PB13-ULTRA Rosewood or Textured black ?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
no, the magnets on the grills are very strong - no vibrations from them.

i asked for color swatches from SVS when i was choosing between oak and rosenut, but their swatches are not the same as the actual finish. here's a picture of the swatch on top of the actual unit.

but you can still use this pic as a reference (if you have the swatches)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like the color of the actual sub better than the samples and its really helpful, thankyou :) Glad that the grills dont rattle because I love the looks its totaly different from the norm and definately what I want .

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
it's not exactly the same, but i personally can't tell the difference. i think the NSD's are vinyl, and the textured blacks are sprayed on.

oh, and rosewood has been phased out. rosenut is the new color.
Ok, so hows about you send me one of those subs. your choice which one. PLEASE!!!

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Movin' on up...

Sorry, just had to:D As for my vote, I have to say Rosenut. They just look beautiful, and since it's in a living room and not a dedicated theater the finish will fit in great. Now on the other hand if it was a dedicated room, black all the way so everything blends in.

Wow, it was a long night at work. Had a thought after the first 4 posts in this thread and completely forgot it by the end.

Why not just go with a Kappa Perfect build and be done with it??? You know you're going to want to by the time you're all said and done and that way you could finish it anyway you wanted :) :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've often asked myself the same question... most of the stuff in my setup is piano black, and that would be my first choice, but I'm too cheap to spend the extra $100 on gloss black, and I really like the looks of the rosenut, but I'm not sure how it would blend in with the rest of my system. I have the PB10 in textured black, but I can't see the pics here at work since they are blocked by the firewall, but if it's the same as the NSD series, I would go with the rosenut. I really want an ultra, but don't have the extra money right now, even if I did sell my PC+.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm going to go ahead and vote for Rosenut. I like the look of your system but I think a touch of finely polished wood would POP in that space. Not just break it up, but offer some contrast to draw the eye. It's not the things that blend in that make the whole extraordinary. It's the quality of the things that shine that make everything look better.
I had a thought this morning as I was reading through this, and Dave beat me to it. I was going to change my view and say go with rosenut because your system needs a little bling...but Dave said it more intelligently (as always :)).

Ever consider twin towers, btw?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It's not the things that blend in that make the whole extraordinary. It's the quality of the things that shine that make everything look better.
Further to this, if you take a pretty girl and put her in a little black dress, you have a pretty girl in a little black dress. Now give her a pearl necklace...now you've got something special.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Further to this, if you take a pretty girl and put her in a little black dress, you have a pretty girl in a little black dress. Now give her a pearl necklace...now you've got something special.:D
Wait...is she still wearing the black dress?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It took about 30 minutes for it to roll through my brain, but it just occurred to me that you might think that I meant something else by my dress comment. I was actually picturing a real pearl necklace. Yes, I am that lame. :eek:

TheFactor

TheFactor

I had a thought this morning as I was reading through this, and Dave beat me to it. I was going to change my view and say go with rosenut because your system needs a little bling...but Dave said it more intelligently (as always :)).

Ever consider twin towers, btw?
Yes I did consider twins but only for a few minutes, the problem is I am in a house but neighbors are close, the second problem is I'd have to have one in the back of the room and one in the front and that might be to challenging for me to get it to sound wright, hec im even worried about just setting up one and last but not least space is a issue. My area is shaped like a rectangle and my HT setup is to one side of it whitch leads to the dinning room and then kitchen. Its very difficult to setup as it is. I really think twins is to much for my small area and last but not least I'd have to sell my cat, my kid and my hex..opps I mean x to get two :p:D Sooo Rosenut gets another vote :D:D
I've often asked myself the same question... most of the stuff in my setup is piano black, and that would be my first choice, but I'm too cheap to spend the extra $100 on gloss black, and I really like the looks of the rosenut, but I'm not sure how it would blend in with the rest of my system. I have the PB10 in textured black, but I can't see the pics here at work since they are blocked by the firewall, but if it's the same as the NSD series, I would go with the rosenut. I really want an ultra, but don't have the extra money right now, even if I did sell my PC+.
yes its a very tuff decision:confused: but we have another vote for Rosenut :D

The rosenut would work too....flip a coin. ;)
and another vote for Rosenut.... maybe more like 50/50 :D

Now thats what im talking about : )

TheFactor

TheFactor

Well it looks like Rosenut is winning so keep the votes coming. I cant decide so were going to go with a majority decision when the smoke clears;) I keep sitting on my couch picturing that rosenut were my sub is now and mmm mmmm . But Then I think of the textured black and think how mean that would look there lol ...:confused::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Get the rosenut sub and a black cloth. That way you could have a color for every occasion. :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Get the rosenut sub and a black cloth. That way you could have a color for every occasion. :)
I like the metal grill in black and I guess the speakers are black to and the ports hmmm :) You know I could even tie the Rosenut in better by eventually changing my coffee table and end tables to match. But I have a feeling thats going to be hard to match .

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I like the metal grill in black and I guess the speakers are black to and the ports hmmm :) You know I could even tie the Rosenut in better by eventually changing my coffee table and end tables to match. But I have a feeling thats going to be hard to match .
Not that you really need to, but that's actually why I ended up with the rosenut color. Well for two reaons, I really like that color of wood, and my credenza, stands are that color as well.

The Ultra's rosenut veneer is beautiful. One of the finest finishes out there on a sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis