Outlaw model 200 mono block??

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
I have the jumpers, I just dont use them, my understanding is that if you use only mid and high you take the jumpers out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Everett looked up the specs and the mids are crossed over with the bass drivers at 180 hz. If he doesn't have the bass drivers connected and the sub filter set at 60 hz wouldn't he be missing a lot of bass information?
According to the Polk manual, there's a cross at 80 hz (assume for the bass to midrange) and at 800hz (and 2.4k).

ps Now that I type that out....I'm confused :) Is it a 4 way with "sub"?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the jumpers, I just dont use them, my understanding is that if you use only mid and high you take the jumpers out.
By only utilizing your mids and tweeters you're cutting out a huge chunk of your bass and it's not being made up by your subs. That would absolutely come across as lacking. I strongly recommend putting the jumpers back on and do a recalibration. You should notice a pretty massive improvement.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
According to the Polk manual, there's a cross at 80 hz (assume for the bass to midrange) and at 800hz (and 2.4k).
I might have misunderstood, I didn't look it up myself. OP did confirm that he removed the jumpers and is only using the top set of posts.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
By only utilizing your mids and tweeters you're cutting out a huge chunk of your bass and it's not being made up by your subs. That would absolutely come across as lacking. I strongly recommend putting the jumpers back on and do a recalibration. You should notice a pretty massive improvement.
Thanks for the advice, I will do that and keep you posted. The only thing I don't understand is do I still have to plug the amp to the outlet or not if I dont use the amp!?!?!?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

ps Now that I type that out....I'm confused :) Is it a 4 way with "sub"?
I just found some info on Crutchfield and took a screenie...

Screenshot_2019-11-26-13-50-53-1.png

I think it worthy to note that the "Recommended Amplifier Power" is only 20 watts... lol.

I see what you're saying about the 80 hz crossover and being confused, 'cuz I am now too... :oops:

*Edit: One of the crossover specs is "60-180Hz"... ? Dafuq?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the advice, I will do that and keep you posted. The only thing I don't understand is do I still have to plug the amp to the outlet or not if I dont use the amp!?!?!?
Yes, you should plug it in. The drivers and crossovers are all designed and arranged to compliment each other. Unless there's something wrong with the drivers or amp section I would utilize the whole speaker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just found some info on Crutchfield and took a screenie...

View attachment 32426

I think it worthy to note that the "Recommended Amplifier Power" is only 20 watts... lol.

I see what you're saying about the 80 hz crossover and being confused, 'cuz I am now too... :oops:
I hate relying on a retailer's spec. That breakdown of crossover is even more confusing now :)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
They way I see is 2400hz to the tweeter, upper mid 800, 60 hz lower mid and 80hz woofer. As stated not well designed, but it does sound good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They way I see is 2400hz to the tweeter, upper mid 800, 60 hz lower mid and 80hz woofer. As stated not well designed, but it does sound good.
FWIW the manual says:

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY:

80Hz, 800Hz, 2.4k

CROSSOVER SLOPE:

Driver: 2rd Order HP, 2nd Order LP, cascaded

Tweeter: 3rd Order HP

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah well, when something is lacking or missing I'd say not using the lower half of a speaker could account for a lot no matter where it's crossed over... lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I think I'd tend to use this speaker including it's powered woofer.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think this is the last time I buy speakers with internal powered sub!!!
When implemented well they can sound very nice. I've heard good things about the Lsi models and don't think you did bad for speakers, but yeah. To get the most from them you really gotta utilize the whole speaker. Let us know your impressions! I don't see how there couldn't be a significant improvement!

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
When implemented well they can sound very nice. I've heard good things about the Lsi models and don't think you did bad for speakers, but yeah. To get the most from them you really gotta utilize the whole speaker. Let us know your impressions! I don't see how there couldn't be a significant improvement!
Will let you know. Thanks

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Like its been said you need to do reconnect the jumpers and recalibrate your speakers the jumpers are not supposed to be taken off and used the way your driving them basically your only using 1/2 of the speaker that way

I bet you if you do that your going to be liking those speakers a whole helluva lot more on the outlaw 5000.

Then spend the money saved on some better subs I believe those speakers run full range can almost outdo those polk subs not very good subs

Those are tough towers to drive but beautiful sounding when driven well. They deserve a better sub to component them

As a few have mentioned buying the mono 200 to run the front 3 due to the difficulty in driving might not be a bad idea then use the 5000 for the rest of the system

BUT

I'd put your jumpers back on your speakers run and calibrate the correctly and buy the better subs first

Then the mono 200's

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Will let you know. Thanks
P.S. like it's been said please reconnect and use the powered section of the speaker they are meant to be used this way

I'm excited to hear what you get out of makimg some adjustments as well

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The only thing I don't understand is do I still have to plug the amp to the outlet or not if I dont use the amp!?!?!?
I am not sure if you have mentioned what AVR or pre-pro you are using; however, generally you want to configure your speaker to full range performance and set the speakers to small then let the AVR perform the crossover from your speakers to your subwoofers. Start at 80 Hz crossover then trial and error to determine what crossover frequency works best. It is largely a function of how good your speakers play bass vs the subwoofers and whether the speaker are located in places that allow the bass to be even at your LP.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I am not sure if you have mentioned what AVR or pre-pro you are using; however, generally you want to configure your speaker to full range performance and set the speakers to small then let the AVR perform the crossover from your speakers to your subwoofers. Start at 80 Hz crossover then trial and error to determine what crossover frequency works best. It is largely a function of how good your speakers play bass vs the subwoofers and whether the speaker are located in places that allow the bass to be even at your LP.
If specs are true, or even missing something his speakers don't play nice with a sub crossover. If the assumption is the speakers woofers are crossed at 80, it still is an issue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis