Peter Navarro:China Tariffs are "not hurting anybody" in the US. Politifact: Pants on Fire!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Bonus info: 4% of Trump public statements verified by Politifact found to be true

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is the worst leading candidate in the 2020 presidential race, except for all the others.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Trump is the worst leading candidate in the 2020 presidential race, except for all the others.
Nice!!..man I've should've gotten more involved in politics back in the day. At my age now I'm really enjoying how our country his turned out. Bloating with entitlement bloated with propaganda, they done made Washington and Congress into a wheel of fortune show. Whi can grab the most from the tax payers. It really is a big joke on us. They are laughing all the way to the bank on our dime. Anyways I just set back with my popcorn when I watch the evening news the water down media. Just waiting for them to say North Korea, nuke Japan or Iran just sunk one of our destroyers. World is crazy and it will get worse as the population explosion takes over. It will come down to who has the most resources and who wants to go after them for it. In the meantime carrion fellows. ;)

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
In 2020 I'll vote for any functional adult who isn't trump.
That's what I thought, until I followed the Democratic field. Ugh. And I was a registered Democrat for most of my life, and even voted for Hillary. (Mea Culpa.)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm almost (almost) tempted to get in touch with some who are still working in my old profession (customs broker) to see how they like all this crap. I cringe every time I hear agent orange talk about how China pays for the tariffs, but his base is possibly stupid enough to believe that.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Really fellows it been one big joke since the JFK administration all the way todate! Truman administration which was before my time probably was the last time, the people had this country. It's been one big fiasco after that. Anyone remember the Bay of pigs? JFK, backed out on his so called promise, wasn't to long after that lil fiasco he was assassinated. He running up to Vegas to meet his little sweetheart. Yes the way one of our presidents was assassinated with his wife riding in the car next to him was as bad as it can get not to mention being filmed with media all around. Sad, very very sad the condition this country is in now. Drug gangs, kingpin drug lords, cartels, organized crime is rampant in this country. Not to mention all the corruption we have with some of our elected officials. Trillions of debt, broken down federal law enforcement. I could go on but you guys know this already. Those reasons that just stated, are why I could give a rats ass, who is put in that pretty little white house up in Washington. The legal citizens of this country done lost this country to the rich, powerful, and wealthy. The supreme judges our Supreme Court rule mostly in favor of political ties to whom they are associated with. The only way I see getting our country back is for each State elect better Representatives, kick out those 80 year olds who have been in Congress for 30, 40 plus years! Who do nothing for this country, but feed their special interest groups and their bank account. That's just my thoughts on this so called two party system that's all but ruined this country.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Trump's corruption is so deep and widespread that this statement is just crazy and lacks a moral compass. This country is turning into a banana republic before our eyes. The justice department is a joke. Your statement comes from a concern for stock values alone and absolutely nothing else.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Trump's corruption is so deep and widespread that this statement is just crazy and lacks a moral compass. This country is turning into a banana republic before our eyes. The justice department is a joke. Your statement comes from a concern for stock values alone and absolutely nothing else.
Completely false, James. Biden, the closest thing to an acceptable Democratic candidate, is not at all confidence-inspiring that he can corral the extreme left faction of his party. Electing Biden may be like electing Warren, or worse. For example, he supports the New Green Deal, which is just stupidity. He also supports "studying" reparations, but he has more reasonable tax and healthcare positions, so long as you think the ACA is reasonable. He actually has some ideas I can support on taxation, defense, and immigration, but as long as he's on board with the New Green Deal, NFW.

Sanders is pushing the absolutely stupid New Green Deal and Medicare for All proposals hard, neither of which I can ever support. The Medicare for All proposal, which he says he wrote, is a disaster. It will throw the healthcare system into turmoil and he has no idea how to pay for it, or what to do with the existing insurance industry. He has so much as said he doesn't care. Sanders does not really believe in a market economy, and has aligned with communist dictators in the past - for example, admiring Castro. Admiring Castro? I think his talk has changed, but every comment he's made reveals to me that he knows what he really thinks makes him unacceptable, so he just lies unless pressed. And then the real Bernie comes out. He is also a hypocrite, as a multi-millionaire with multiple homes who despises rich people but defends his right to be rich.

Elizabeth Warren is a former law professor who proposes an unconstitutional wealth tax, supports the New Green Deal, supports Medicare for All, unanswered problems be damned, and lied on a bar application about being a Native American. (IMO, she should be disbarred for that.) She also supports reparations for, well, whoever will vote for her. The tuition loan forgiveness program is her dumbest proposal, and is a trillion dollar insult to everyone who makes better decisions, successfully struggled to pay debts, and pays taxes. She and Sanders constitute a danger to our economy, which is our security, much more so than Trump. Warren is another hypocrite, wealthy but purports to hate the wealthy.

Kamala Harris changes her positions so often I can't tell what she supports and what she doesn't. I have no idea what she would support if elected, and her Medicare for All position is incomprehensible. She also supports reparations. She is proposing a really dumb middle class tax credit, which is not a good way to fix the income tax structure - which needs fixing badly - it is just a populist promise to give money away. She wants decriminalize illegal immigration.

Does anyone else matter? It doesn't look like it. I won't even start on Cory Booker or Andrew Yang.

As for your disgusting and insulting accusation that I think about nothing else than stock values, you're dead wrong, it's inappropriate, and you owe me a sincere apology. Seriously. For one thing, Trump's big mouth has made the equities markets a roller coaster ride, so he's not exactly an investor's friend. But he's not proposing putting the economy into turmoil, screwing up healthcare with a really dumb plan, a trillion dollar tuition loan giveaway that does nothing to fix the university system's basic problems, decriminalizing illegal immigration, or any of the dumb-ass Sanders-Warren proposals they float. I don't like Trump at all, and I'd rather not vote for him, but the Democratic leading candidates are not making any sense.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Completely false, James. Biden, the closest thing to an acceptable Democratic candidate, is not at all confidence-inspiring that he can corral the extreme left faction of his party. Electing Biden may be like electing Warren, or worse. For example, he supports the New Green Deal, which is just stupidity. He also supports "studying" reparations, but he has more reasonable tax and healthcare positions, so long as you think the ACA is reasonable. He actually has some ideas I can support on taxation, defense, and immigration, but as long as he's on board with the New Green Deal, NFW.

Sanders is pushing the absolutely stupid New Green Deal and Medicare for All proposals hard, neither of which I can ever support. The Medicare for All proposal, which he says he wrote, is a disaster. It will throw the healthcare system into turmoil and he has no idea how to pay for it, or what to do with the existing insurance industry. He has so much as said he doesn't care. Sanders does not really believe in a market economy, and has aligned with communist dictators in the past - for example, admiring Castro. Admiring Castro? I think his talk has changed, but every comment he's made reveals to me that he knows what he really thinks makes him unacceptable, so he just lies unless pressed. And then the real Bernie comes out. He is also a hypocrite, as a multi-millionaire with multiple homes who despises rich people but defends his right to be rich.

Elizabeth Warren is a former law professor who proposes an unconstitutional wealth tax, supports the New Green Deal, supports Medicare for All, unanswered problems be damned, and lied on a bar application about being a Native American. (IMO, she should be disbarred for that.) She also supports reparations for, well, whoever will vote for her. The tuition loan forgiveness program is her dumbest proposal, and is a trillion dollar insult to everyone who makes better decisions, successfully struggled to pay debts, and pays taxes. She and Sanders constitute a danger to our economy, which is our security, much more so than Trump. Warren is another hypocrite, wealthy but purports to hate the wealthy.

Kamala Harris changes her positions so often I can't tell what she supports and what she doesn't. I have no idea what she would support if elected, and her Medicare for All position is incomprehensible. She also supports reparations. She is proposing a really dumb middle class tax credit, which is not a good way to fix the income tax structure - which needs fixing badly - it is just a populist promise to give money away. She wants decriminalize illegal immigration.

Does anyone else matter? It doesn't look like it. I won't even start on Cory Booker or Andrew Yang.

As for your disgusting and insulting accusation that I think about nothing else than stock values, you're dead wrong, it's inappropriate, and you owe me a sincere apology. Seriously. For one thing, Trump's big mouth has made the equities markets a roller coaster ride, so he's not exactly an investor's friend. But he's not proposing putting the economy into turmoil, screwing up healthcare with a really dumb plan, a trillion dollar tuition loan giveaway that does nothing to fix the university system's basic problems, decriminalizing illegal immigration, or any of the dumb-ass Sanders-Warren proposals they float. I don't like Trump at all, and I'd rather not vote for him, but the Democratic leading candidates are not making any sense.
There are campaign promises and then there are realistic expectations. The new green deal is not going to pass as legislation as it is talked about as a campaign platform, it has no chance of that. Reparations is legislative non-starter. As for Medicare for all, I am not so sure such a plan would be as disastrous as you make it out to be. If it destroys the insurance industry as it presently exists, that is collateral damage I can definitely live with. I don't even know how student loan forgiveness could materialize without a strongly sympathetic congress.

But even if your pessimism is entirely warranted, which I don't believe it is, if there is one thing that is more important than economic stability in a democracy, it is electoral security. That is presently at risk. Intelligence agencies are warning of all kinds of electoral interference including directly hacking voting machines, and trump is looking the other way, for obvious reasons. The Republican senate refuses to pass any legislation that protects voting integrity, not that anything they could pass would survive Trump's veto power.

If you think the Democratic candidates are so awful, ask yourself why America's adversaries are putting their thumb on the scale for Republicans? This isn't even going into the horrid nationalism, bigotry, and racism exuded by the executive branch of the United States, or the open disdain for the very notion of human rights. Any one of these points is far more important to me and more fundamental to the shape of this country than whatever the hell the NASDAQ or S&P 500 closes at.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There are campaign promises and then there are realistic expectations. The new green deal is not going to pass as legislation as it is talked about as a campaign platform, it has no chance of that. Reparations is legislative non-starter. As for Medicare for all, I am not so sure such a plan would be as disastrous as you make it out to be. If it destroys the insurance industry as it presently exists, that is collateral damage I can definitely live with. I don't even know how student loan forgiveness could materialize without a strongly sympathetic congress.

But even if your pessimism is entirely warranted, which I don't believe it is, if there is one thing that is more important than economic stability in a democracy, it is electoral security. That is presently at risk. Intelligence agencies are warning of all kinds of electoral interference including directly hacking voting machines, and trump is looking the other way, for obvious reasons. The Republican senate refuses to pass any legislation that protects voting integrity, not that anything they could pass would survive Trump's veto power.

If you think the Democratic candidates are so awful, ask yourself why America's adversaries are putting their thumb on the scale for Republicans? This isn't even going into the horrid nationalism, bigotry, and racism exuded by the executive branch of the United States, or the open disdain for the very notion of human rights. Any one of these points is far more important to me and more fundamental to the shape of this country than whatever the hell the NASDAQ or S&P 500 closes at.
Apology accepted.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai

Irv, exactly what are you looking for in a candidate?

I respect your views but to hope that any one candidate, be they Democrat or Republican, will appeal to all is near nigh impossible. They all come with baggage, be it political or personal.

While I held my nose and voted for Hilary, based on Trump’s past political history/statements and propensity to lie about … well, everything. It was a choice between root canal (Hilary) and a lobotomy (Trump).

The man is clinically a pathological liar; he can’t help himself, even by the current low political standards. He lies even when there’s no need to (e.g.: repeatedly claiming his father was a German immigrant, when in reality he was born in the Bronx). It’s bizarre, he’s like a 5 year old who’s constantly caught with his hand in the cookie jar and claims he’s just rearranging them. Even my 3 years old grandson fesses up when he’s caught red-handed. Not this guy.

Once elected, I figured that the office of the presidency would reign in his worst narcissistic and racist impulses. And maybe the realization that he was leading the greatest power in the world would temper his outlook a little bit. The office of the presidency will do that. Instead he’s gotten worse, if that’s possible. He is right about the ‘deep’ state though. Thank god. They realize what a moron he is, as well as the people in his own administration, who constantly ignore his wackier orders.

His refusal to accept the reality of economic globalization and how it has lifted most of the world’s population out of grinding poverty, reverting to tariffs and protectionism of the 19th century and before, which has been proven to be disastrous then and now. His disdain and ignorance for proven scientific facts is scary. My 95 year old non-educated grandfather was more cognizant of the world than this guy.

I’ve never set a high bar for any president. I really don’t care if they have extra-marital affairs or if they’re an all-around jerk. As long as they don’t use the office for personal or their family’s personal gain, I could care less about their private life. He doesn’t even pretend to care, as evidenced by his daughter and son-in-law’s vague positions in the administration.

His admiration in words and actions for our enemy’s leaders is just flat out baffling, as well as his public attacks on our allies. Are these the actions of a sane man? What does he think he’s achieving? What has he achieved on the world stage that has benefited us or the world for that matter?

And let’s not forget governance by Twitter.

The man is not fit for the presidency. At this point I’d vote for my local Libertarian dog catcher.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just a few nits to pick, Irv.
If political campaigning in the US is even remotely similar to Canada, parties tend to campaign from more extreme positions, in order to make the base happy, then, if elected, govern closer to the centre. So, although the NGD and student loan forgiveness might scare people on the right, those policies are probably the first to get dropped after winning the election. Well, there may be portions of the NGD that might be pursued, but certainly not it's entirety. And, I really don't know what you find so scary about universal health care.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/heres-a-map-of-the-countries-that-provide-universal-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/
How would it be paid for? Through taxes, of course. That would be offset by what you wouldn't pay in insurance premiums. UHC began here as provincial efforts back in the 1940's and by 1961, all provinces had implemented plans. The federal government implemented UHC as a national program in 1966, which standardised services across the country, as well as kicking in federal funding. At the time, many doctors and, of course, insurance companies campaigned bitterly against it as creeping communism. But, they lost that debate. There is still room for private insurance, which provides drug coverage and other services and equipment not covered by UHC. It certainly isn't perfect, but what system is? If the US were to implement UHC, I would skip over looking at our system to copy - there are better ones in Europe.
As for Bernie being a "multi-millionaire", I suppose - technically - he is, at a net worth of $2,000,000. So, one might consider him rich, but that's debatable. He might be rich to an inner-city person living on minimum wage, but to the truly rich, he's just another peon.
https://slate.com/business/2019/05/how-rich-is-bernie-sanders-wealth-comparison-millionaires.html
We may not have a dog in this electoral fight, but what happens in the US affects us, so we take an interest. But, not the Russian-style "take an interest", of course ;). In the immortal words of (former) Prime Minister P.E. Trudeau, "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Irv, exactly what are you looking for in a candidate?

I respect your views but to hope that any one candidate, be they Democrat or Republican, will appeal to all is near nigh impossible. They all come with baggage, be it political or personal.

While I held my nose and voted for Hilary, based on Trump’s past political history/statements and propensity to lie about … well, everything. It was a choice between root canal (Hilary) and a lobotomy (Trump).

The man is clinically a pathological liar; he can’t help himself, even by the current low political standards. He lies even when there’s no need to (e.g.: repeatedly claiming his father was a German immigrant, when in reality he was born in the Bronx). It’s bizarre, he’s like a 5 year old who’s constantly caught with his hand in the cookie jar and claims he’s just rearranging them. Even my 3 years old grandson fesses up when he’s caught red-handed. Not this guy.

Once elected, I figured that the office of the presidency would reign in his worst narcissistic and racist impulses. And maybe the realization that he was leading the greatest power in the world would temper his outlook a little bit. The office of the presidency will do that. Instead he’s gotten worse, if that’s possible. He is right about the ‘deep’ state though. Thank god. They realize what a moron he is, as well as the people in his own administration, who constantly ignore his wackier orders.

His refusal to accept the reality of economic globalization and how it has lifted most of the world’s population out of grinding poverty, reverting to tariffs and protectionism of the 19th century and before, which has been proven to be disastrous then and now. His disdain and ignorance for proven scientific facts is scary. My 95 year old non-educated grandfather was more cognizant of the world than this guy.

I’ve never set a high bar for any president. I really don’t care if they have extra-marital affairs or if they’re an all-around jerk. As long as they don’t use the office for personal or their family’s personal gain, I could care less about their private life. He doesn’t even pretend to care, as evidenced by his daughter and son-in-law’s vague positions in the administration.

His admiration in words and actions for our enemy’s leaders is just flat out baffling, as well as his public attacks on our allies. Are these the actions of a sane man? What does he think he’s achieving? What has he achieved on the world stage that has benefited us or the world for that matter?

And let’s not forget governance by Twitter.

The man is not fit for the presidency. At this point I’d vote for my local Libertarian dog catcher.
You mentioned his family involvement. Yeah his tall skinny but yet very nice looking daughter, shouldn't be anywhere near high level meetings with high-level government and other country rulers. Anyways at my age I'm somewhat a womanizer, no not the bad kind she is easy on theveyes. Will say this Trump has pissed his own wife off at times. Remember the green coat thing with the border issue. Also she's a very nice looking woman for her age also. When I saw her with that green long coat on, my thoughts where some what amazement. That lil fiasco Trump had that pornstar that became public and yes was before he was in office. But his wife didn't know if it at the time. Yes totally agree, I really could care less who messes around on their significant other, that's between the two and their moral virtues. Remember leaders lacking moral virtues are easily corruptible.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
One more point: as I am sure so many have read, Trump canceled his meeting with the Danish Prime Minister because they ruled out the possibility of the sale of Greenland to the US. Just imagine something like that occurring in a movie or a book, the American President cancelling a meeting because Denmark wouldn't sell Greenland. It would be implausibly stupid to put in any fiction aside from comedies such as 'Idiocracy'. Yet it really happened.

Consider: the absolute ignorance of history and culture to think that Denmark would be willing to sell Greenland, the mind-boggling stupidity to think that the USA could afford it, the incredible myopia needed to think that Greenland has such value that it should be purchased, and the jaw-dropping pettiness to cancel a meeting with a Prime Minister because they necessarily declined such an asinine proposition. Yet it really happened.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As for Bernie being a "multi-millionaire", I suppose - technically - he is, at a net worth of $2,000,000. So, one might consider him rich, but that's debatable. He might be rich to an inner-city person living on minimum wage, but to the truly rich, he's just another peon.

https://slate.com/business/2019/05/how-rich-is-bernie-sanders-wealth-comparison-millionaires.html
From Forbes-

"Sanders, 77, has, in fact, amassed an estimated $2.5 million fortune from real estate, investments, government pensions—and earnings from three books, including the 2016 hit Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In. “I wrote a best-selling book. If you write a best-selling book, you can be a millionaire, too,” he recently told the New York Times, striking a downright Trumpian note."

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
From Forbes-

"Sanders, 77, has, in fact, amassed an estimated $2.5 million fortune from real estate, investments, government pensions—and earnings from three books, including the 2016 hit Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In. “I wrote a best-selling book. If you write a best-selling book, you can be a millionaire, too,” he recently told the New York Times, striking a downright Trumpian note."
I'm not sure your post provides much of a counterpoint. Regardless, I'd like to clarify that I don't endorse everything that Sanders says. For example, I believe he's wrong on free trade, to an extent, just as Trump is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis