Please describe *Bright *Warm *Neutral sounds

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mtry,

My guess is you're either an attorney or a politician - probably well paid, too. If not, you're in the wrong profession. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
tbewick said:
Cheers for explaining that to me.

I think that those terms 'bright', 'warm', etc. have some origin in recording/mixing studios. For example, a recording high in the 100Hz region has a 'fat' sound, and very high frequencies +10kHz are 'stratospheric'. Peaks around 8kHz lend a sharpness to the recording, and ~70Hz peaks increase boominess.

OK. But the FR of the amp will show any of these. Modern amps are almost ruler flat, well below thresholds.

You may also want to read this page and his web site, fully:
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/dipa/dipa.htm

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Buckeyefan 1 said:
Mtry,

My guess is you're either an attorney or a politician - probably well paid, too. If not, you're in the wrong profession. :D

Thanks, I am in the wrong profession indeed ;) They get a hell of a lot bigger pay checks LOL :D

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Probably those of us who hear warm or bright have defective ears as well as damaged brains.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Yamahaluver said:
Probably those of us who hear warm or bright have defective ears as well as damaged brains.
My drain is bamaged from college. I must confess. :rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yamahaluver said:

Or, just an active imagination is at play??? A more logical explanation if this percpetion is of well designed amps

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Even blindfolded, I can make out differences between different amps and speakers and can usually detect the characteristic Yamaha sound signature, probably I am hearing impaired so I use my over active imagination.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yamahaluver said:
Even blindfolded, I can make out differences between different amps and speakers and can usually detect the characteristic Yamaha sound signature, probably I am hearing impaired so I use my over active imagination.

Interesting claim you are making. But let's just exclude speakers for the moment as that is not in question by me, right?
Who conducted your DBt listening protocol where you are able to differentiate amps? Maybe you need to demonstrate this ability to credible witnesses?? What Yamaha characteristics? Show me the specs please.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis