S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm happy with how my 1212 blends with the HSUs, but it's nearfield too. Next time I get a wild hair up my ass I'm gonna pull a switcheroo and move the 1212 up front and put the HSUs behind me.
Not that the RBH is at all weak, but I would guess the two Hsu's would probably have something like 4 to 5dB more mid-bass headroom. I know what a single near-field VTF-15h mk2 is like, and two would be insane.

Yeah, you are going to have to use both Hsus near-field.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm happy with how my 1212 blends with the HSUs, but it's nearfield too. Next time I get a wild hair up my ass I'm gonna pull a switcheroo and move the 1212 up front and put the HSUs behind me.
Not that the RBH is at all weak, but I would guess the two Hsu's would probably have something like 4 to 5dB more mid-bass headroom. I know what a single near-field VTF-15h mk2 is like, and two would be insane.

Yeah, you are going to have to use both Hsus near-field.
Do it

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I'm happy with how my 1212 blends with the HSUs, but it's nearfield too.
The thing to do for subs in an apartment is to use near-field placement, so that you get hit by the same SPL but the overall in-room SPL is much lower.
Ok, I was going to resist commenting here but after two references to nearfield setups and subs, I can't resist.
@shadyJ knows his subs and sub placement techniques as well as anybody.
@Pogre is a practicing bass-head with great subs that he's dragged all over his listening room.
I can attest that putting a sub right behind your listening position in a nearfield setup will cure what ails ya.
It's medicine for the musical soul. The complaining and the "what ifs?" stop with that sub firing right at you through your chair.

As usual, YMMV and all those caveats. No actual subs were harmed in the creation of this post.

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Ok, I was going to resist commenting here but after two references to nearfield setups and subs, I can't resist.
@shadyJ knows his subs and sub placement techniques as well as anybody.
@Pogre is a practicing bass-head with great subs that he's dragged all over his listening room.
I can attest that putting a sub right behind your listening position in a nearfield setup will cure what ails ya.
It's medicine for the musical soul. The complaining and the "what ifs?" stop with that sub firing right at you through your chair.

As usual, YMMV and all those caveats. No actual subs were harmed in the creation of this post.

What are the "complaining" and " what if's" your referring to?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis