Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Ok, so I made some changes last night, but didn’t take a pic. I’ll take one as soon as I get home, or I’ll have my wife take one. What I did was moved my receivers to the left corner, that allowed me to space out the towers much more. I did a little toe in as well. I then put the subs in the middle, next to the towers on the inside. This looks better and I’m getting much better soundstage from the towers.

I did run YPAO once. I’ll be running REW tonight. With the size of these subs and all the furniture in that room, I’m limited on options to put the subs. They do rock though!!!!!

What are Bass traps used for? In the ceiling corner of the room above the receivers, it’s rattling really hard. It almost sounded like a distorted speaker at first, but it’s just the house rattling. I think it’s the actual siding of the house. I’ll check it out further when I get home. My son was on a walk with his girlfriend and they were across the street. He said from across the street, he couldn’t hear the music, but the gutters in the front were rattling like crazy. He walked to our side of the street and the rattling was louder and he could start to hear the music. I guess I could use some blue putty or double sided tape to help with the gutters and the siding. Besides that upper corner, it sounds clean in the living room.

Watched Underground 6 last night based on @shadyJ Review of the JTR sub he just did. Man you can feel that bass. I also am definitely getting what I assume is infrasonic bass. It’s not audible, but you can feel it on certain notes. Insane poop. I used to be a bass head in car audio. Still have a JL W710 in a high output box in the basement (going in sons car soon) , but even in a larger room, this bass is nuts.

2 questions real quick. My receiver is lower end (Yamaha RZV-681), I’m looking to buy a mini dsp, is it compatible with this? I know it’s not separate sub outs. Also, should I get the normal one or get the 2x4HD?

Also, I was looking at bass shakers for my couch. With these subs, they rock the poop out of my couch. I assume at this point they won’t add much, but wanted everyone’s thoughts.

The Fluance signature bookshelves that used to be my LR, are too big to hang in the back of my room for my rear surrounds. They would hang over the lip considerably. Right now I have Polk T10’s hanging there. How much would an upgrade there make a difference? Does anyone have a suggestion, I need them smaller.
Thanks for everything guys.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm having trouble finding any info on the T10's. Are they older? How big are they?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Last edited:
Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I'm having trouble finding any info on the T10's. Are they older? How big are they?
I’m sorry man, they are the T15’s. I remember I got them for like $50 open box at Best Buy, so pulled the trigger.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Ok, I’m home. Another questions..... I’m going to post this question on a new thread under the correct forum as well. How does this REW look?

This is the prime seat, the way it is set up now. Green is no Room Gain Comp or PEQ through the SVS. Red has both turned on, the Room Gain Comp flattened out the low Hertz and the PEQ, I used to correct the peak about 83 HZ. How does this look? Should I still get a mini dsp? Thanks for the help. Here are pics of the set up (still temporary until I move AVR).

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't even read the photo of your screen....can't you load up an actual screenshot instead?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’ll try. Is this better?
Do 1/12 smoothing.

Wait on the miniDSP for a minute. You may find you want it, but you might not need it.

Don't waste time or money on acoustic room treatments unless it is the last course of action possible to solve a problem. Most people don't fully understand room treatments, and I've see A LOT of experienced cats say they eventually thew away all their panels and stuff after realizing they could fix things pretty well with just proper set up.

And that includes those subs! ;)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Can you spread those main Out? Half way between the Wall and Fireplace edge.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Can you spread those main Out? Half way between the Wall and Fireplace edge.
I can get rid of that damn trunk and that would give me room to move them equally. Right now the left speaker is almost against it. From the tweeters, I have 38” from the side walls. I have 84” in between the tweeters. It’s MUCH better then it was.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Do 1/12 smoothing.

Wait on the miniDSP for a minute. You may find you want it, but you might not need it.

Don't waste time or money on acoustic room treatments unless it is the last course of action possible to solve a problem. Most people don't fully understand room treatments, and I've see A LOT of experienced cats say they eventually thew away all their panels and stuff after realizing they could fix things pretty well with just proper set up.

And that includes those subs! ;)
Sounds good, I’ll do the 1/12 smoothing. Should I run it with the Room gain comp and the PEQ, like I have it for the red line?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can get rid of that damn trunk and that would give me room to move them equally. Right now the left speaker is almost against it. From the tweeters, I have 38” from the side walls. I have 84” in between the tweeters. It’s MUCH better then it was.
Its nice to have space to experiment with! ;)

Sounds good, I’ll do the 1/12 smoothing. Should I run it with the Room gain comp and the PEQ, like I have it for the red line?
It would be nice to see an unsmoothed-uncorrected plot, as well as the smoothed-corrected. :)

As Lovin' said, getting info on how you took the measurements is a little helpful too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And also click the camera icon and it will let you save a screen shot. Much easier to upload and see.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Its nice to have space to experiment with! ;)

It would be nice to see an unsmoothed-uncorrected plot, as well as the smoothed-corrected. :)

As Lovin' said, getting info on how you took the measurements is a little helpful too.
I’m a little confused on the the how I took the measurements info. Do you mean like distance and which speakers?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m a little confused on the the how I took the measurements info. Do you mean like distance and which speakers?
Yes... just to get an idea of mic position, distance, what channels... all the details. I think that's what Lovin' might have been getting to, as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Number/locations of mic positions, assuming if results are averaged, how test tones are generated, mic orientation, all that good stuff!

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Is it worth putting my Bic F12’s in the back of the room? I’m not sure how much it would add, if anything.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is it worth putting my Bic F12’s in the back of the room? I’m not sure how much it would add, if anything.
Not only can they not keep up with those beauties you just bought they can actually hold them back

You never usually want to pair subs with different performance levels with higher performers

The weaker sub will actually hold back the system as it can't keep up this is a general rule I know some people do it

It's very hard to do

But they use dsp rew and they really know what they are doing

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Not only can they not keep up with those beauties you just bought they can actually hold them back

You never usually want to pair subs with different performance levels with higher performers

The weaker sub will actually hold back the system as it can't keep up this is a general rule I know some people do it

It's very hard to do

But they use dsp rew and they really know what they are doing
Sounds good, I didn’t think they could add much to those PB3000’s. I’ve been loving these things, especially knowing the price I got them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis