Outlaw model 200 mono block??

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Do they stay that warm even if you have not played them - Say, if you leave them on overnight and check them in the morning before playing anything?
I am trying to figure out if they get hot from being worked hard or if the get hot from being on.
If you are lucky, using you avr to cross the speakers to subs at 80 or 100Hz might reduce the temperature of the speaker amps.
It's not too unusual for the amps in powered speakers to feel hot to touch is it?

That said if you can get the price you want for your LSIs I support a different type of speaker. Speakers with powered amp sections are notorious for failures and being difficult to source parts for, especially older models.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's not too unusual for the amps in powered speakers to feel hot to touch is it?
No, I just wanted to get some sense and also make sure they weren't turning cherry red and about to ignite his house!
Being used, you never know what they have seen and just wanted to know they were running a reasonable hot.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
No, I just wanted to get some sense and also make sure they weren't turning cherry red and about to ignite his house!
Being used, you never know what they have seen and just wanted to know they were running a reasonable hot.
No , nothing lake crazy hot. Thanks for all the advice and help to all of you guys and happy Thanks Giving!!

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
How we doing on the setup? Don't say Thanksgiving :D
Ok, I install the outlaws, did the calibration with the set up microphone and lake most people on that forum said I couldn't hear a big difference. The difference came after I turned on the audyssey on and had access to the graphic equalizer. After playing with that for a while and adjust it yhe way I laked the sound, o my god, I never heard this speakers sounding like that, night and day difference.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, I install the outlaws, did the calibration with the set up microphone and lake most people on that forum said I couldn't hear a big difference. The difference came after I turned on the audyssey on and had access to the graphic equalizer. After playing with that for a while and adjust it yhe way I laked the sound, o my god, I never heard this speakers sounding like that, night and day difference.
Cant remember what model you have with Audyssey, but there is an editor app that gives you more control than the EQ in the AVR. It's only been out for about 1 1/2 years so check it out when you get time.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
Cant remember what model you have with Audyssey, but there is an editor app that gives you more control than the EQ in the AVR. It's only been out for about 1 1/2 years so check it out when you get time.
The receiver is Denon avr-x3100. But I am looking in to used x6200 for update.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You do still have the jumpers in place and the speakers plugged in?

Happy you got a big improvement either way. Good job!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The receiver is Denon avr-x3100. But I am looking in to used x6200 for update.
Audyssey editor app won't work with either of those models, it was the x3xx series and beyond that got that....

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Happy to hear you have a sound that sounds very good. Enjoy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis