PB13-ULTRA Rosewood or Textured black ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
My New Temporary Sub

Well I had to pull my sub out of my bedroom System to fill the spot were my NSD was since it went back yesterday until I get the PB13 . I was very worried that this sub would sound terrible in my main ht system but it sounds pretty good for a cheap sub. For music its not to bad and Movies I was supprised what this little sub can do. Obviously its no comparison to the SVS but this little Element ESW12 hopefully will do the job for a couple of weeks .Its funny how small it looks now compared to the SVS PB12nsd

TheFactor

TheFactor

Well after watching Fantastic 4 I must say this little sub doesnt even come close to the thunder of the SVS PB12nsd :( So I guess im going to have to suffer for a couple of weeks but it should be worth the wait :D In the mean time i've been drowning my sorrows in blu-rays . So far I bought Iron Man, Master and Commander, BlackHawk Down,The Orphanage , Dark city and Transformers. They'll Remain unopened until my ultra arrives :D

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Well after watching Fantastic 4 I must say this little sub doesnt even come close to the thunder of the SVS PB12nsd :( So I guess im going to have to suffer for a couple of weeks but it should be worth the wait :D In the mean time i've been drowning my sorrows in blu-rays . So far I bought Iron Man, Master and Commander, BlackHawk Down,The Orphanage , Dark city and Transformers. They'll Remain unopened until my ultra arrives :D
So did you finally order an Ultra (rosynut)????:)

TheFactor

TheFactor

So did you finally order an Ultra (rosynut)????:)
Well I haven't ordered it yet but financially im almost ready and everythings in motion and all my Penguins are in a row:). See i've made a commitment to myself that everything I get or have for my HT system will be payed for cash and no financing or credit cards will be used and so far i've lived up to it but let me tell you its been hard holding back on not throwing my plastic down to get the Ultra . Everytime I say I'll just use a card on something and pay it off at the end of the month it doesnt happen so on my HT toys i've put my foot down and have only used cash and actually im pretty proud of myself for sticking to the plan since day one :) So my HT is all payed for every penny so anyway to answer your question now that i've told you my life history lol j/k I had to move some out of state funds around and so I should be ready to rock sometime next week . But you know the funny part is im still not 100% sure what finish I want yet but I have a feeling im going to end up deciding like some others did and thats when im on the phone or online placing the order pushing buttons lol .Also to tell you the truth I think im going to make you guys wait until I get it and take pics that day to tell you what finish:p So even if I did know What finish Im not telling until I get it to keep everyone in suspense :p I do have a pretty good idea though if I dont change my mind by next week ;)

TheFactor

TheFactor

And I just realised whats even funnier is it was easier when I bought my Motorcycle last year then it is to pick out the finish on my Ultra:eek: . When I was at the Dealership and They were rolling my bike on to the show room I told the saleman thats the bike wright there thats the one I want and within 5 minutes he was putting a sold tag on it with my name and rolling it off the show room floor. I only wish it was that easy picking out the finish on my Ultra lol , I feel worse than my girlfriend when shes shopping for cloths. I've never seen so many dresses go back on the rack and then back off again lol .

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I know what you mean... I'm trying to sell my 20-39 PC+ for an ultra, and while I really like the rosenut, the black would match better. I know for sure I would go with the gloss black if it weren't an extra $100.

B

boarder1995

Audioholic Intern
I went with the gloss black and it looks great! I have older Mirage speakers that it looks good with. I am amazed at the pressure levels capable with this unit.

TheFactor

TheFactor

I know what you mean... I'm trying to sell my 20-39 PC+ for an ultra, and while I really like the rosenut, the black would match better. I know for sure I would go with the gloss black if it weren't an extra $100.
Yes Its a hard choice and im only days away from pulling the trigger :D I've caught myself thinking about the gloss black :rolleyes: and that was even after I was saying I'd never own another piano black because MY Velodine DPS10 was that finish on top, its so hard to keep clean along with I had looked at it for over a year already lol . But it is a rich and beautiful finish :confused:

TheFactor

TheFactor

I went with the gloss black and it looks great! I have older Mirage speakers that it looks good with. I am amazed at the pressure levels capable with this unit.
Nice, congrats and good choice !!! Thats about as rich a finish as you can get, its a very classy finish and sounds like it blends well with your setup . How long have you had it ? Sounds like your pretty happy with its performance :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum! In the future, it will be better to start your own thread than to start a completely new topic inside of someone else's thread - but no worries for this.

Does the woofer have a part number on it? Have you contacted the manufacturer?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Wow I Suddenly had some flash backs to this thread :eek: lol

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Huh. A new member posted in here asking a question about a subwoofer driver that might have been blown. I guess the person decided to start a new thread...or just forget about it.

EDIT: Ahhh, here it is.

TheFactor

TheFactor

LMAO long live the TEXTURED BLACK VS ROSEWOOD THREAD hee hee :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis