Placing an Order with Definitive Technology

progprog

progprog

Enthusiast
David,

Looking to buy a Clr 2500 or 3000. Can you supply prices, timing and shipping to 46783.

Thanks,

Doug Blasius
Doug,

FWIW, David no longer seems to respond to PMs, emails, or posts about additional DefTech sales. Others here have stopped waiting, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I've made my purchases elsewhere.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Sorry, But someone on the website must have been jealous, They narced on me and what was going on, and burned my contact. Sux for everyone. No more orders now.

Thanks
David

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, that really does suck, I can't believe someone would do that after you have been so generous.

progprog

progprog

Enthusiast
It's not like Audioholics isn't a very public, well-known forum that is likely read by at least some DefTech employees. It was bound to happen and doesn't mean that some vengeful reader intervened.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I was actually considering jumping on board with this order but I am not surprised it got shut down. I don't know if anybody told or not, I wonder if they got suspicious about why one person would order so many speakers for themself. I am sure at some point they became suspicious on their own.

Thanks for all you did for the folks on the website while it lasted though.

M

Michael4yah

Audiophyte
David, I guess this should be titled "No good deed goes unpunished. Great job helping those who bought get some decent equiptment at a reasonable price. We middleclass people have been taking it in the shorts for 40+ years now. Maybe we can get some justice during this recession.

Here's an analogy that might make sense. In 1969 I bought a brand new Nova SS396 as a senior in highschool, It had the biggest motor available (375hp) a 4spd, posi, Black on Black etc. I paid 3500.00 for it. Now here 40 years later I bought a new GTO and it cost me 35,000. So prices of cars have gone up about 10X. The house I lived in then was a new one and cost 30K. It now costs 600K, its gone up 20X. Minimum wage was 1.16 then,I worked in a factory for 3.50 hr. Production jobs made 3-4X what minimum wage was. So if you use just the car scale (10X) you can see that minimum wage should be 11.60 per hour today and production jobns should be paying 33.00 per hour. Skilled blue collar jobs would be double that. So what happened??? How did the working man get squeezed out of this wage scale that back in the 60s he could actually raise a family on. It didnt just happen by accident.

I pass this along for those who havnt lived long enough to notice the changes that are ongoing in our country.
Michael

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis