get better speakers at this or less price are these great speakers which require a minor fix by the consumer:
http://gr-research.com/cst-1.aspx

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis