Peter Navarro:China Tariffs are "not hurting anybody" in the US. Politifact: Pants on Fire!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Your comment kind of reminded me of this interview with the author of Kochland.
Primarily it is a study of how the Koch brothers (it seems primarily Charles was the planner) used their financial clout to control their business environment so as to maximize profits and minimize risks. It is a pretty engaging discussion and includes a pretty good education on how to use money to influence politics in the US. The adage "information is power" really comes to light, and, as much as I despise what they have and continue to do, I have to admit their method is ingenious!
Link below.

Note that this link is to a podcast (with transcript). You can click on the "play" arrow in the blue circle to listen to interview:
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/750803289/kochland-how-the-koch-brothers-changed-u-s-corporate-and-political-power

One interesting aspect of this interview is the Koch brothers did not want Trump in office (like any planner, they want stability - stuff like the "tariff uncertainty" that has confronted businesses over the past year or two complicates any business plans involving Chinese products). On the other hand, Trump has been an on-going wet dream for them with the way Trump has put people in charge of environmental programs that are interesting in eliminating them (the Kochs are heavily involved in the fossil fuel industry).
KEW, I'm sure you remember Rockefeller? What a very shrewd businessman he was. He also had his hand in fossil fuels. He crushed anyone who got in his way bankrupt one of the wealthiest railroad owners. Your insight is good my friend. We'll just have to wait and see just how Trump's administration will play out in the end. Since I'm Not a political person, but I have knowledge of passed presidential administrations that have wreaked havoc on this country.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@loveinthehd, pardon me, I don't get that one? No pun intended. I haven't been really following the whole thread you know me HD, I jump around on AH, sometimes I hit the mark, other time's I am way off the mark. PS ..lol..I get it one actually passed away. It's late my bad ;)
Kurt was talking about a Koch brothers article, David & Charles Koch. David passed today.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt was talking about a Koch brothers article, David & Charles Koch. David passed today.
True, but I suspect it makes very little impact on the "Koch machine";):D
I assume the Koch's wanted their empire to continue past their own demise, and certainly they have a structure of people who are well versed in their operations. Over time, assuming these employees are not total sociopaths, they may start feeling some scruples over global warming as the effects increase, but I'd definitely expect "business as usual" for some time after Charles passes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
True, but I suspect it makes very little impact on the "Koch machine";):D
I assume the Koch's wanted their empire to continue past their own demise, and certainly they have a structure of people who are well versed in their operations. Over time, assuming these employees are not total sociopaths, they may start feeling some scruples over global warming as the effects increase, but I'd definitely expect "business as usual" for some time after Charles passes.
Might even get worse, think I've read David was the "nice" guy of the two, supporter of the arts etc.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Buckle up boys & girls.
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/753696341/more-rate-cuts-powell-says-fed-is-ready-to-help-economy-grow-amid-trade-tensions

These gyrating fluctuations at the Fed are not inspiring. Instead of projecting stability, they're mimicking investor panic in the market.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=fin&q=INDEXDJX:+.DJI&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgecRozC3w8sc9YSmtSWtOXmNU4eIKzsgvd80rySypFBLjYoOyeKS4uDj0c_UNkgsry3kWsfJ5-rm4Rrh4RVgp6Ll4eQIAqJT5uUkAAAA&biw=1920&bih=895#scso=_cBNhXeG2J-O8gge06LzQAw6:0

Come back Ben Bernanke :D

Kind of makes you miss the Obama era's slow but steady growth in the market after the Great Recession of 2008, huh? [sigh]

I wonder what the Sage of Omaha, Warren Buffett, did yesterday to cover his a$$.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Your comment kind of reminded me of this interview with the author of Kochland.
Primarily it is a study of how the Koch brothers (it seems primarily Charles was the planner) used their financial clout to control their business environment so as to maximize profits and minimize risks. It is a pretty engaging discussion and includes a pretty good education on how to use money to influence politics in the US. The adage "information is power" really comes to light, and, as much as I despise what they have done and continue to do, I have to admit their method is ingenious!
Link below.

Note that this link is to a podcast (with transcript). You can click on the "play" arrow in the blue circle to listen to interview:
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/750803289/kochland-how-the-koch-brothers-changed-u-s-corporate-and-political-power

One interesting aspect of this interview is the Koch brothers did not want Trump in office (like any planner, they want stability - stuff like the "tariff uncertainty" that has confronted businesses over the past year or two complicates any business plans involving Chinese products). On the other hand, Trump has been an on-going wet dream for them with the way Trump has put people in charge of environmental programs that are interesting in eliminating them (the Kochs are heavily involved in the fossil fuel industry).
What an interesting interview! I think that a more descriptive name for Koch Industries is Evil Industries.

Edit: An op-ed by the interviewee that @KEW linked to: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/23/opinion/sunday/david-koch-climate-change.html

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Hilarious thread! And we get to hear all the whining and crying for another 5 years!!! The last election is over, as is the next one. The next one is over because it is obvious that libs have lost any capacity for reason. Look at your candidates. Your desire to oust Trump is an obsession to the point you don't realize how ridiculous you sound. We support a trade policy where others tax our exports but we don't tax theirs. Great plan! And if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan. Boy, those were the days of honest politicians who had our best interest at heart. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Just read a story on the Wall Street journal that Amazon band thousands, went on to say Amazon ceded their website. Guess he has enough money now.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Hilarious thread! And we get to hear all the whining and crying for another 5 years!!! The last election is over, as is the next one. The next one is over because it is obvious that libs have lost any capacity for reason. Look at your candidates. Your desire to oust Trump is an obsession to the point you don't realize how ridiculous you sound. We support a trade policy where others tax our exports but we don't tax theirs. Great plan! And if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan. Boy, those were the days of honest politicians who had our best interest at heart. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Aye, Aye Captain Edward John Smith.
Capt. Edward John Smith.jpg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Aye, Aye Captain Edward John Smith.
View attachment 30726
There is a documentary, claiming the TT, was sunk in order to collect on the insurance. Political propaganda corporate corruption do those three ring a bell? Oh wait! The Titanic sunk and over a thousand or so lost their lives. Wait for it, Greed!

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hitler was also a vegetarian and "Hitler used vivid and gruesome descriptions of animal suffering and slaughter at the dinner table to try to dissuade his colleagues from eating meat." Yup, a friend of animals, to bad he did not extend that to humans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

But I guess I'm sort of off-topic by now...
What? You dare say!! Hitler who is burning in hell as we speak did a Lot worse! His Nazi regime gased, shot, murdered millions of Jewish descendants! Now that's not counting the innocent lives lost during the World war 2. From what I've read total lost lives on the front alone, Russia, USSR, Germany Italy France Poland England Australia United States of America if I missed one please list. 60+ million in total lost lives! Now I'm sure a lot of animals including dogs and cats where eaten. I see a lack of patriotism on this thread but that's just my thoughts.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Lol..it keeps getting better! President Trump on a Twitter rant just stated all companies out of China! How's the stock market going to take that? Ups and downs I tell ya! I'm 100% with Trump if he can pull that one off!! Best news fake or not! I've read to date on Our President. Gotta hand it to Trump man got Big Gonads! :D

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Lol..it keeps getting better! President Trump on a Twitter rant just stated all companies out of China! How's that stock market going to take that? Ups and downs I tell ya! I'm 100% with Trump if he can pull that one off!! Best news fake or not! I've read to date on Our President. Gotta hand it to Trump man got Big Gonads! :D
At his age it's more like betel nuts :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis