Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
I picked up a whole lotta stuff today from Del, but no maples. So I doubt whether we'll be making that April 24 date. It takes me 4-5 days to get everything together and tested after I pick up the cabinets.
No worries Dennis! I haven't heard back from him on extra price for the center's veneer, so I doubt he's even begun.

I am rather fond of Moet & Chandon, should you be having pangs of guilt. ;)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
No worries Dennis! I haven't heard back from him on extra price for the center's veneer, so I doubt he's even begun.

I am rather fond of Moet & Chandon, should you be having pangs of guilt. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion. I picked up a bottle on the way back from Del's, and 4 glasses later--no guilt pangs.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I am I'm getting maple as well with a stain to color match it a bambooish color. Always liked more of a natural coloring :)

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I am I'm getting maple as well with a stain to color match it a bambooish color. Always liked more of a natural coloring :)
That will look awesome!

I noticed a pair of white cabinets? Who are those for? The Phil's look amazing in white! I assume white is a custom cabinet by Del?

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
That will look awesome!

I noticed a pair of white cabinets? Who are those for? The Phil's look amazing in white! I assume white is a custom cabinet by Del?

As Swerd points out--those are actually maple. But I did post a pic of some white cabinets I just picked up from Del yesterday--see post 1220 a page back. You may also be able to make out the maple ones in the back--those are my personal pair. The balck ones have added gloss and are quite shiny.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
Thanks for the suggestion. I picked up a bottle on the way back from Del's, and 4 glasses later--no guilt pangs.
Hehe, too funny! That makes me happy though, passing on information about good wine is a favorite pastime. Years ago I was the first sommelier at a little French restaurant called The Inn at Little Washington. You may have heard of it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I sure hope so :). Just kidding I have compete faith in Del. I asked about those cabinets above when I was deciding on a stain and he told me exactly what Dennis and Swerd said. I decided pure maple was way too light so I started peeking around the Salk website and Salk used thread and found some bamboo speakers and loved the color. So here I am.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
I sure hope so :). Just kidding I have compete faith in Del. I asked about those cabinets above when I was deciding on a stain and he told me exactly what Dennis and Swerd said. I decided pure maple was way too light so I started peeking around the Salk website and Salk used thread and found some bamboo speakers and loved the color. So here I am.
It would seem our stains are very close. I just looked at the bamboo finish on Salk site, it's almost a perfect match for my existing furniture, and the color I have requested for my Phils & center.

I'm also buying a pair of MB0W1 for surrounds, also in maple, apparently built by some wino in the DC area. Fortunately based on photos they match quite well with my furniture, so I have instructed Del that a match with these would be fine.

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Well, if you look real hard on the left hand side, you'll see two black centers. Are either of them yours? Nooooooooooooo. Nada. No way. Of course not. Gotta go--I'm off to a seminar on building customer good will.
Meany!!!!:mad:

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Hehe, too funny! That makes me happy though, passing on information about good wine is a favorite pastime. Years ago I was the first sommelier at a little French restaurant called The Inn at Little Washington. You may have heard of it.
Whoa--I went on the most expensive date of my life there many years ago. It's generally recognized as the best restaurant in the Washington Area. So where are you now?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It would seem our stains are very close. I just looked at the bamboo finish on Salk site, it's almost a perfect match for my existing furniture, and the color I have requested for my Phils & center.

I'm also buying a pair of MB0W1 for surrounds, also in maple, apparently built by some wino in the DC area. Fortunately based on photos they match quite well with my furniture, so I have instructed Del that a match with these would be fine.
Very nice, sounds like a great setup. I'm still trying to decide how I want to fill out the rest of my system. I'm still entertaining the idea of three more Phil 3s :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm still trying to decide how I want to fill out the rest of my system. I'm still entertaining the idea of three more Phil 3s :D
That would be so tight, man. I mean bad a$$. Hardcore. Righteous, man. Do it. :D

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
Whoa--I went on the most expensive date of my life there many years ago. It's generally recognized as the best restaurant in the Washington Area. So where are you now?
I live about an hour south of there, outside of Charlottesville. After 27 years in and around little Washington I decided I needed a bit more culture.

Yes, it is expensive. I could buy a second center channel for what it cost the two of us the last time I went, even after the "know the owners" perks.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
Very nice, sounds like a great setup. I'm still trying to decide how I want to fill out the rest of my system. I'm still entertaining the idea of three more Phil 3s :D
You could be the first person to own all 3 - Phil 3's for fronts, 2's for surrounds and a 1 at center!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No way, I'm way too anal to do that. I'd need all 5/7 to color match or it would drive me nuts :roll eyes:

What can I say I'm as particular about color as ADTG is with all his red speakers. ;):D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No way, I'm way too anal to do that. I'd need all 5/7 to color match or it would drive me nuts :roll eyes:

What can I say I'm as particular about color as ADTG is with all his red speakers. ;):D
Damn straight.:D

Just do 5 matching Phil3. Forget the 7. Get 2 more subs instead.:D

Speaking of more subs, I should be getting my dual RBH Signature Series SX-1010 subs tomorrow. They will be hooked up to the ATI AT2004 along with the Phil3.

Will see how they sound with the Phil3. :D

Last edited:
J

jcunwired

Audioholic

My Philharmonic 2's are upgraded with custom veneer and color, I'm sure this is possible with the Phil 1 as well. But hey I don't blame you, if I could I would own 5 Phil 3's too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis