Pass Labs F7 Class A Stereo Power Amplifier Preview

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
"Now I will concede one thing. I have used these current dumpers most of my life now. So my speakers were designed and voiced using those amps. So it is certainly possible my designs are optimal with those amps." He probably voiced the amps as well to obtain what he wanted . BTW ......I think it is a bit unfair and irresponsible to call Nelson Pass a plagiarist , especially without proof . He has many patents and gives his schematics , time and experience to the DIY community . Not only that , to most audiophiles , his work is the pinnacle of solid state design , build and sound quality .
Well, after pressure Nelson Pass did say That his Threshold Stasis 1 amp of 1978 was "A Kissing Cousin of the Quad 405. May be plagiarism is too strong. But it would have served him better to have acknowledged Peter"s work at the outset.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Well, after pressure Nelson Pass did say That his Threshold Stasis 1 amp of 1978 was "A Kissing Cousin of the Quad 405. May be plagiarism is too strong. But it would have served him better to have acknowledged Peter"s work at the outset.
He did, actually. His patent for the Stasis topology not only references Walker's patent, but describes the incremental improvements claimed. But they are incremental.

L

lukesky518

Enthusiast
Thanks Irv , but you stole my line....lol . After looking at Nelson's patents I find it difficult to believe that he needs to ride on anyone's coat tails.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis